Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BMR

Promotion on a shoestring in fm2005

cheers!, I'm off to bring them in right now  :D

33940[/snapback]

Don't get junior :( He's a troublemaker, just gone AWOL, so i terminated his contract by mutual consent :angry:

33942[/snapback]

Ha ha!!! Ain't had no such problems with my players yet - although everything is rosy cos I'm top! :D

33940[/snapback]

Don't get junior :( He's a troublemaker, just gone AWOL, so i terminated his contract by mutual consent :angry:

33942[/snapback]

Ha ha!!! Ain't had no such problems with my players yet - although everything is rosy cos I'm top! :D

33985[/snapback]

Just signed David Healy, Colin Healy, Boudewin Zenden, Hayden Foxe and Djimi Traore just to name a few on bosmans :thumbup:

33940[/snapback]

33942[/snapback]

33985[/snapback]

Just signed David Healy, Colin Healy, Boudewin Zenden, Hayden Foxe and Djimi Traore just to name a few on bosmans :thumbup:

33990[/snapback]

Impressive stuff - you must be coming into your 2nd season then? Although Djimi Traore is nothing special!

I signed Petit, Frank deboer, Milain Rapaic, Jorge Campos

Released: Dublin, Gemmil, Elliot, Pearmain, Pressman, Wilcox, Benjamin, Morris. And some others i forgot, youth team players.

I had to pay a lot to mutual consent their contracts or release them to other teams. I fined them 2 weeks wages for a poor performace. There were lots of those. Missing training, Benji did this alot.

This mean my wage bill was now healthy and Stearman and Petrescu could shine. My team:

gk: Walker

dr:Makin

dc:dabizaz

dc:heath

dl:Tiatto

Ml: Stewart

Mc:Williams

Mc: Joey/ Petit

Mr: Canero

fc: Frank de boer

Fc: Scowy

bench:

Petrescu, Keown, Gillespie, petit/joey, wright.

Play him as a Target man, all crosses etc aimed at him. His passing and control is good, he can also finsish well, set up goals for scowy. Scores goals for fun in this league. But he is so annoying one gam ehe scores 4, the other he gets a rating of 4. :rolleyes:

MYSIDE.jpg

I think you'll all agree that my side posesses bags of quality, with age on their side. Foxe would usually play instead of Dabizas, but he's currently injured :unsure:

2nd season, didn't do very well in my first as i messed around with tactics, got to know the game etc etc. But we've just beat forest 2-0 and Sheff Weds 3-0, after drawing with Preston Away 2-2 and losing to Crewe away first game 0-2 (They had 9 shots, i had 17, jammy buggers).

So im pleased with what i have now, and im confident i can get us promoted by spending just £135k :thumbup:

No Petrescu or Stearman??

Looks abit bare in the centre of midfield.

34075[/snapback]

Stearman isn't ready yet, i want to get out of this division, and Stearman wasn't up to scratch last season. So i've put him in the reserves to get a few games under his belt.

As for Petrescu, i don't need him. I have Healy, Connolly and Scowcroft all capable of playing upfront. And i prefer playing just one up anyway. Despite these new tactics ive just discovered.

As for the midfield, playing champagne football and winning matches. I don't mind if it looks bare, Healy acts as a defender when defending, and a central midfielder when. Same with Scowy, i need him up there for the flick on's. If i want to change the strikeforce its simple, just replace scowy with an attacking Mid, and place him upfront. :)

I'm currently 8th after 13 games, finding this version alot harder which is making it more of a challenge and more enjoyable.

The players are starting to get upset that we aren't higher in the league and we just lost 3-0 to Derby :(

Oh well, might try get a left winger in on loan to replace Jordan 'I'll just miss training because I can't be arsed' Stewart.

I'm currently 8th after 13 games, finding this version alot harder which is making it more of a challenge and more enjoyable.

The players are starting to get upset that we aren't higher in the league and we just lost 3-0 to Derby :(

Oh well, might try get a left winger in on loan to replace Jordan 'I'll just miss training because I can't be arsed' Stewart.

34132[/snapback]

RICEY OUT!! RICEY OUT!! :w00t:

Not doing very well Ricey!!

Williams is very inconsistent on mine - I play him attackin midfield behind the strikers with a forward run. He has scored a couple of goals this season in the first 5 games but his finishing is abysmal. He should have scored a lot more if his shooting was better and his rating was even as low as 3 in one of my games.

Archived