Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Coach break down

What's the feeling on the forum about the standard of Leicester City's coaching?.

We look inept on set-pieces.

We are overcrowded in defence.

We're indecisive in defence.

We often lack determination.

We often lack imagination going forward.

How much is down to the players, how much to the coaches and how much to the manager?

I might also ask how the forum would review player performances so far. Where do the

MAJOR weaknesses lie?

Are these players capable of achieving any success at Leicester? Is the manager inspiring enough?

I ask these questions because Leicester should by now be a competent unit with an established pattern of play which would only need to be tinkered with and improved bit by bit. Where is the firm foundation?

Instead we seem to have so many problems which are not diminishing. Left-back. Right wing. One main striker, centre-back plus the general problems I've already listed.

Unless these weaknesses are dealt with quickly and ruthlessly we will be in the relegation xone rather than the play-off places.

In my view Levein needs to make a list of "essential repairs" and effect them, starting today. What's your view?

I can't see how they have coached the players at set pieces except for asking them to do the same thing once more.

Any fool can see zonal marking isn't working, the space Fagan and the player who crossed it had yesterday was shocking.

Lets sack everyone and bring in a new man for six months. Then if we aren't top of the league after that time we sack him and bring in a new one for six months.

Then if we aren't top of the league after that time we sack him and bring in a new one for six months.

Then if we aren't top of the league after that time we sack him and bring in a new one for six months.

Then the club goes broke and closes down as we are in the dr martins league.

Lets sack everyone and bring in a new man for six months. Then if we aren't top of the league after that time we sack him and bring in a new one for six months.

Then the club goes broke and closes down as we are in the dr martins league.

good point well made

What's the feeling on the forum about the standard of Leicester City's coaching?.

We look inept on set-pieces.

We are overcrowded in defence.

We're indecisive in defence.

We often lack determination.

We often lack imagination going forward.

How much is down to the players, how much to the coaches and how much to the manager?

I might also ask how the forum would review player performances so far. Where do the

MAJOR weaknesses lie?

Are these players capable of achieving any success at Leicester? Is the manager inspiring enough?

I ask these questions because Leicester should by now be a competent unit with an established pattern of play which would only need to be tinkered with and improved bit by bit. Where is the firm foundation?

Instead we seem to have so many problems which are not diminishing. Left-back. Right wing. One main striker, centre-back plus the general problems I've already listed.

Unless these weaknesses are dealt with quickly and ruthlessly we will be in the relegation xone rather than the play-off places.

In my view Levein needs to make a list of "essential repairs" and effect them, starting today. What's your view?

I agree on so many points there.

But this is a young side still and not everyone in the team knows what championship football is yet.

This team has the makings but just need a bit more time to grow together. Even MON's team didn't hit prem first go.

But that's what the longer contracts were for.

Once this team properly gels and all the little mistakes because of inexpirence are sorted. We can seriously go top 2.

Defensively we are totally out of our tree.

11 players in our own box?

There should never be more than 8 including 2 on the back posts with the goalkeeper.

Levein as a defender should know that the best way to defend corner balls is stick to your man like he's your conjoined twin. Every other team seem to manage it except Leicester and yet a few years back we were king of the airs.

I put this to a lack of leadership at the back. There's no Walshy/Elliot figure making sure things are sorted and giving rollockings to those who aren't concentrating. Can't say it's just us who had that kind of person, where would Chelsea be without Terry?

Set pieces and creativity go hand in hand.

And there is none. training pitch work needs to done here, also studying tapes of set pieces throughout the O'Neill years.

Come on... from Cottee to Heskey to Izzet to Ian Marshall of all people used to eatup freekicks.

But the imagination isn't there from anyone yet, but hopefully when we have Hughes back there will be a bit more of that.

That applies to corners.

And get some people to teach these boys how to head a ball.

Heskey scored 2 with his head this weekend... I miss that.

If you're gonna be playing to feet, use De Vries, if it's hoofing all night, Dublin. Simple.

And finally... the thing we really REALLY lack on this pitch... is a leader.

I mean the only one to really go out there and hit top gear from the start is Richard Stearman and that's cause he's a hometown boy. He wants to play for Leicester.

A leader on the pitch can do wonders. He leads and organises the team for the manager because the manager can't do it from the sidelines.

Walsh and Elliot have claim to fame for that, diehards till the end.

And to more top class ones, Keane, Vieira, Terry, Gerrard.

And Tiatto on the pitch is about as organised as most Australians can get (ever seen aussie rules football?) ;-)

Someone to grab chances and take them. Elliot, from Oxford to Leicester, to Captain to League cup winning captain. Thats grabbing something by the balls!!

These next few weeks, hardwork on things like setpieces, headers, different techniques and more imagination should be key.

Aswell as finding a new leader.

Also helps with the transfer window closing, eases the mind.

Getting out the stalls at the whistle would be nice too.

20 minute of pure onslaught isn't good.

I agree on so many points there.

But this is a young side still and not everyone in the team knows what championship football is yet.

This team has the makings but just need a bit more time to grow together. Even MON's team didn't hit prem first go.

???

Correct me if I'm wrong, but MON got us into the Prem in his first season. He took over at around the same time as Levein did too. :mellow:

???

Correct me if I'm wrong, but MON got us into the Prem in his first season. He took over at around the same time as Levein did too. :mellow:

ARGH.... I should proof read on my rants

Meant twatty Little then Mcghee.

Thinking 10 years back hurts like hell.

Can't see CL replacing any of his Jocko mates with a new coach, but Kelly could go. CL didn't know him before taking him on as Assistant - and although he's obviously recommended McCarthy (OK), Hammond (alright) and Gilbert (poor) - as the only member of the coaching staff who's worked/knows the English game - his track record as a coach doesn't seem up to scratch. I'd bring in someone like Gary Mills (at Alfreton now ?!), but then CL also doesn't know him. Or how about Gary Mac - now there's a thought ?!

He's made major changes during the summer, 6 games in, and people are sharpening the knives.

I'm disappointed with some performances, I can't understand why he uses zonal marking, I think we're inept at set pieces whether defending or attacking, I think we miss a leader on the pitch, but I would hope that CL sees this and eventually does something about it.

We're not in the top 2, granted, but we're not far behind 6th. Bearing in mind fans were happy to see this season as time for rebuilding, why the sudden change?

Archived