Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tom27111

From what I've been told...

Different regime, but I think most would now see that, with hindsight, Micky Adams should not have been sacked all those years ago. Were we 2 points outside the playoffs quite earlyish into the season after being relegated? Look what happened then - 10 years of drivel and cycle after cycle of shite.

Let's stick with Pearson and stop all this moaning.

If we get relegated and Pearson stays, he will more than likely go back to the trustworthy 4-4-2, which in all fairness is likely to work.

However as I said a while back, if we are languishing in mid table by October, then he has to go for me.

Get fresh ideas and a talented up and coming manager, someone like Rowett if he starts well with Birmingham next season.

Also, Warburton is leaving Brentford because he's not prepared to work under a management structure that we have - i.e. a set footballing philosophy, ethos, DoF etc, where the manager is not solely in charge. 

Make of that what you will.

Nothing to do with having a DoF I don't think - more a completely different vision to the owner of how scouting players should be done. Their owner believes in a stats based approach, whereas Warburton favours scouts personally watching the players play.

He'd fit in well here I think, and should Nigel go then he'd be my first choice. Brentford play some cracking stuff from what I've seen - a 4-2-3-1 system with Alex Pritchard in the hole.

Pearson got us up with a record number of points and within FFP... he has done and continues to do a great job, as a club we are in a great position regardless of relegation. Long term thinking, not short term...

I hate this sentiment.

lol  I love when these threads turn up. Even if the intentions are genuine it's always really hard to believe. I remember when Pearson was supposed to be sacked soon after the Barnsley debacle and the owners had apparently already sounded out O'Neill for the job.  lol

Different regime, but I think most would now see that, with hindsight, Micky Adams should not have been sacked all those years ago. Were we 2 points outside the playoffs quite earlyish into the season after being relegated? Look what happened then - 10 years of drivel and cycle after cycle of shite.

Let's stick with Pearson and stop all this moaning.

Micky Adams wasnt sacked.

When he came back, the season finished badly. Think long term was the cry!

His second season after coming back started well then absolutely fell to shit. 'Dont sack him. Think long term!' Was the cry. 'He's building a team for the Prem now', 'It's a year too soon for promotion' was said.

Third season back, amazing. Romped the league. 'We're ready!' Was the cry. All those who wanted him gone were given what for and Nigels young fire pissers who a year previous were not ready, had now blossomed into the team to soldify us in the Prem after so long away.

Now we're shit again and going back to the Championship, we're again hearing about long term thinking.

How fvcking long do we wait this time? Another 2 seasons whilst he assembles another squad that will get promoted to ultimately just go down again?

I'm sorry but the Championship is a complete lottery. Last year was freakish and is unlikely to happen again.

We will lose Kramaric, Mahrez, Cambiasso. We'll likely lose James and Kasper. Knocky will leave and possibly Wood. Was, Konch and Upson vanish.

Relegation is an absolute disaster and resets Pearsons entire 2nd tenure.

Top post.

...You'd be very wise to take 16/1 on Mark Warburton being our next manager.

A very reliable source said this will happen, the reason Pearson hasn't gone just yet is financial.

Once we are mathematically relegated, the compensation pay off to him is greatly reduced, similar to Moyes not qualifying for Champions League.

As soon as we are down, Pearson goes and Warburton comes in, giving him a few games before the season ends.

The board are resigned to relegation and the whole Warburton situation at Brentford came about because we were sniffing around.

The owners want a manager who knows the Championship and can bring a fresh approach to the team.

Just passing on what I've been told.

why bother saying what you've been told its complete crap!

Wasn't he?! My memory has gone walkabout then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No he resigned. During the press conference where Micky gave his reasons for doing so, Tim Davis said that he'd begged Micky to stay but his mind was made up.

He basically had dealt with so much shit in his time as manager that he'd burnt out.

You just know if this happened pearson will take the first job available, take them up and then be a success in the prem next time while we go from manager to manager in search of promotion.

Like he did the first time we lined up another manager when he was here?

Oh no that's right. He finished 11th with Hull.

No he resigned. During the press conference where Micky gave his reasons for doing so, Tim Davis said that he'd begged Micky to stay but his mind was made up.

He basically had dealt with so much shit in his time as manager that he'd burnt out.

Fair. Makes sense I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...You'd be very wise to take 16/1 on Mark Warburton being our next manager.

A very reliable source said this will happen, the reason Pearson hasn't gone just yet is financial.

Once we are mathematically relegated, the compensation pay off to him is greatly reduced, similar to Moyes not qualifying for Champions League.

As soon as we are down, Pearson goes and Warburton comes in, giving him a few games before the season ends.

The board are resigned to relegation and the whole Warburton situation at Brentford came about because we were sniffing around.

The owners want a manager who knows the Championship and can bring a fresh approach to the team.

Just passing on what I've been told.

Warburton has done a great job at Brentford and being treated quite shabbily from the board there, but typically one good season at that level and suddenly he's being treated as if he's Jose Mourinho. For me at this level if you want to bounce straight back up to the premier league you need an experienced gaffer, like what West Ham did with Allardyce. If you gave me a choice of either sticking with Pearson for another season or go for Warburton, I'd probably say stick with Pearson.

Yep the fans just expect top half prem finishes all the time... even if we are playing lower league football for many seasons... We need to grow again and that won't happen if we keep sacking managers

Also, Warburton is leaving Brentford because he's not prepared to work under a management structure that we have - i.e. a set footballing philosophy, ethos, DoF etc, where the manager is not solely in charge. 

Make of that what you will.

Oh - What is our set footballing philosophy then?

Archived