Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Banks

Everton Away

lime street. 

quickest is usually leics - nuneaton, then nuneaton - lime street. but sometimes more expensive than other routes (leics/sheff/lime street or leics/brum/lime street) but cos its a sunday who knows man. but you wanna get to lime street, that's in town, main line trains either go there or south parkway but that's south liverpool (surprisingly) an everton is north liverpool so it's treks away an town is closer.

from town you can drink in town and then get a cab for probs like between 6 an 8 quid to goodison, or get a bus but that'll be packed and cost you £2.20 each way anyway so if there's more than two of you a cab probs works out cheaper. or you can get there first and drink somewhere by the ground but i wouldn't know where cos i've only ever been as a home fan in home pubs which is obviously not ideal, cos round here even if you aren't wearing colours they'll probs realise you aren't from liverpool when you order a drink and don't sound like you are from here, and don't say "nice one lid" when you get your change. 

yeah it's a tough trip i remember when we played united (or was it arsenal) on a sunday 1.30 and the earliest train the other way left at like 9 and got there about half 12 with about 3 changes. i think it was united at home and it was worth it though. 

like i said tho a cab shouldn't be much more than 2 quid each if there's 3 or 4 of you and takes about 10 minutes, so could still get a decent hour or so drinking either side of your cab journey. me myself i will just be rolling out of bed at like midday then drinking with a pal or two then watching us win then getting the bus home then going out to celebrate. gonna be fun. 

yeah it's a tough trip i remember when we played united (or was it arsenal) on a sunday 1.30 and the earliest train the other way left at like 9 and got there about half 12 with about 3 changes. i think it was united at home and it was worth it though. 

like i said tho a cab shouldn't be much more than 2 quid each if there's 3 or 4 of you and takes about 10 minutes, so could still get a decent hour or so drinking either side of your cab journey. me myself i will just be rolling out of bed at like midday then drinking with a pal or two then watching us win then getting the bus home then going out to celebrate. gonna be fun. 

Yeah there is 3 of us, is there any decent pub near the station so we can have a quick pint then get a cab? Also what is it like post match as I imagine it will be a nightmare to get a cab?

Yeah there is 3 of us, is there any decent pub near the station so we can have a quick pint then get a cab? Also what is it like post match as I imagine it will be a nightmare to get a cab?

right by the station not massively, it's a pretty run down area of town. some old school pubs that probably serve good ales but not the type of place i've visited very often. cos i live out of town i don't really have a casual drink in town that often cos there's good pubs round by mine. usually head into town for bars or food. there's a brewdog about a 5 minute walk from lime street which you'd obviously enjoy. some great bars around the bold street/seel street area but ideally you'd want to get here at about 10 am and it be the 7.45 kick off on a tuesday or something lol

cos you'll be pushed for time etc i'd imagine a best plan would be to just find whatever the away pubs are and have a few round the ground or something. can sometimes be a bit shit that though. there are loads of pubs by lime street like, but they're either pretty dead/lack atmosphere cos they're just people waiting for trains and they're a bit depressing. head of steam is attached to lime street (via the back exit not the one down the main set of steps) and is alright for a swift one. just a standard pub really. 

Have a night out in Liverpool lid.

Decent man.

#this 

I read there's a Spoons near the ground that's a safe bet?

yeah there's one on walton road i think, like 10 min walk from the away end. 

to get back into town there's buses but it's probably just as easy to get a cab (but walk like 5 mins in any direction first) or walk to kirkdale train station an get the train back, takes like 5 mins. and if it's like when we went to liverpool by the time we get out the away end the bus stops/cab callers/train stations will be emptying out. 

yeah if you're going back into town after and getting a cab tell him to take you to "the bombed out church" (he'll know) then walk down bold/seel street and every other building is a hipster bar and then on the corner is brewdog. 

right by the station not massively, it's a pretty run down area of town. some old school pubs that probably serve good ales but not the type of place i've visited very often. cos i live out of town i don't really have a casual drink in town that often cos there's good pubs round by mine. usually head into town for bars or food. there's a brewdog about a 5 minute walk from lime street which you'd obviously enjoy. some great bars around the bold street/seel street area but ideally you'd want to get here at about 10 am and it be the 7.45 kick off on a tuesday or something lol

cos you'll be pushed for time etc i'd imagine a best plan would be to just find whatever the away pubs are and have a few round the ground or something. can sometimes be a bit shit that though. there are loads of pubs by lime street like, but they're either pretty dead/lack atmosphere cos they're just people waiting for trains and they're a bit depressing. head of steam is attached to lime street (via the back exit not the one down the main set of steps) and is alright for a swift one. just a standard pub really. 

#this 

yeah there's one on walton road i think, like 10 min walk from the away end. 

Buses?  Taxis? 

I usually walk but then again I'm cheap and hate rammed buses if I can avoid them.  If you're a quick-ish walker it'll take you 45 minutes. 

The Ship and Mitre is just on the edge of town before the main road out towards Goodison and Anfield.  Top notch pub if it's open early enough on the Sunday. 

Got 2 in the lower bullens - one obstructed view, better than nothing!

Buses?  Taxis? 

I usually walk but then again I'm cheap and hate rammed buses if I can avoid them.  If you're a quick-ish walker it'll take you 45 minutes. 

The Ship and Mitre is just on the edge of town before the main road out towards Goodison and Anfield.  Top notch pub if it's open early enough on the Sunday. 

Got 2 in the lower bullens - one obstructed view, better than nothing!

haha yeah you could walk it but that's valuable drinking time! it must be over 2 and a half miles from lime street to goodison? if you're travelling in a group it'd literally be spare change each in a cab and take 5 mins, save walking like an hour through the almost inevitable rain and arriving right on kick off :D 

haha yeah you could walk it but that's valuable drinking time! it must be over 2 and a half miles from lime street to goodison? if you're travelling in a group it'd literally be spare change each in a cab and take 5 mins, save walking like an hour through the almost inevitable rain and arriving right on kick off :D

I walk from mine near China town arch and I sadly looked it up on Google maps - it's 3 miles walk from there to Anfield, little bit further to goodison and I know it's about half a mile from mine to lime Street.

For those not Liverpool based, to get the most out of it maybe go ship and mitre and pre book a delta taxi for about half one. No idea how bad the traffic is mind.

Yes it is Maybes.

Clove hitch is very nice - to be honest it's a bit too nice for post football boozing. I'd recommend the fly in the loaf nearby - got a good range of beer and always has crowds in for the football.

To refuel, the best takeaway kebab (according to the kebab awards) is on berry street at Botan.

Yes it is Maybes.

Clove hitch is very nice - to be honest it's a bit too nice for post football boozing. I'd recommend the fly in the loaf nearby - got a good range of beer and always has crowds in for the football.

To refuel, the best takeaway kebab (according to the kebab awards) is on berry street at Botan.

If they go post-match, won't the cellar bar be open? Can't remember it's name. Fly in the Loaf is decent as well. 

Archived