Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tom27111

From what I've been told...

IF Pearson does get sacked - which I think would be the wrong decision for the players and club moving forward.

There's no manager (available) i'd rather have than Mark Warburton - talk of replacing Pearson is cheap, and I don't like it, but I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss Warburton, or even OP's claims.

He's done a fantastic job at Brentford, and it really seems like the players listen and hang off of his every word / similar to Pearson.

The players he's brought in while manager, have improved the side, and some retrospective 'gambles' have paid off, similar to Pearson.

Conference striker Andre Grey signs to Brentford in the Championship, and he's had a good year, that spells potential found by his backing team. // a la Jamie Vardy.

He's signed youthful foreign players who have turned good - Jota, and plays attractive attacking football, with a very good defensive record, with defenders who have been there in their League One days.

Was part of Brentford's management / back team when this happened: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4SK8PP-UP8 Watford anyone?
And when he took over, took them straight up as champions, building on the previous attempt from Rossler. Those that argue he took over Rossler's sucsess, some of Pearson's integral players last year Kasper, Nugent, Konch, Schlupp's progression, were down to Sven (sure he got in a load of crap too..) We're a better side for it, so are Brenrford right now.

I think Warburton is from a similar mold to Pearson's management style, with a bigger focus on the progression of youth - something we can be proud of again due to our current youth squads. The stuff on Warburton's NextGen seems perfect for the development of youth players, and he has a real passion for progressing teams, and keeping a side focused, It take a lot for a team like Brentford to gt automatic promotion after missing out in a penalty miss/other team score event (just like us,) Warburton managed it fine and has been reaping the success at Brentford since, with a squad I think many would agree are out of their depth. 

He's not experienced enough as a manager, i'll agree - but if Pearson's gone, I personally wouldn't want anyone else other than Warburton, the man clearly loves football management and has been a success at everything he's done work wise, footballing innovation wise with NextGen, and managing Brentford -- if they get promoted this season, it will be an incredible achievement for him and his team, ESPECIALLY after basically being told their losing jobs at the end of the season.

Archived