Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ZeljkoKalac1

Some fans have short memories!

I think the moaning is to some extent justifiable, the past 3 games have been against opposition not far ahead (if at all) against some of the teams we played last season and we've only managed 1 point out of 9. It's not bad luck, we just haven't been performing nearly to our capability. I'm sure we'll bounce back soon but we really need to start playing like we did in the first 5 games where we didn't give the opposition breathing space and it worked in our favour. We seem to be giving away possession quite a lot lately and it's costing us

We were absolutely awful yesterday make no mistake.

Since Nige re-joined I've never critised him. But yesterday was probably his worst game for us. I thought he might have learnt from the great slump of Januray - March 2013, but clearly not. The last 3 games have been dreadful. It pains me to say it but Nige is under some pressure now and needs to pick up points in the next two games or we're all in the serious shit. We'll be seeing someone new in the dugout before the end of November.

This is now our biggest test as a club. I hope Nige gets it together, really do.

If we'd had beaten Burnley we wouldn't be having this conversation. At the start of the season would any of us expected us to go to Newcastle and expect to win?

We've had some results earlier in the season that have flattered us a bit, now teams know a bit more about us and are adjusting accordingly. It's a bit of a worrying mini slump admittedly but we've got to hang in there.

I just don't get this 'complacency' argument. Our players have not suddenly become so self confident and arrogant that they stop trying. This is mystical nonsense.

Secondly, the formation we put out today could have done the job. Pack the middle, keep the ball and stop them playing. It didnt..cest la vie.

Finally, Newcastle were desperate to win. Absolutely desperate. That COULD have gone our way, but again..it didn't.

I agree with the OP. There are a lot of people already getting their knickers in a twist when only a few weeks ago..mark that. ...just a few weeks ago...were hailing Pearson as the best thing ever.

You know who you are, you are fickle if you do this and stop reacting as if every game is one we SHOULD win..it isnt like that. Its the Premier League.

Agree totally,Spot on.

If we'd had beaten Burnley we wouldn't be having this conversation. At the start of the season would any of us expected us to go to Newcastle and expect to win?

We've had some results earlier in the season that have flattered us a bit, now teams know a bit more about us and are adjusting accordingly. It's a bit of a worrying mini slump admittedly but we've got to hang in there.

I would have expected us to have at least one win from playing two teams in the relegation zone.

I haven't got a short memory, but that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to criticize the players, the performance, the manager after a poor result. In which, we've had three consecutive poor results now. There were 3200 of us there yesterday, we've all traveled a long way, we played a poor Newcastle team and I expect(ed) us to perform better than what we did.

The worst thing about all this is being told I can't "moan". What's the point in a forum if we can't have an opinion? Just because we're in the Premier League (Nigel has done a brilliant job and I respect him) doesn't mean we should be happy with a poor performance now and then.

We can't keep using this "we've had a great start" and "it's the premier league, we're not going to win every week", yes we have started well but we all said that the games proceeding the United game would be our acid test. So far we've failed miserably, looked fragile at the back, and void of any ideas coming forward!

in terms of hearing fans at the game ranting and raving this is surely the result  of yet another misplaced pass,fluffed chance , unnecessary free kick or pub team  standard corner than anything more sinister. When you're watching it unfold in front of you its unlikely that you will be placated or comforted by the thought that at least we have one of the lowest wage bills!

Archived