Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stuliasz

Player Ratings vs Luton Town

Hi everyone, the web site is ready to take your ratings. I feel I must say PLEASE PLEASE don't vote out of frustration, if you feel you are going to register a vote which is extreme then please wait and vote either tomorrow or Monday. It makes it more difficult for me to keep this up if people are going to register in the extremes out of frustration as it does not show the true feelings of the fans. One fans extreme vote can bring down the votes of another ten fans.

Go to www.player-ratings.co.uk/rate/index.html to register your vote.

I sympathise but if we vote according to your criteria:

5 - Not a good performance but did not disgrace himself.

4 - Played considerably below the level that he can. A poor performance.

and CL's description of

too many players underperforming
then there is likely to be more 4's than anything else.

As I said in another post I can recall all of the starting eleven with the exception of Rab making at least two glaring mistakes - that makes them a four in my eyes.

I don't mind that Davie, I just don't want people coming on and voting 1s and 2s for everyone as that is just unrealistic and drags down the total average so that it is biased towards their vote. I can tell the difference between frustration votes and not.

I don't mind that Davie, I just don't want people coming on and voting 1s and 2s for everyone as that is just unrealistic and drags down the total average so that it is biased towards their vote. I can tell the difference between frustration votes and not.

Fair enough :)

WHAT THE HELL!

People giving Williams 7 & 6!!!!!!!!! and man of the match

He was pathetic. He had one decent shot and that was it. He missed two complete sitters, his corners were abysmal, how is floating it into the keeper gonna score goals? Plus he never went for the ball and when he did have it he lost it and didnt try and get it back.

MOM for some people, Worst player on pitch my a country mile. Get well soon Hughes

WHAT THE HELL!

He was pathetic. He had one decent shot and that was it. He missed two complete sitters, his corners were abysmal, how is floating it into the keeper gonna score goals? Plus he never went for the ball and when he did have it he lost it and didnt try and get it back.

MOM for some people, Worst player on pitch my a country mile. Get well soon Hughes

:ph34r:

They're just giving their opinion.

WHAT THE HELL!

Agree completely, hes living off that corner at charlton that he floated in.

Time and again his anticipation was wank plus he backed out of 50 50's, pleaaaaaase come back Hughesy!

Douglas - 6 - Not really any glaring errors, I don’t blame him for the pen or the goal, he caught some crosses, which was good, but some of his kicking could have been better and occasionally he was a bit slow to react.

Stearman - 7 - I’ve marked him higher than the other defenders not necessarily for his defensive work but for his all around play, particularly in attacking areas, which was much better than what the other three offered. Sure he was raw, and occasionally gave the ball away or didn’t know where to pass it to, but at other times he made saving challenges, especially that one in the first half where he just stopped their attack dead by nicking the ball.

McCarthy - 6 - the backpass at the end was very poor, but I can’t really blame him too much for it as Johansson was doing it all through the game and its only a miracle that he didn’t get into the same situation. Otherwise he was mostly solid.

Johansson - 6 - kept doing dodgy backpasses and should have scored in the first half, but otherwise ok.

Maybury - 6 - average game for him, as they all are when he’s at LB, didn’t really do much but I don’t remember him making mistakes either. Liked his willingness to get forward towards the end, but really it was too little too late.

Sylla - 4 - Where is the Sylla we saw in the first few games? I suppose we shouldn’t be surprised as we were warned about this by Celtic fans. Again he seemed more intent on fighting with those around him than playing properly, how Levein kept him on for so long I don’t know. Their player should have been booked or at least talked to after that off-the-ball tussle but Sylla then deciding to go and make things right can’t be acceptable. I can hardly remember him putting in a cross all game and whenever someone hit a ball to him he didn’t try and contest it with the defender but would rather let the Luton player get it (occasionally this could be to do with the quality of the pass in the first place, but not always).

Williams - 6 - He needs to sort his shooting out! Ever since he’s been here he’s had the problem of wanting to take too many touches, or not wanting to shoot at all, today he had three or four golden chances and still couldn’t take any of them. His corners were rubbish as well, I know this is CL’s tactics but surely he can use his own mind and after seeing one corner to the near post being headed away with ease he will whip the next one in at pace, or try a short corner. Apart from the chances in front of goal I didn’t notice any particularly class passes or movement.

