-
Posts
6,310 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by splinterdream
-
Did bangkok, to ho chi minh, then to bangkok, then night train to chang mai, then to koh sumai, then to bangkok again. Wish i'd been able to spend more time in Vietnam, and really want to visit Cambodia
-
Having a reasonable chat in there few minutes ago about yesterday's marches, instantly all posts get pulled and I get banned from commenting. Mods, if you have restrictions on what can be said, please set those rules out, if just general chat coming from a non left wing opinion is too much, then just pull the tread please, because its getting very annoying and makes me want to be on here less and less
-
Up town today, first time for ages, bloody horrible, loads of beggars, wife said it feels unsafe, glad to come home
-
Freddie Mercury guy will win it
-
I went schools in Melton in the 80's, hence my hatred of Forest more than any other. We were bottom of the lot back then, as we are now, but at least we can say we've been winners now
-
I went to Stamford to serve an apprenticeship with BG at 18. I'll never forget going in the chippy for lunch with the engineer and good friend of mine and asking for a chip cob 2 or 3 times, bloke serving had no idea, Al says to me you have to buy a bag of chips and a roll seperate. I was devastated 🤣 wot, no chip cobs?
-
Having lived in Stamford for 10 years, it deffo isn't Leicester, they don't even know what a chip cob is in the chippies there
-
You are criticising people's views, I compared hodgson to warnock because of their age as thats where i thought your criticism was aimed, i wasn't comparing them like 4 like as they've managed in different leagues. We are in League 1, and Warnock is a football league specialist so knows these lower leagues, with a win rate of approx 40% over a very long career. I was partly mistaken on that fixture, maresca did get the win, but only just, if i remember it was a struggle and lets remember he was managing Huddersfield.
-
The bloke out manoeuvred maresca, he knows how to manage. He would be happy with a 1 year contract, he knows how to manage young and experienced players and he'd motivate. People laughed when Hodgson went back to palace and he did a cracking job
-
Did anyone see any of the League 1 play-offs at the weekend? From what i saw the standard is terrible, it seems to me to get out of that league, its less about needing a master tactician, but more a motivator. I think clubs should be looking towards that. Warnock would be brilliant if hes interested, wont command a long contract and can motivate and navigate this type of football
-
Nelson has 1 year left, he's played in a poor defensive line. I'm listening to pubcast and they reckon we wont sell him, it would be crazy not to sell him if he wont sign a new contract. I reckon it will hurt when we see the fee
-
You'd surely want £5-£7.5m
-
I wonder if they'll discuss how they have got managerial appointments wrong, and why they made the mistakes, so as to avoid making those errors again, or will they just flip a coin again?
-
Completed, shared where I can
-
Ric Flair Live & Direct on BSLB Podcast
splinterdream replied to Ric Flair's topic in Leicester City Forum
Does Aiyawatt understand the meaning of loss, risk and consequence? To understand the way Aiyawtt runs things, I think you have to understand his psychy, what is it like to be a billionaires son, how does that affect your judgement? -
-
Perhaps to let other clubs know we haven't got much to spend, because maybe, and hopefully, we have more
-
First humongous error was not signing a striker
-
Enough Leicester for a while
-
On the Souttar issue, I couldn't understand why we didnt utilise him into the squad last season. You'd have thought as bare bones as we were trying to survive in the PL, set pieces and defending set pieces was key, and it seems theres no better than Sottar at that. Instead we signed Okoli
-
4 matches prior he was asking to join the squad and has been on the bench
-
Souttar not playing till we were virtually relegates can never be forgiven. Just brain dead management
-
Blackburn training exercise
-
You are right on all points. He's not been the most professional, but he wasnt always like that
