Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

Fans' Consultative Committee Meeting - 1 April

im sorry voll but getting a priority point for attending youth games Is only going to benefit local city fans and not season ticket holders like me who would have to make a 250 mile round

trip,

Well not really - you still have the option to go. It would work the same way as every other game - if you make the effort, you get the point; irrespective of geography. Fans like you don't get double points for league games because you've travelled further.

Well not really - you still have the option to go. It would work the same way as every other game - if you make the effort, you get the point; irrespective of geography. Fans like you don't get double points for league games because you've travelled further.

Come on be reasonable. You expect someone to travel 3 hours to watch a u21 game. Come on.

Would such a system not also require an increase in the price of youth team games? If you could acquire a point for a mere £1 - £5 for a home game rather than £25+ (excluding travel) then the system would become an absolute farce.

Also the points system is in place beacuse of the restriction on the availability of away tickets, there are 30,000 spare youth team tickets, it makes no logical sense to include points for attending a youth game.

And there's me thinking the lads might benefit from having a few more through the door, with a little bit of incentive for more to turn up. Ah well, just an idea.

There are many ways supporters could be enticed to attend youth games (see Monday Night Football when it was a £1 in the Carling stand), using away points is not one of them.

Come on be reasonable. You expect someone to travel 3 hours to watch a u21 game. Come on.

I don't expect anybody to but it's their choice.

I take FM's point about cost but if you limited it to Youth Cup games there's a maximum of 6/7 points for people to gain. Hardly a dealbreaker. Those fans that are likely to go will most likely be high up the priority list anyway.

I love how selfish everyone's first thought is when VB was trying to increase attendances which may actually positively impact a young player's career. Amazing.

I don't expect anybody to but it's their choice.

I take FM's point about cost but if you limited it to Youth Cup games there's a maximum of 6/7 points for people to gain. Hardly a dealbreaker. Those fans that are likely to go will most likely be high up the priority list anyway.

I love how selfish everyone's first thought is when VB was trying to increase attendances which may actually positively impact a young player's career. Amazing.

I wasn't being selfish. I live 25 mins from the ground.

But as mentioned above. We used to stick 5000 bums on seats for fnf as it was a way to see live football in a safe environment.

We now have round the clock football on telly and $ky and safe stadiums have negated the need to go watch reserve or u21 games.

I am on p1 and the away ticket scheme but if you want to offer me more points for heading to 7 youth games over 50 quid for just the ticket at Chelsea away fine.

But it's just likely to worsen the system.

For me it has to be:

No more Hey Jude. Can't see the point. We're not from Liverpool and the Beatles aren't from Leicester. Change it to "When you're smiling" or nothing.

No more goal music. PLEASE.

No music playing in the stadium at least 5 minutes before KO. Let the atmosphere build and let us sing.

open the gates below SK1. It takes FOREVER to get out after the game. I end up climbing over the stairs. It takes 15 minutes to get down the stairs otherwise after the game.

For me it has to be:

No more Hey Jude. Can't see the point. We're not from Liverpool and the Beatles aren't from Leicester. Change it to "When you're smiling" or nothing.

No more goal music. PLEASE.

No music playing in the stadium at least 5 minutes before KO. Let the atmosphere build and let us sing.

open the gates below SK1. It takes FOREVER to get out after the game. I end up climbing over the stairs. It takes 15 minutes to get down the stairs otherwise after the game.

We've always needed our own song. "Hey Jude" is too wide, I mean clubs like Manchester City use it too and certain away fans always outsing us anyway during its playback. "Heroes in blue and white" used to get played but no more. We need a Leicester City song to get us all going.

Sounds weird but I like going to certain away games/grounds when the opposition have their own song.  

We've always needed our own song. "Hey Jude" is too wide, I mean clubs like Manchester City use it too and certain away fans always outsing us anyway during its playback. "Heroes in blue and white" used to get played but no more. We need a Leicester City song to get us all going.

Sounds weird but I like going to certain away games/grounds when the opposition have their own song.  

-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZNJQ0NJzXY

So the kids don't listen to too much swearing?

So they can reduce the price and grab kids from an early age?

What reason is there for an area for young adults?

Because it's a fact that the most boisterous fans are between the ages of 16-30 (maybe 40) having a section in the stadium that these types of fans can be together will mean the atmosphere in the stadium will be better. 

In other countries around the world there is a natural migration of fans to certain areas of stadiums because of what that section offers. Because our stadiums have become so santitised and every view is the same you get all types of demographics sitting and standing next to each other which dilutes the atmosphere. 

Because it's a fact that the most boisterous fans are between the ages of 16-30 (maybe 40) having a section in the stadium that these types of fans can be together will mean the atmosphere in the stadium will be better. 

In other countries around the world there is a natural migration of fans to certain areas of stadiums because of what that section offers. Because our stadiums have become so santitised and every view is the same you get all types of demographics sitting and standing next to each other which dilutes the atmosphere. 

There was no age restriction on the old kop, there was no restriction in crazy corner when the kop became an all seater.

You surely want as many fans as possible in the area, may look a bit sad if you had a couple of hunfdred of you in an area that holds say 1000.

It's a complete non starter when games are sell outs.

There was no age restriction on the old kop, there was no restriction in crazy corner when the kop became an all seater.

You surely want as many fans as possible in the area, may look a bit sad if you had a couple of hunfdred of you in an area that holds say 1000.

Who said anything about restrictions?

And your example of crazy corner is exactly my point. Families would not have gone into that section. I would hazard a guess that the majority age bracket in that corner was 16-30.

So the kids don't listen to too much swearing?

So they can reduce the price and grab kids from an early age?

What reason is there for an area for young adults?

To retain the support of the kids who have grown into young adults and want something different from their matchday?

Yes there was. You had to pay adult prices for sk1 when it went all seater.

Who said anything about restrictions?

And your example of crazy corner is exactly my point. Families would not have gone into that section. I would hazard a guess that the majority age bracket in that corner was 16-30.

I must be misreading 'dedicated area' then.

What do you mean by dedicated if it doesn't have restrictions?

Yes there was. You had to pay adult prices for sk1 when it went all seater.

Didn't you always pay adult prices in The Kop?

The restriction was effectively 16 and above, it didn't have a top range.

Archived