Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

Fans' Consultative Committee Meeting - 1 April

Was there any mention of the away tickets.

1. Are points just rolling on or are they taking 2 seasons again.

2. It seems I have to request to stay on the away ticket scheme and they are accepting new requests as well.

1. Points required will be decided when they know what league we're in, I believe.

2. I understand that everyone has to reapply. Those that were on the scheme get priority over new applicants (and will pretty much automatically be accepted) but again they will decide when they know what league we are in as that impacts upon away allocations etc.

Good read and some excellent points raised.

Hope this isn't an unfair assessment but I get the impression there are some people who are only on it to try and be "ITK" (i.e. those pushing Whelan on the Radio Leicester spat. Who cares? It's nothing we can do anything about as fans).

Good read and some excellent points raised.

Hope this isn't an unfair assessment but I get the impression there are some people who are only on it to try and be "ITK" (i.e. those pushing Whelan on the Radio Leicester spat. Who cares? It's nothing we can do anything about as fans).

The Trust has had previous direct dialogue with both Susan Whelan and Radio Leicester Editor Jane Hill about resolving the issues, but both sides seem more intent on backing their respective employees than serving their "customers". We have stated to both parties as "customers" of both of them we find the stalemate unacceptable.

We hope Union FS have not harmed any relationship by publishing these notes, our agreement with the club is only to publish the official minutes, albeit the club have often been incredibly slow to circulate them.

The Trust has had previous direct dialogue with both Susan Whelan and Radio Leicester Editor Jane Hill about resolving the issues, but both sides seem more intent on backing their respective employees than serving their "customers". We have stated to both parties as "customers" of both of them we find the stalemate unacceptable.

We hope Union FS have not harmed any relationship by publishing these notes, our agreement with the club is only to publish the official minutes, albeit the club have often been incredibly slow to circulate them.

Thanks FT. Was good to see you at the meeting.

As yet, we have no such agreement with the Club and received no negative feedback from LCFC following the last set of minutes that we published in advance of theirs following the meeting in November 2014. We would not expect the Club to have an issue as we have simply put together some notes so that fans can be made aware of the issues as soon as possible. That said, we would be more than pleased to discuss with the Club if they do disagree.

Add to the point why people are not using foxes travel, the fact is they leave later, stop for to long at the services, and get to the ground to late, to get a drink or sight seeing.

I last used foxes travel at palace away, got us there at gone 2.30, I swore never to use them again, use Ausden Clarke now, same price, and no messing around, leave early and don't stop till at the ground, with plenty of time to have a drink and something to eat.

Agree with the above poster. Fox travel. Leaves at silly times. Stops for to long. And doesn't allow for time to have a drink.

If they want more people to use it they need to allow to arrive at most places by 1pm at the latest for a 3pm ko.

I myself haven't used them since the Cardiff play off game and that was only because we couldn't get a train home after the game.

If they want more people to use it and therefore make more profit they need to cater to a wider market.

I would hazard a guess most people using the train on sat for example will be in Birmingham before fox travel leaves Leicester.

You guys obviously haven't used FT much then this season?

I wasn't on for Palace but that was a severe anomaly as the traffic, I'm told, was terrible. Similarly, the coaches didn't arrive at Man City (One coach was leaving Manchester at one stage and was late to the ground) at about 6:30pm because the traffic was bad.

However, from memory, for Spurs it arrived at just gone 1pm, Arsenal it arrived at 5:30pm, for Villa it arrived, both times, with over an hour and a half until kick off. They arrived at Everton just after midday and generally arrive in plentiful time.

Yes, they do stop for a long time, 45 minutes is standard though can be exceeded with stragglers, but they know when not to stop (didn't stop for either Arsenal or Man City) but their leaving time is fine and the majority of the time they're there around 90-120 minutes before kick off. I know it fashionable to slate the service and the people that travel on them (some of them are insufferable and totally justified) but I honestly don't see the issue with them.

They have no intention of making a profit, they haven't this season and they're trying to get the service for cost price next season. And yes, I suspect people taking the train will be there before FT leaves on Saturday. WBA is the type of game I'd usually do on the train but I really can't be bothered with getting to and from the train stations, and have things to do before and after the game, so the coach is the simplest way.

The reasons are totally legitimate for not using the service, people like to get there early, have a session drinking with a group of people and able to go wherever you like after the game. FT doesn't, and has never tried to offer that service. It gets you to and from a game. That's it.

Must be a Woods driver above ^^^^.

By the way it wasn't just Palace that they arrived late, one didn't even make it to the ground.

Southampton, the coach I was on stopped twice on the way there as two other drivers had problems or just didn't know how to operate their coach, then on the way back we had to turn around and go back as coach 3 wipers weren't working, so an hour round trip on way home to help another driver who was incapable.

Newcastle, we arrived thirty minutes after the original kick off, if it wasn't delayed due to that screen, we'd have missed the first half easily. Reason was all the other coaches went one way to the ground, our driver decided not to follow but go a different route, lots of standstill traffic.

It's been cheap this season but you really are taking it in your hands by travelling with them.

At last seasons prices I wouldn't bother but at a tenner you have to put up with it, I'd sooner not stop enroute though.

You guys obviously haven't used FT much then this season?

I wasn't on for Palace but that was a severe anomaly as the traffic, I'm told, was terrible. Similarly, the coaches didn't arrive at Man City (One coach was leaving Manchester at one stage and was late to the ground) at about 6:30pm because the traffic was bad.

However, from memory, for Spurs it arrived at just gone 1pm, Arsenal it arrived at 5:30pm, for Villa it arrived, both times, with over an hour and a half until kick off. They arrived at Everton just after midday and generally arrive in plentiful time.

Yes, they do stop for a long time, 45 minutes is standard though can be exceeded with stragglers, but they know when not to stop (didn't stop for either Arsenal or Man City) but their leaving time is fine and the majority of the time they're there around 90-120 minutes before kick off. I know it fashionable to slate the service and the people that travel on them (some of them are insufferable and totally justified) but I honestly don't see the issue with them.

They have no intention of making a profit, they haven't this season and they're trying to get the service for cost price next season. And yes, I suspect people taking the train will be there before FT leaves on Saturday. WBA is the type of game I'd usually do on the train but I really can't be bothered with getting to and from the train stations, and have things to do before and after the game, so the coach is the simplest way.

The reasons are totally legitimate for not using the service, people like to get there early, have a session drinking with a group of people and able to go wherever you like after the game. FT doesn't, and has never tried to offer that service. It gets you to and from a game. That's it.

As I stated I haven't used it in about 5 years.

But never heard anyone with anything good to say.and have never seen or experienced them arriving 2 hours before a ko. Other than maybe villa in the cup semi years back.

I know you make a choice. Bham could be interesting sat. With them playing wolves and to some people that may not be appealing.

But saying traffic is bad going palace. Of course if is. It's one of the worst grounds in the country to get to by road.

Also heard the shit stories about wipers etc. Hear it happened at Yeovil last season as well.

Maintenance!!!

Archived