Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Asha

Poker

Can't believe Van Hoof didn't win, he was hitting everything on the first day of the final table. Could tell Jacobson was the best player out of the final 3 though.

Couldn't have picked 2 better days to be off sick from work lol

On to my poker escapades..... came 57th out of 166 in the GUKPT satellite in Blackpool on Sunday but the format was terrible.

2K starting stack, no chance of 3 betting light or making a move without shipping. It was unlimited rebuys for the first 2 hours and obviously there were guys there who had 400 quid in their pocket and were willing to spend that on on rebuys instead of buying in for a grand the week after which just meant silly poker. After 4 hours of play the average stack was only 15 Big Blinds lol that's bingo not poker. 

Was hoping to get to all the satellites next year to try and qualify for a main event but doubt I will with that format, not willing to travel around the country just to let the poker gods decide if I get good enough cards to win.  

Dusk till Dawn next Saturday for the £25 rebuy for me I think, WPT is in town so will be quite a few big names in there for the 3k buy in 1Mil guarantee! 

The WPT main event at DTD will be fantastic but way out of my price range! 2k starting stack is a joke, might as well play the online satellites. I know you can qualify online from the Grosvenor poker software- unsure what the structures are like though. I'm having a couple months away from gambling altogether but I want to have a good go at winning a package for EPT Malta when I return in February. Playing with the pros (Selbst, Negreunu, Coren, Ivey, Jacobson, Haxton, Quoss) would be invaluable. Even to play one hand against any of them would be a dream for me, so really hoping to win a seat.

Van Hoof ran like God on Monday, but Jacobson didn't make a mistake. Can't think of a single hand he didn't get maximum value from. Those Aces spring to mind where Stephensen had KJ, but the snap call with A10 vs Van Hoof's A5 was incredible.

• 2 weeks later...

Been playing online most of the day. On Pokerstars there is a Poker school. One pro took a group of online players through the hands and how he won. The first  part anyway. All viewers got a ticket for a tourney. Quizzes too. Got f100% for the qualifying one which was easy.

Played Mostly Sit N Gos. Won one cashed in others. Poker stars is now linked to Full Til. You can switch one to the other. Was going to transfer some cash but I would lose an entrance ticket  and points if i did

Played some playmoney on FT. Blinds 1 and 2 and players were raising to  24 plus preflop. one player went all in 1k as i joined.

impossible to play properly.

Finished runner up in one of our pub games so i am improving.

Goodnight all.

Playing the end of month competition at Grosvenor Leicester on Saturday. Buy in is £100+£10 with a £5,000 guarantee. I know I said on the last page I don't like that place but it's the first of their new monthly £5k comp so I'm gonna check it out.

Then on Sunday Pokerstars are having Tourney Number One Billion. $109 entry, with $2million guarenteed ($200k for 1st) and $200k in giveaways so should be fun.

If anyone wants a game of HU on Pokerstars at £3.50 there is one table available I am Nightguard66. Currently registerred on a 6 and 9 table but they are slow filling up. Won one and flopped in another.

Not sure if this will work.I need to embed a code for my HU game

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/11928399_7B2412A0DC

This one works

Dam It's only one hand. I can email myself the history and i have a exel record but cannot replay them.

This is the last hand

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/11931655_735229B268

Anyone check out the 1 billionth tourney on Pokerstars last night? 35 thousand runners!!

Winning that isn't about skill! You would have to win about 30 all ins in a row to win that thing!

Played it. Came about 10000th though lol

Had JQ beaten by J10. It wasn't the best spot to get in with but I was fairly short and ahead when they went in. Rather have luck than skill any day

Played it. Came about 10000th though lol

Had JQ beaten by J10. It wasn't the best spot to get in with but I was fairly short and ahead when they went in. Rather have luck than skill any day

Equivalent of coming 10th out of 35! So not bad lol

I was gonna enter it but realised I'm not lucky enough!

Archived