Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tcrofts

Danny Simpson on Soccer Am this Saturday

Yes, except De Laet is also a far superior defender than Simpson. Utter gash. Beggars belief as to why we even signed QPRs second/third choice, never mind how he starts for us.

Must be more to it.

I disagree! RDL was getting seriously exposed in the first half of the season - all attacks used to come down his side because teams used to target him. Simpson less of a weak link imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's still a Leicester player lads.

My dislike list while in a Leicester shirt: Martyn Waghorn, Paul Gallagher, Paul Konchesky, Dean Hammond's back passes Last season, GTF, Marko Futacs.

Don't think Simpson will make the list unless he makes some catastrophic errors on the ball. I don't believe he's a major liability at RB, he's just not quick, doesn't exactly have a footballing brain, and makes Mahrez look like le cut inside man when Simpson tries to get forward. RDL's defensive abilities were frail at the start of the season, but he's still developing as a right back, and he offers us so much more going forward, and is quick / keeps the line. I think we would be a better team with RDL than Simpson, didn't want him dropped in the first place when people were calling for Simpson to come in. Our back 5 is incredibly slow.

My dislike list while in a Leicester shirt: Martyn Waghorn, Paul Gallagher, Paul Konchesky, Dean Hammond's back passes Last season, GTF, Marko Futacs.

Don't think Simpson will make the list unless he makes some catastrophic errors on the ball. I don't believe he's a major liability at RB, he's just not quick, doesn't exactly have a footballing brain, and makes Mahrez look like le cut inside man when Simpson tries to get forward. RDL's defensive abilities were frail at the start of the season, but he's still developing as a right back, and he offers us so much more going forward, and is quick / keeps the line. I think we would be a better team with RDL than Simpson, didn't want him dropped in the first place when people were calling for Simpson to come in. Our back 5 is incredibly slow.

Interesting list.

That's the problem.

And he's way more dislikeable than Waghorn, a decent bloke who worked his socks off for us. Shit or not he still did more when in a Leicester shirt than Simpson will ever do, as did Gallagher and as has Konchesky.

I've got no time for Simpson at all, I'm lighting a cigar when he leaves.

That's the problem.

And he's way more dislikeable than Waghorn, a decent bloke who worked his socks off for us. Shit or not he still did more when in a Leicester shirt than Simpson will ever do, as did Gallagher and as has Konchesky.

I've got no time for Simpson at all, I'm lighting a cigar when he leaves.

I agree, but Simpson's only had 20 odd games, as a right back, with very little possession or attacking play, a constant onslaught.

Though RDL will be a much more effective player in the Championship.

I along with others were calling for Simpson to be given a run at right back believing he was a better full back defensively. Also as De Laet was struggling at the time.

This proved to be the case as we stopped losing goals from the left wing. Though lately he's also started to make mistakes.

However the circumstances have changed now, we need to start winning games. This means taking some risks and chances.  De Laet provides Width and a better attacking threat going forward. Plus with playing three in the middle of defence De Laets short comings are less of a risk. He also has a goal in him when getting a chance.

I think for the rest of the season we've got to go with De Laet.

For those of you that didn't see it .... the "shoot onto one of the targets in the goal in the car park bit .... He not only missed the targets but missed the goal entirely from 12 yards ..... That was pretty embarrassing!

Archived