-
Posts
21,961 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
4
Everything posted by Sly
-
Manchester City Found Guilty Of Almost All Charges
Sly replied to urban.spaceman's topic in Leicester City Forum
This will go the way of the Chelsea Abramovich saga I’d imagine and they’ll be forced to sell the club, as they’ll not be deemed fit for purpose. Also, I’m just waiting for someone to look at us and try and understand if BC Game is also “tagged money”, put in by King Power through the back door, as that is basically what Manchester City are being accused of. It still doesn’t alter my opinion though that they did this to compete with the likes of Liverpool, Manchester United and Arsenal, who themselves are allowed to spend money willy nilly, as historically they spent more to grow larger. On the face of it though, I’d suggest they’ve maybe broke UK law in being rather dodgy! So this will go criminal. Appealing to go to the High Court might make this worse for them! -
Gone but not forgotten and certainly not the death list
Sly replied to Daggers's topic in General Chat
Neither can I! -
Did anyone see the size of those sharks in Perth, roaming near the beach? I’m surprised anyone gets in the water!
-
Manchester City Found Guilty Of Almost All Charges
Sly replied to urban.spaceman's topic in Leicester City Forum
I fully agree with @Finnegan The rules are broken. Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham etc, piping up because Manchester spent money like they did (on the face of it) is farcical. It is a bit like Newcastle have been hamstrung by the stupid rules. Everyone is trying to compete. This is the tip of the iceberg, so expect more of this to unravel. Also, if we go after people, so, so many come after us. When and where does this end? Football should be decided by 11 v 11 on the pitch. A £100m price tag, doesn’t make you a better player. It’s all perceived propaganda and media hype by the likes of Sky. Either let people spend whatever they want, or put a full auditable salary cap in place if I’m honest. THE GAME IS WELL AND TRULY GONE AS WE KNOWNIT. The rules are stupid. The game is rigged. The sport has gone soft. VAR is a joke. Referring is so inconsistent. Ticket prices are unsustainable. You’ve got football tourists replacing fans. The massive financial disparity between leagues is phenomenal. A single player earning more in a year, than my local village does most likely combined. No respect for referees. Diving, play acting and just overall soft fouls and cheating. Acting like any form of contact is a foul then twats waving imaginary cards around! Fixtures being chopped, changes and re-arranged. Needing about 5 or 6 legitimate streaming facilities, costing ££££s each month, to watch a game they get in Thailand for about £3 per month. Goalkeepers wasting time pretending to be injured. Players taking an age to the pitch, after rolling out a 3/10 performance. Possession for possession sake football. No one has any idea what the handball rule is anymore. However, let us penalise Manchester City first basically trying to compete with the other corrupt clubs! -
Monga, Motsi etc This is when the EFL impose a number of loans from a certain club rule etc
-
Manchester City Found Guilty Of Almost All Charges
Sly replied to urban.spaceman's topic in Leicester City Forum
I still think the “we tried to comply”, was a convenient excuse for, we aren’t throwing any more money into this money pit. We’ve been losing a fortune for a long time. I’m not convinced that if you scratch the surfaces of not just us, but all the other Premier League clubs with dodgy betting sites, random player exchanges etc, are whiter than white on this. -
I was wondering why the arrest photo showed them topless I am guessing they were undertaking some countryside theft and are currently like WTF!
-
To be honest, I can see this being settled another way. A hypothetical scenario. Turki Alalsheik purchases us. He is mates with Sheik Mansoon of Manchester City. Charges simply disappear ……. We don’t even persue them. Alternatively the Abu Dubai Investment group buys us outright. We become a feeder team / development club for Manchester City and just stay in the Championship or League 1, ghosting along. Less EFL ownership rules if we never compete against each other. Without investment, we become a great place to train and blood younger players. Not as far-fetched as it sounds, it would open a massive can of worms on multi club ownership. However it is doable, as long as the club is operating independently and trading between each other is at perceived market value etc.
-
Manchester City Found Guilty Of Almost All Charges
Sly replied to urban.spaceman's topic in Leicester City Forum
It would be a bit rich coming from us, to try and sue Manchester City for financial irregularities. We would be chasing consequential losses and any liability will largely be capped. We tried to break the glass ceiling and failed. I think PSR became a convenient excuse for us trying to comply with the rules and the reality is, we signed a load of crap for lots of money on high wages. Then we couldn’t sign anymore, as King Power were struggling financially. We were always going to fall at some point as we gambled and lost. Getting Champions League really helped us become sustainable the first time …….. say hello to Musa, Hernandez, Zieler, Mendy, Kaputska, Slimani and Bolkiah. -
Nothing more will be heard on this for a while I would imagine. If anything, we have been available for some time and this was an attempt at free advertising to generate more interest in us. Our best and maybe only hope at this point is someone buys us when we finally enter administration.
-
That league is brimming with talent I’ve never heard of! Malcolm and Talisca must have fallen right off as well!
-
Dilemma - Or the Lesser of Two Evils - Leicester or England?
Sly replied to davieG's topic in Leicester City Forum
I only watch England at major tournaments. I find these nation league games glorified friendlies and semi pointless. I watch Leicester whenever I can. Jersey Mike trophy for me. -
The Manchester City debacle could rumble on for years. If we are waiting on the outcome of that pending any sale of the club, we might as well turn the lights off ourselves now.
-
Manchester City Found Guilty Of Almost All Charges
Sly replied to urban.spaceman's topic in Leicester City Forum
We’ll have gone pop before the appeal gets heard, so I wouldn’t get too excited. -
Turki Shake is a tyre kicker. He’s sniffed around Derby, Bristol and now us. I am not convinced we’d be any better off under him than King Power. Throwing money at stuff doesn’t circumvent the issue that our hands are tied.
-
So just to highlight where we are then. 🔵 King Power value is £222m. 🔵 That valuation is for Men’s team. Women’s team, OHL, Both Stadiums, Seagrave, OHL training ground and Belvoir Road. 🔵 Sales process is ongoing 🔵 14th September deadline has passed. 🔵 Lal consortium has tried to circumvent Citibank and deal directly with King Power. 🔵 Two or three interested parties reported. 🔵 Turki Alalshikh sounded out / rumoured, however no confirmed interest. 🔵 No preferred bidder announced. 🔵 £8.5m worth of debt converted to equity. 🔵 No further update from King Power / Citibank and it has all gone a bit quiet.
-
Hutchinson reminds me of Ronney with that tenacious, aggressive play though.
-
Fulham have put in more effort in this half, however we have been sloppy, lazy passing and quite poor.
-
He still isn’t very good. Or should I say, good enough to play League 1 football.
-
I know he’s scored 3 goals, however I am in no way convinced he’s going to be prolific in League 1. We had more difficult pre season friendlies than this.
-
Lovely cross from Doyle that
-
Our defence is so shite
-
5-1
-
5! Watson
-
5! Watson