Gudjonsson - 7 - for me he was our best player, he wasn’t perfect (a few rash challenges, gave the ball away a couple of times) but the commitment was there, and on occasions the skill. Was all over the pitch and did a lot of the dirty work that needed doing, I hope he doesn’t get dropped for Kisnorbo on Monday as Levein attempts to show the fans he’s willing to change a losing team.

Tiatto - 5 - Started better than the last time I saw him (Ipswich) but overall still not the inspiring captain he needs to be, he went missing for me in the second half and I know Levein likes him to tuck in rather than run up to put the crosses in (if he can do that...) but you could see the difference when Wilcox came on and was actually putting a few balls into the box.

Connolly - 6 - Back to the same old Connolly of last season, working on the wings, too far away from goal, desperate to get the ball but when he gets it he’s got nothing to do with it. The commitment is there but he must really be frustrated with the lack of service, him and de Vries were working well together at the start of the season, why Dublin now?

Dublin - 5 - won a lot more headers but not all of them went to our players, certainly was quite vocal but I’m not sure we have a good enough team around him to be playing him. What I mean is, he’s the kind of player you want there to flick on balls and be on the end of crosses, but as we’re putting no crosses in and we can’t get to flick-ons most of his work ended up being ineffective. He can’t exactly run around and make a nuisance of himself. Other than that chance at the end..... how did he miss it? Oh, and we seemed to be playing more hoof ball just for him.

Subs:

Hammond - 6 - Looked dangerous on occasion at the byline but never really got going, definitely like his enthusiasm still though, as soon as he came onto the pitch he was charging after the ball, trying to make things happen.

Wilcox - 6 - a lot of his crosses were too deep but that’s because we were screaming for the ball in the box and quickly. He put in about the only decent set piece of the game.

de Vries - 6 - not on for long enough to see much, held up the ball for another player at one point and showed us what we were missing but really didn’t have a chance to do anything.

Pretty sound those assessments. I wonder if Levein would be better sticking to a system and choosing the personel to play it rather than trying to find a system to suit the personnel he favours.

Tiatto seems to be the bogey man cos Levein doesn't like leaving him out but I wouldn't favour him over Joey. Momo's the other hiccup cos we've got no genuine right-side attackers apart from him. Can Hamill play that side?

Pretty sound those assessments. I wonder if Levein would be better sticking to a system and choosing the personel to play it rather than trying to find a system to suit the personnel he favours.

Tiatto seems to be the bogey man cos Levein doesn't like leaving him out but I wouldn't favour him over Joey. Momo's the other hiccup cos we've got no genuine right-side attackers apart from him. Can Hamill play that side?

Hamill played on the right and scored against Bury, but that is a team from a lower division. Although he sounded alright (and I wasn't there so no doubt someone can give a better assessment of how he played) he's apparently a bit lightweight, and with no attacking options down the left to speak of (with Tiatto playing) I don't know if we can afford to have a player on the right who is just going to get battered about. Perhaps Elvis is a better bet? Not his natural position of course but certainly no pushover.

Well Momo is fast, tough, combative and totally ineffective. If Hamill is lightweight but effective he'll be the better option. Especially if CL can persuade him to work a bit as well when he hasn't got the ball.

From what I read on the Scottish sites he lacks a bit of consistency and is not a great scrapper. But he does have an eye for goal, he can be creative and he also sounds keen.

Better to play him than to try another someone out of position. Then use MDV and Connolly with Hammond coming on as sub and Wilcox out on the left.

Balanced, generally fast, mobile, clever, creative and with goal potential from all five.

Hi everyone, as I am off to the Hull game today, the voting page will simply be switched over to today's team as soon as I get home.

I am finding it difficult to find time to write the match previews and reports, but a few things to look forward to are the awards from the Luton game to be announced tonight, the awards from the Hull game which will be announced on Wednesday night and by the end of the week the very first "Monthly Awards" will be announced.

So if you want to get your vote in for the Luton game, you have until this evening until the page is switched over.

Sheff.

WHAT THE HELL!

where your expert votes then hanson? :sleeping:

Archived