Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TiffToff88

Self Employed - Public Liability Insurance

I recently went self employed but cant seem to get any insurance. Admittedly i've only been on Compare the Market so far, but after filling in the forms and requesting a quote, i got a message saying "We are unable to find any Insurance Quotes based on the information you have provided.

Has anyone else had this sort of trouble getting insurance?

1 hour ago, TiffToff88 said:

I recently went self employed but cant seem to get any insurance. Admittedly i've only been on Compare the Market so far, but after filling in the forms and requesting a quote, i got a message saying "We are unable to find any Insurance Quotes based on the information you have provided.

Has anyone else had this sort of trouble getting insurance?

I've always used Caunce O'Hara for mine and find them good value, straightforward and easy to deal with.

But Realist Guy In The Room sounds like the expert so maybe best listening to him not me!!

100% agree talk to a broker and don't use a comparison site. Broker will make sure you have all the coverage you need and can advise you also with regards to compliance with and policy conditions and of course assist if you need to make a claim or a complaint etc. 

3 hours ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

If anyone is having insurance problems of any kind, DM me.

I've been an Insurance Broker for 20 years and can find solutions for most things.

Even pet insurance? I have a dog with a pre existing condition that costs me an absolute fortune.

Colmore Insurance Brokers.

That's one other bit of advice if you have a business and use a broker.  Always use an independent.  I worked for 2 national brokers and they have agendas that are very much for their own interests and not the clients.  Independants work the other way around and always look to the best need of the client.

Archived