Eddy Kellys Heroes Posted 16 March 2015 Posted 16 March 2015 Fatima Whitbread. Yeah I was thinking Fatima to
Donut Posted 16 March 2015 Posted 16 March 2015 I think the "good players dont make good managers" argument is a bit of a myth to be honest. Id be in the young progressive camp for the LONG term, but if an experienced manager could get something going short term right now it would help.
Dan Posted 16 March 2015 Posted 16 March 2015 Few other names... Paul Clement - About time he stepped into proper management Sascha Lewandowski - Helped Leverkusen on two occasions Gaizka Garitano - Doing well with Eibar in Spain Then there is legendary players like Edgar Davids & Clarence Seedorf I suggested him when Pearson got 'sacked' and he's lost every single game since Still achieved a bloody lot really. He's pretty much the equivalent of taking Chesterfield to the Premier League.
Clever Fox Posted 16 March 2015 Posted 16 March 2015 The owners do have a big decision to make, but the one person who can influence that decision greatly is NP himself. Yes he's made more mistakes than any of us imagined this season. If he can lead a respectable attempt at salvation in the 10 games thats left then yes he can only improve his chances of keep his job,m afraid most fans don't believe he can do it using the tactics he's adopted lately. I don't believe heed ever lead us back to league 1. Players will leave and new blood will arrive. His recruitment is going to have to be much better than demonstrated this year. We also need a clearout of the coaching staff as they clearly haven't performed this season either. Can anyone mention one player who is performing better than last year. With the exception of Schlupp I can't think of anyone. And even his progress has been small. I'm not generally in favour of total upheaval as that rarely works, but things have to change. A new Manager is always risky unless but here's something that always amazes me. The most important person in any club looking to be successful is the manager. Why do clubs penny pinching instead of coughing up for a top Manager like Mourinho or similar. With the owners reported desire to achieve premiership stability and success shouldn't that be the way to go.
Dan Posted 16 March 2015 Posted 16 March 2015 I'd be delighted if Pearson did turn it around but he's looked so far out of his depth at times this season it's unreal. You'd like to hope he would take us back up but I'm just not convinced of it anymore. I've also seen nothing since January (which is a chance to improve) to suggest he's learnt anything since November. What hope does that give us if he takes it back up? If they stick with him, they stick with him and I'll have to support him, but he's got a lot to do to convince me now that he is the man.
Donut Posted 16 March 2015 Posted 16 March 2015 I'd be delighted if Pearson did turn it around but he's looked so far out of his depth at times this season it's unreal. You'd like to hope he would take us back up but I'm just not convinced of it anymore. I've also seen nothing since January (which is a chance to improve) to suggest he's learnt anything since November. What hope does that give us if he takes it back up? If they stick with him, they stick with him and I'll have to support him, but he's got a lot to do to convince me now that he is the man. It just feels like a situation that is too far gone now to be retrieveable. Theres players who probably feel alienated and frustrated to be here, the style of play has taken a huge dip and im not sure there is a focus to what we are doing, recruitment wise the squad needs a significant amount of surgery and adjustment, and plus until this issue is resolved, or there is some sort of massive change in fortunes, the clubs fans will always be split now and pulling in different directions too. I just think its time for a clean slate now. I just dont see a retrieveable situation.
kingfox Posted 17 March 2015 Posted 17 March 2015 I'd be delighted if Pearson did turn it around. I'm not so sure on this myself anymore, do we want Mark_w coming on here bragging everyday? In my opinion it's a definite no.
Clever Fox Posted 17 March 2015 Posted 17 March 2015 I agree with the general sentiment that he messed up big time this season. but for me it's not the losing matches although winning is nice. It's the lack of quality signings and the inept tactics coupled with the strange lineups each week. When clearly there are better options. Then I ask myself is all of it NPs doing or was there dark forces operating behind the scenes like FFP etc. Believing we wouldn't struggle so much and would be stronger next season. What I'd really like is for NP to come out and explain his vision for the season, what went wrong and the strange tactics in the cup particularly and in recent games. Then I might be more willing to support him staying.
Donut Posted 17 March 2015 Posted 17 March 2015 I agree with the general sentiment that he messed up big time this season. but for me it's not the losing matches although winning is nice. It's the lack of quality signings and the inept tactics coupled with the strange lineups each week. When clearly there are better options. Then I ask myself is all of it NPs doing or was there dark forces operating behind the scenes like FFP etc. Believing we wouldn't struggle so much and would be stronger next season. What I'd really like is for NP to come out and explain his vision for the season, what went wrong and the strange tactics in the cup particularly and in recent games. Then I might be more willing to support him staying. I appreciate the sentiments, but thats simply not going to happen. And FFP is going to cut really deep next season.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.