-
Posts
4,583 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by fox_up_north
-
-
They fell down some stairs. Not out of a window, though.
-
That would possibly be quite a bad outcome for a LOT of people. Look how there's fingers pointed at Ukraine on this. Then add in Putin's death. The ideal outcome is probably people getting tired of him and ousting/ retiring him. He doesn't need to be a martyr.
-
Very good point. Top just isn't ready to take this all on. Has he been given the running of KP as well?
-
The Running Thread (formerly How fast can you run a 5k?)
fox_up_north replied to Sly's topic in General Chat
Had to do an easy 5k today. For some reason my ankle and calf have been playing up. Bit gutted as I've wanted to put more into it of late but c'est la vie. -
Yeah the PR team all need firing into the sun. Other than the royal weirdos, nobody was that bothered. Now she's had to reveal this. Shocking. Coming up on 8 years since I lost my mate to cancer at the ripe old age of 28.
-
Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'
fox_up_north replied to ClaphamFox's topic in Leicester City Forum
Spurs actually seem reasonably well run -
Leicester 'could face points deduction next season'
fox_up_north replied to ClaphamFox's topic in Leicester City Forum
I've had it from salty Spurs fans. It is absolutely right and fair to state our situation caused the rules to be brought in. But the ITV Digital deal helped no one and was a massive headache. It's fine. I'll just look in the trophy cabinet. -
Just seen that report about women's prison suicides. There was a woman in prison for £250 of credit card fraud and another woman in for assaulting a police officer who was trying to prevent her from committing suicide. These don't sound like the sorts of people who should be locked up - they need serious help.
-
Tbf it is the A Level Politics coursework submission deadline soon
-
The Running Thread (formerly How fast can you run a 5k?)
fox_up_north replied to Sly's topic in General Chat
One thing to really take into account with those kinds of things is the data is massively skewed by top, top levels. I have a weights ability "guide" and it says something like a novice 1rep max weighted squat is 90kg. That's 15kg over my actual weight. I can do it but I wouldn't say there's anything "novice" about being able to do some of these exercises. I always go with the idea that anything under 30 mins for a 5k is good and anything under 26 mins is really good. Try not to get too hung up on ability. The important thing is that you're doing well for you. I'm a few years older and started running again at 32. I'm regularly under 28 mins on 5k but I also know I'll soon be hitting the point where my body starts fighting back. -
What's a pay rise?
-
Of all the people to pipe up, he shouldn't be one of them. I don't care if it's the "best league in the world". It's fans that make it and that's what attracted the money. I'd support Leicester whether it had Messi or Mick the part time plumber up front.
-
The Running Thread (formerly How fast can you run a 5k?)
fox_up_north replied to Sly's topic in General Chat
So many factors really. What you've eaten that day, how you warmed up, how you slept, how you're feeling emotionally. I can have some runs where I'm flying at sub 9 min mile pace and hardly breaking a sweat, to an 11 minute mile slog that's just meant to be an easy run. Moving to weights had a huge impact for me. Squatting 80kg+ and doing deadlifts have seen the biggest change. I will always promote skipping as a huge help. Keeps your calves tough and to see the difference from starting, where getting gassed after less than a minute to comfortably doing 3-4 minute rounds is a huge improvement for cardio. -
See also China, North Korea, Chile in the 70s, Cambodia, Burma, etc.
-
Well it's there to give the impression of democracy. 87% is high enough to be a landslide but he can still say that other candidates received votes, too. Therefore the democracy works.
-
The Running Thread (formerly How fast can you run a 5k?)
fox_up_north replied to Sly's topic in General Chat
My local park run is good because it's a 10-15 minute walk but... 1 - a mud pit 2 - a mud pit with inclines 3 - a mud pit with inclines that you have to take single file 4 - not a full 5k but around 2.9 miles if you're running it I have resigned myself to clocking under 28 minutes as PB -
If it wasn't Cov we'd all be cheering on a champo club beating top flight away. Full credit to them and hopefully our lads will be inspired.
-
Oh, Wolves...
-
Ha. I made that happen
-
Cov get some five star golden chances and likely to win 1-0 with an absolute shambles of a goal, that even I wouldn't celebrate
-
That is, frankly, ridiculous and will cause so many more issues. I know people in towns where bin men are on strike (for fair reasons) but bins are unemptied for over a month. Unsurprisingly, the place became a tip.
-
Leicester City Mishmash - The History of LCFC in One Image
fox_up_north replied to Mark's topic in Leicester City Forum
I love the gaggle of violence in the corner -
At the very least, a new team in with a shout of winning the FA Cup. Where would Spurs host us?
-
Even if there is something going on, there's no harm in them putting out a statement saying "oh dear the silly prince hasn't worked out the iphone, just goes to show he's getting old". Job done.
