Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

premier league away atmosphere HOME TEAMS

Everton sounds like a morgue.

I could imagine it being great for a 5:30 against a top side in a big game, but against us I bet it'll be wank.

The majority of places have gone right downhill. It's a cultural thing. Everton having become a top side themselves (well, sort of) go into home games expecting to win. You only have to look at Leicester this season to see how it works. Three games we went in as underdogs and it was quality every time. Burnley at home, favourites, absolutely shit atmosphere.

English fans go missing when they're needed most.

Can you name 3 teams better at home then

I reckon our ends gonna be quality there though

I thought the same about us at Newcastle. Awful would be putting it politely.

Everton fans are poor.

I've been in the Gladys end before, admittedly against Blackburn Rovers.

They sang about 2/3 songs during the whole duration of the game. It was absolutely pathetic. They went 1 up as well and ended up drawing 1-1. They only get themselves up for the big boys.

They're a funny bunch, Everton, can't think of any fanbase quite like them.

Stick to the thread

They're much of a muchness. Our place will be louder than Everton most games this season, as will most teams who are regularly underdogs. Ours would go to shit if we became a regular top six side like theirs has.

Palace are the only consistently noisy fans at home.

The one problem of unreserved seating is you'll get some people who want to sit and be on the back row, happened at some preseson friendlies this year, granted they don't mean a lot but it was an observation i made

You'll get less of that than you do with things the way they are currently though surely? At the moment when you buy your ticket, unless you ask specifically, you could be allocated a seat absolutely anywhere so consequently, you can get sitters who get tickets on the back row & standers who could be at the front. If those people are determined to stick to their allocated seats then you've got problems.

With unreserved seating, there would be absolutely no excuse for somebody choosing to sit on the very back row & telling people around them to sit down when they had every opportunity to take a seat further forwards where there would be no chance of their view being impeded by standers. Works the other way round too. Granted you'd have to hope common sense would prevail.

You'll get less of that than you do with things the way they are currently though surely? At the moment when you buy your ticket, unless you ask specifically, you could be allocated a seat absolutely anywhere so consequently, you can get sitters who get tickets on the back row & standers who could be at the front. If those people are determined to stick to their allocated seats then you've got problems.

With unreserved seating, there would be absolutely no excuse for somebody choosing to sit on the very back row & telling people around them to sit down when they had every opportunity to take a seat further forwards where there would be no chance of their view being impeded by standers. Works the other way round too. Granted you'd have to hope common sense would prevail.

Good Point, i know a lot of people on priority scheme for stoke who request back row got near the front!

The one problem of unreserved seating is you'll get some people who want to sit and be on the back row, happened at some preseson friendlies this year, granted they don't mean a lot but it was an observation i made

You can stick the blame on them if they do that. They know people are going to stand in front of them and so you can't be accused of blocking their view, they blocked their own.

Wasnt exactly flat! There was large groups of city fans spread out amongst the away end singing but the problem was it was never the same chant/song so it resulted in pockets of fans singing different songs. Rather than singing in unison.

I thought swanseas fans were good, always sang as one so they came across as very loud. Constant throughout the full 90 too.

This thread wasn't about our ends.. its about away games. Swansea were the best vocal fans I've seen this season but then again it isn't hard.

Agree. I was right by the Swansea fans (on the side where they had their drum) and they were very good. Had quite a varied songbook and were pretty loud at times. Our fans were pretty poor over that side & Swansea drowned us out nearly every time we tried to get something going. They put the Geordies last week to shame!

Agree. I was right by the Swansea fans (on the side where they had their drum) and they were very good. Had quite a varied songbook and were pretty loud at times. Our fans were pretty poor over that side & Swansea drowned us out nearly every time we tried to get something going. They put the Geordies last week to shame!

Song book was very good yes. I liked the Wilfred Bony song shame we haven't got anything like it. Ulloa song gets sung too much

Yeah that Wilfred Bony song is good. Also agree about the Ulloa chant. We sing it way too often. It's like the default go-to song anytime there's a slight lull or gap between chants. It's a shame because it's a decent chant but by over-using it we're destroying its credibility in my opinion.

They're much of a muchness. Our place will be louder than Everton most games this season, as will most teams who are regularly underdogs. Ours would go to shit if we became a regular top six side like theirs has.

Palace are the only consistently noisy fans at home.

I can't seem to decide if your a moron or a troll...

Just because your team is doing well it doens't mean your fans turn to shite

Swansea fans - Surprisingly loud. Had moments of being quiet but when they got going they were superb. I don't remember them being that good before.

Leicester fans - Shit again. Two weeks running we've had an absolutely flat away end. You start a song and no-one bothers joining in. Our fans have turned really shit lately.

I can't seem to decide if your a moron or a troll...

Just because your team is doing well it doens't mean your fans turn to shite

I find it often does. You get no atmosphere at these places until they go ahead. I've seen the fans of those clubs themselves saying it.

You only have to have been at our home games this season to see my point. We were loud in the three we were underdogs, Burnley come to town, a team we expect to beat, and it all goes flat again.

Archived