Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

fox_up_north

Member
  • Posts

    4,583
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by fox_up_north

  1. For a start, he's in Macclesfield. I know the area and it is not somewhere that I can see a vegan cafe being a success story. Second, you've stopped being a vegan cafe when you start selling meat. Strikes me as an idealist who had no business sense and has been caught with his trousers down. I suspect when the lease is up it'll change hands.
  2. Quite. They've had 4 years to sort this. To bring through someone more than capable of doing the job but they've sat on their laurels. If this didn't affect the rest of the world I'd probably just think let them lie in that bed.
  3. So long as we go up, that's all I care about. The gap to 3rd is most important.
  4. Absolutely shameful but doesn't surprise me. I worked in the area for about a year. Whatever you think it is or imagine it to be - it's that
  5. Midlands represent fam!
  6. The idea that, if you're a Democrat, it's better to note vote is absolutely insane. It's a 2 party system where you've seen what the opposition can do when the world was relatively prosperous and there was no war in Europe. It's absolutely beyond me. The problem with saying they deserve what they get is that it affects everyone else, unless Europe and Africa just stop dealing with the US. Which won't happen.
  7. No. Close thread.
  8. Got a relative in Singapore. Is a flight there, few days, then train up to Kuala Lumpur and then Phuket over a week or so doable? If I wear my City shirt in Thailand, do I get free stuff?
  9. Same for me. Getting across and down is basically a 4/4.5 hour round trip, plus the game itself and I just can't make it work most of the time. Yet another case for changing the membership nonsense.
  10. Hi Russian bots. Do you think we'll win the league with record points?
  11. God save the Queen is a rubbish national anthem, tbf. I think something a bit more upbeat. Like Tubthumping by Chumbawumba. And an updated flag. Picture of Big Ben but with a lion on it.
  12. I think Liverpool would be a lot more tolerable if the media around them was purely factual. A good team, albeit affected by injuries, beat an expensively and haphazardly assembled group of players. The narrative should be more "spend a billion pounds to finish mid table and luck your way to a cup final".
  13. I've worked with kids in care who are ex county lines and a lad who needed intervention because he was getting into EDL activity. Before I did that, I'd have put the blame squarely on Begum herself. However, having seen the lengths that these people go to, the techniques used by drug dealers, paedophiles and terrorist groups are all the same - find someone vulnerable, offer them something seemingly good and then exploit. Begum's world view is probably so warped now that she won't fit in anywhere. I don't necessarily feel bad for who she is now but if you can feel sorry/ understanding for a grown adult who handed over thousands to a fraudster, then it bears similarity to a teenage girl who ran away with older men. That's kind of what it boils down to. Personally, I'd want to see her brought back, normalised and used to show these tw@ts that long term, their methods don't work.
  14. Any other dog would have either been muzzled or put down by now. Once or twice you can say there might be circumstances. The way they dress and act might startle a dog. 20+ times says there's an issue. I am amazed that it hasn't, at the very least, been moved to a different part of the White House or only sees him in a safe, private area.
  15. Evidence shows January purchases, unless they're part of a long term strategy, often don't work out. Athletic did a youtube short on it and I was shocked to see 40% of strikers bought in Jan don't actually score for the rest of the season (top flight).
  16. BBC got an article about what's gone wrong at Celtic. I can think of two words.
  17. I'm with Jon on this. If the intelligence proves that Hamas are hiding among "safe" civilian areas, then fuch both sides for continuing to engage with this stupid cat and mouse game. At this point, I feel Hamas leadership (who are no doubt very far away in a safe place) are convincing young men to do deplorable things to sacrifice themselves, in order to goad an incensed Israel into doing equally bad things. No one wins this. However, in other news, Tories lost both by-elections. Quite badly.
  18. Someone glue him to the stadium. He's not allowed to leave.
  19. I am amazed we try and deal with Italian clubs these days
  20. That's very "if you're not with us you're against us" rhetoric and doesn't often win support.
  21. I'd go along with that but I meant more in his complete dishonesty and lack of respect for the office of PM
  22. Left in the US is quite different to what we would consider over here in Europe. They generally start at Thatcher and keep heading right. I've been told to see Democrats as one nation Tories and Republicans as something generally beyond what we have traditionally had as Conservative (up to Boris Johnson).
  23. In theory, we shouldn't actually need to change too much. Other than Kasper, Madders and Youri, the squad is very similar to the pre-relegation team and they did well. I don't think we need to spend loads, really. Certainly not to survive. To crack top 12 then maybe so but I am happy to go back up, take a solid return and forget this year
  24. Quite agree. You cock up twice, that's on the player. Not the ref.
  25. The Democrats have had FOUR YEARS to sort out a competent successor. Biden should have been a one termer to steady the ship and allow them to sort things out. But, no, this is what they've done.
×
×
  • Create New...