Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Tielemans63

Member
  • Posts

    21,014
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    33

Everything posted by Tielemans63

  1. The one slight glimmer after relegation was that we might finally be rid of some of the shite and we might see our academy talents given a chance. Instead Monga and potentially Page could be gone before we've been able to see what they can really do, and Nelson would be gone if wasn't for his injury. While the likes of Mavididi, BDR, Skipp and Wout are still here, stinking the place out. Depressing.
  2. Massive cracks have appeared on the wall in our porch and in the conservatory. They look horrendous. Same at my parents where two huge cracks have appeared on the wall in their lounge. Not good. Can only be down to the crazy dry weather
  3. Interesting. To be fair, it would be a quick win for him with the fans if he is the manager to finally bin off Luke Thomas. Let's hope McFarlane is half decent.
  4. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I might be inclined to start Hamza (feel dirty saying this) as, aside from Okoli and Souttar, we have precious little physicality in the rest of the side. I thought we looked technically decent but so physically weak yesterday. I think better sides than Northampton (which isn't difficult, because they were diabolical) will bully us. Hamza might be shite technically but he can put himself about and we might need him to, to protect the better footballers in the team and allow them to play a bit. I think a lot of League One sides will have looked at that game yesterday and seen a pretty obvious blueprint for beating us: let us have the ball and allow us to fanny about with it - keep your shape because, for all that possession, we never seen to actually be able to pull teams out of shape, which is the whole bloody point of Pep Ball. Ironically, it was a poorly defended set piece that produced our winner yesterday; we rarely put their defence under pressure in open play - opposing managers will have noted that. From what I've seen preseason and yesterday I can see it being a similar pattern to last season; opposing sides will get their back 4 to sit in a low block as we don't have too much threat in the final third, especially centrally. On that basis, I'm concerned as we no longer have Abdul to create those occasional moments of magic, so I can see sides forcing our wingers wide on the outside, so they're crossing to nobody in particular. If Brussell makes the mistake of putting his faith in Mavididi, then we won't even have that option as Stephy seems incapable of beating his man on the outside (on the rare occasion he bothers to even try). We've got some decent footballers in midfield. Braybrooke, Alves and Cullen look technically sound (and then there's Skipp) but that midfield is going to be easily bullied by sides not interested in trying to outplay us. Press our midfield at opportune moments and they will be able to win the ball with physically stronger players. If opponents then play their forward players play high, I think they can definitely pressurise Okoli (especially) and Souttar. Wait for them to make an error playing out from the back, because it definitely will happen at least a couple of times a game, and the better teams will punish us. I'm not saying we appoint him, but I heard a great interview with Andy Woodman (Bromley manager) at the end of last season. He was asked what his secret was to their recent success and their rise through the leagues. His answer was that there was no secret, they just keep things simple; they play aggressively, get the ball forward as quickly as possible and they get crosses into the box wherever they can. He summised that two thirds of the teams they've faced in the last 4 years try to play a possession-based game that they're not actually capable of producing, and his team have profited massively from doing the opposite and simply waiting for them to shoot themselves in the foot. He was saying that he finds it amazing that so many teams at that level play that way and create their own problems. He clearly didn't give a flying **** if others felt his style wasn't trendy and I respect that he's doing what works for his club. My fear is that we're not being realistic about what what's needed to get out of this league. I'm not going to pretend otherwise, I was dead set against the appointment of Martin. Largely because it was an indication from Top and Rudkin that they were prepared to double-down on this style of play that has proven so spectacularly unsuccessful for Leicester City football club. I look at the signings he's made and they seem to fit his vision of a side that out-passes everyone else in the division. IMHO we haven't recruited for what the reality will be in League One. I think this side is going to get absolutely bullied each week, especially if Souttar does end up leaving. Hopefully I get this spectacularly wrong.
  5. Nothing about today's performance has allayed my fears that Russell is absolutely the wrong man for what we need right now. Loads of red flags for me. Sorry to be so negative, but that was so poor.
  6. We're ****ed with this 'attack'. Absolutely toothless
  7. This team is going to struggle in League 1
  8. I'm so shocked that Mavididi and BDCR started today and did **** all. Really surprised
  9. Has Burns touched it yet? Genuine question, nodded off briefly
  10. I agree. We're going to struggle playing like this. Weak as piss. Reminds me of the lockdown games, the atmosphere is that flat
  11. Bye Stephy, please never play for us again
  12. I'm sorry, but I absolutely despise Mavididi.
  13. BDCR still playing the false footballer role in the second half
  14. More atmosphere for a kick about on Viccy Park
  15. Russell ball is every bit as incisive and thrilling as I expected so far.
  16. Mavididi picking up from where he left off last sesson. So lax and loose in everything he does. Sick of him.
  17. Disappointed to see Mavididi and BDCR in the line up. Hoped we'd seen the last of them
  18. Rudkin offering him 3 years knowing that the club will have gone bust by Year 3 is a crafty tactic. Smart business in my opinion.
  19. To be honest, I think the reverse of this is true; he strikes me as someone who has consistently failed to learn from his mistakes. Should be nowhere near the captaincy IMHO - he's not consistent enough, he's rarely been trusted to be a regular starter under any of our recent managers and the evidence would suggest he lacks the professionalism required to be club captain and to set standards. I think it sends out all of the wrong messages, to players and supporters, if Hamza is made skipper (IMHO). It's irrelevant that he's a local lad - he's hardly represented the club with pride at numerous points in his Leicester career. Although he probably will finally be playing at about his level in League 1 - I will say that.
  20. Looking forward to seeing the back of him. His attitude and application levels were an absolute disgrace last season. He was abysmal from start to finish.
  21. My uncle is Lincoln fan, says he did absolutely nothing there when they were in League 1
  22. Seen him a few times. Bit of a nothing player. He'll fit right in
  23. I reckon we'll be bankrupt by the start of next season. Genuinely
×
×
  • Create New...