Freeman's Wharfer Posted 16 March 2015 Posted 16 March 2015 Curbishley interim until the end of the season then see who's available then?
Corky Posted 16 March 2015 Posted 16 March 2015 Given our fans can't tolerate our manager calling a reporter a **** I doubt they are going to have much patience with a bloke who shits on the oppositions floor when things go badly. And actually blames the supporters.
Guest MattP Posted 16 March 2015 Posted 16 March 2015 He seems the obvious choice. Isn't he being sacked though for his own supposed lack of ambition and refusal for not wanting to add to what he has got? That's the same thing that is part of what's gone wrong here this season.
Gerard Posted 16 March 2015 Posted 16 March 2015 Mark Warburton. I'm not so sure he can be credited too much with Brentford's fortunes. They're a very progressive with mathematical models highlighting which players to look at. Much like our own Nigel Pearson can't be credited too much with Mahrez.
Brooksy Posted 16 March 2015 Posted 16 March 2015 Benitez wants to manage in England again doesn't he?
Lovejoy Posted 16 March 2015 Posted 16 March 2015 I'm not so sure he can be credited too much with Brentford's fortunes. They're a very progressive with mathematical models highlighting which players to look at. Much like our own Nigel Pearson can't be credited too much with Mahrez. Perhaps, at the end of the day us fans can but speculate. I like the bloke, comes across very well and still got them promoted and has guided them to the top 6 in the Championship, which regardless of how he's involved, deserves credit. Might seem to be lacking ambition but I'd take Gary Rowett too, seems a promising young manager as well as a former player.
teblin Posted 16 March 2015 Posted 16 March 2015 Lambert isn't that bad. Did a great job at Norwich. Had a rough time at villa. Could be the right fit for us.
RedSoxUK Posted 16 March 2015 Posted 16 March 2015 Why leave a team very likely to be promoted for one facing certain relegation? No experienced Prem manager worth having would come. Possibly MON excepted. Os it a coincidence that both owners and MON were at the match yesterday? But apart from with us 12 years ago MON has flopped with all other prem teams. Clearly nothing to do with Hull City having McShane, Meyler, and Quinn for O'Neil to look at for his next RoI selection.
josh_baskin Posted 16 March 2015 Posted 16 March 2015 Yeah but reallu lets face it the rot had set in at villa even before lambert had came in, he'd be my pick for sure. Lambert is without a doubt the man to take us back to the premiership next season and likely the best candidate on the job market.
Webbo Posted 16 March 2015 Posted 16 March 2015 Isn't he being sacked though for his own supposed lack of ambition and refusal for not wanting to add to what he has got? That's the same thing that is part of what's gone wrong here this season. Whoever gets the job, or even if Nige keeps his job, there are no guarantees. He seems to be doing a good job and has Leicester connections. The club have traditionally gone for young up and coming managers.
RedSoxUK Posted 16 March 2015 Posted 16 March 2015 The only manager available right now (or is being made available at the end of the season) i'd have at Leicester is Mark Warburton.
Hirsty The Blue 94 Posted 16 March 2015 Posted 16 March 2015 The only manager available right now (or is being made available at the end of the season) i'd have at Leicester is Mark Warburton. Can you tell me how his achievements are better than Pearson's?
Bayfox Posted 16 March 2015 Posted 16 March 2015 Wouldn't touch Lambert. So negative. Howe didn't settle at Burnley. Nothing to say he would here. Not seen much of boro but he certainly has contacts. Not sure about Kingsmill he could just have landed on his feet. Afterall uwe rosler was highly praised for what I'm he did there and he didn't cover himself in glory at Wigan. One I would be interested in would be Robinson at mk. Especially if he brings Ian wank wank wank. Wonder if Gary rowett would be in with a shout. Past that I'd be tempted to take a punt on someone like Danny Murphy. I would like us to give someone the chance to build the club again. But I know it's never gonna happen.
Jfox Posted 16 March 2015 Posted 16 March 2015 I can't understand why people seem to think rebuilding would be a good idea. Surely we should give it at least one season trying to get back up before we give up and start again? We still have the whole of the squad that got 102 in the championship last season, and I can only see 3-4 of the first teamers leaving at most.
Robin JD Popley Posted 16 March 2015 Posted 16 March 2015 Whats Slaven Bilic up to Good shout that! Only problem is he is managing Besiktas nowadays but a very good manager. Also saw someone mention Benitez; would take him again but doubt he'd come if we are a Championship team. I won't lie, I did want Lambert in 2008 when I first heard his name touted - purely on the basis he was a prodigy of MON and I think he emulated that same style at Norwich. As per my earlier post today, may be the wrong time now as he was getting tired toward the end of his tenure at Villa but nevertheless, he will come back stronger I am sure and maybe a club like us will be the perfect fit for us and him. Don't think it will be too long before Nigel gets his marching orders now. Sure of that.
Bayfox Posted 16 March 2015 Posted 16 March 2015 I can't understand why people seem to think rebuilding would be a good idea. Surely we should give it at least one season trying to get back up before we give up and start again? We still have the whole of the squad that got 102 in the championship last season, and I can only see 3-4 of the first teamers leaving at most. I partly agree. As we have not made a change yet. Then as it's too late I would give np until November to have us challenging. But after Saturday I now have my doubts. Plus even if he got us back up, I wouldn't actually give him a second cracking at the big time.
RedSoxUK Posted 16 March 2015 Posted 16 March 2015 Can you tell me how his achievements are better than Pearson's? No I can't. I want Pearson to stay as manager, i'm 100% in the Pearson In club. But if he was to go, Warburton would be the manager i'd want.
Jfox Posted 16 March 2015 Posted 16 March 2015 I partly agree. As we have not made a change yet. Then as it's too late I would give np until November to have us challenging. But after Saturday I now have my doubts. Plus even if he got us back up, I wouldn't actually give him a second cracking at the big time. I can't decide myself whether to give Pearson another chance to get us back up or not, but even if we were to sack him it has to be a proven manager for me. Then if that doesn't work try someone new and up and coming.
Bayfox Posted 16 March 2015 Posted 16 March 2015 And there lies the dilemma for the board..... If, (and it's a BIG if), the club stuck with Pearson, and IF he were to get us straight back, then there's not too many who would trust him with another go at the PL. So what would the board do then?? Do they finally say "thanks for everything" and bring someone fresh in, or 'stick' and risk another poor campaign in the top flight. My big concern with leaving things as they are is that, even if a miracle came about and we stay up this term, I honestly don't believe that NP would be flexible enough to change his approach. The owners aim is to establish the club in the upper reaches of the PL by the end of the decade....Realistically that's now going to be achieved at best by starting as a newly promoted outfit in 2016.... The structures there, good,wealthy owners, top training facilities, decent stadium, large and loyal fanbase and a well run academy. What we'd need to add would be a good 'crew' on the pitch and an excellent manager to run things. We could add quality to the team, but it's finding the right manager that's going to be the real problem!! I get your point. However I accept we are going down.In fact I'm more tempted to keep him if we go down. If we stay up I'd actually back the owners if they sacked him then. Wierd logic I know.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.