Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

LCFCJohn

Member
  • Posts

    6,051
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    5

Everything posted by LCFCJohn

  1. He got promoted with Cambridge from L2 and scored a bagful didn’t he, then took a step down to the National League with Wrexham for whatever reason, geography being closer to home, money, project etc. But it meant he never showed that if he could do it at that level. Then again, bag fulls at National League and L2 for Wrexham but it does seem that is his level. Perhaps injuries have affected him a bit. Definitely seems like the too good for L2 but not managed to really do it at L1 category. Likeable player and obviously does know where the net is. But not one for us at this level.
  2. It will require a huge level of outgoings and a massive shift in the nature of incomings. Basically a level of transfer business we haven’t seen since about 2015. Not impossible but just a massive change needed overnight. We haven’t had many names mentioned but Conor Chaplin and Archie Collins I have seen mentioned also. They would at least be the right nature of incomings based on character. Then the question is whether the nature of a Russell Martin team, the style, is suited to a team that is ‘up for it’. It is more likely, if we do well, it is a case of grinding teams down due to resources. I can’t imagine we will be the sort of side to look up for it. And it could take time to get into our stride. His Southampton side had a long unbeaten run across the middle part of the season, they didn’t start fast. I guess you will call me negative as is the fashion currently. Personally I think that is a balance outlook on what we know. And I certainly don’t think it’s any kind of stretch to suggest Notts on the opening day will be massively more up for it than us. Doesn’t mean they will win but they will be more up for it as per the original comment.
  3. Trying to keep tabs on how many you share a birthday with Ric, I have it now as Tunchev and half the youth team Shame his time was affected and cut short by injuries as he was a class act for us at the time.
  4. I’d like to think I do most of the time. Then I go on the on main forum, see a KP defender posting and there is my red tag to a bull
  5. It should be in principle but maybe not quite as simple. Australia is a good example of this but they are much further from other countries and have shark infested waters which helps. We are only what, 20 miles from France and based on being in Cornwall last week, all we have in our waters in bloody Jellyfish and not even the ones with a bad sting so we haven’t got nature exactly helping us! There’s no doubt a political aspect as well as the practical side though which is what you are also referring to.
  6. Shouldn’t be difficult as an island should it! It’s just laughable to think these far right parties actually achieve what we would like to see. All that will happen is we will lose the positive migration and industry and services will tank. Just like Brexit was apparently the golden ticket but hasn’t been positive in any way.
  7. Absolutely. A far too complex process for the angry protesters to understand. Far right leaders are all money and self interest. As you say, managing migration should go hand in hand with managing the climate and peace, to encourage and enable people to remain in their homelands. In reality, the right wing start wars (Ukraine, Iran, Gaza) to displace people, all whilst refusing to stop destroying the planet. And people are too clueless to see it.
  8. Exactly. It’s central views on the politics scale. Yes be against people coming here illegally and want it addressing. But appreciate the value other cultures offer and welcome those here legally and contributing towards our country. I think there are many people who do hold the extreme right views and would have anyone non-white British out. But most I think probably share the views I have and you as well but either aren’t educated enough on it or confused and think parties like Reform are the answer. For me, it’s all the other stuff that concerns me as much. I’m much more concerned about the climate denial change denial for example.
  9. Taking the first bit as true (as it’s a forum and you could say anything) then perhaps you are not actually putting across your views in the best way or maybe backing the wrong horse in Reform? Yes good immigration and bad, 100% agree. I also agree about culture. In fact I will actually say my views on these things as I am anything but ‘far left’. I do have issue with the boat crossing. I am cynical in thinking if people are escaping out of safety, safety is found much earlier than Calais. Obviously that is still a Europe as a whole problem but looking at the UK, I think to end up in Calais, it is about economic migration at this stage and that is down to how we are seen as a free ride in terms of our benefit system. But I also have an issue with white British people choosing benefits as a lifestyle. Benefits should be there for people genuinely between employment or genuine health issues. Obviously it’s a complex matter anyway. Culture wise, I think if you are living in another country you should learn and speak the language, as I would if I emigrated to a non-English speaking country. You might think that is the sort of views you are expressing and they align in which case fair enough. I also agree it should be an equal system for anyone here legally and those here illegally should be deported as the key is in the word illegal. But I can’t stand Reform as this is not what they are about. I know full well not all legal immigrants are doctors and nurses and covered this above where I said about the benefits systems. But it is fact that protesters in the name of Reform UK were going after doctors and nurses arriving at work at a hospital and causing intimidation. So you cannot say that is purely about illegal immigration as these were clearly legal, value adding individuals being chased and intimidated due to the colour of their skin which is my issue.
  10. You are seemingly against the idea of a population that has growing percentage of people not originally from that country. Britons emigrating to other countries whether that’s Australia, New Zealand, Canada etc or other popular destinations like UAE or other Arab countries fits this also. Unless you are saying it’s ok if you move to a country where ethnicity is aligned? I can’t see how anyone is happy about the illegal boats. But the narrative of yourself and Reform is much deeper than that. Nurses and doctors legally living (and born) here, working tirelessly to save lives being chased down the street on their way to work and harassed due to having brown skin? Tell me again that it’s not about an ethno-state? And that’s where the comparison comes in.
  11. I trust that out of consistency, your belief system extends to all British nationals living in other countries being wrong and they should return to the UK yes? Australia’s numbers for example must be massively tarred by the number of British nationals living there? Second homes should be banned in countries like Spain and Greece etc?
  12. LCFCJohn

    The Weather

    Yep, infuriating. All you see is ’Well we did it when we were kids and it was fine’ ’The problem is young people today don’t know how to swim’ Probably in many cases from the ‘I survived 1976 so climate change isn’t real’ mindset! My daughter is 3 and a half. We’ve had her in swimming lessons since 6 months old (ok the early days was more water confidence than lessons) but already she is able to now swim short distances without any support or floatation aids, completely on her own. She’s on course to be an excellent swimmer as she gets older if she sticks with it. And guess what, we will take exactly the same approach as @ramboacdc further up this page in terms of drilling these messages in. Of course being a strong swimmer can’t hurt, but people completely missing the point that if you get trapped on something or the cold water shock is indiscriminate as to whether you are the best swimmer or not.
  13. You sound like it’s something to feel guilty about. Definitely not! I’d say anyone running in these temperatures are daft to be fair.
  14. True. They didn’t give a crap then and don’t now. You’d think they’d case about their kids and grandkids though…. It does feel like we are reaching a point where many young people are now thinking about these things more deeply and with care. But what chance do we have with the likes of Putin and Trump as well as the right wing agenda sweeping through Europe?
  15. Fair enough. Unbeaten season it is
  16. I predict lots of draws. Probably struggle to breakdown the defences we will face. My predictions have been fairly positive (when compared to reality after the event) so I am slightly concerned I think we will finish upper bottom half as that will generally mean worse….
  17. I was the opposite. I looked and in nearly all matches can see a strong case for us being turned over. Obviously we will win some games by the law of averages but looking game by game, and knowing where we are as a club, the fact other clubs will be massively up for it, and that we are going to be employing a style that will struggle against how teams will face us, it’s looks damn difficult to me…
  18. Not sure if it’s worse looking at the fixtures or looking and thinking when do I see an away game I think we will win and getting to December
  19. In terms of Brexit, I was and am of the view we should have remained. So many promises were made by a certain Mr Farage and his campaign and I don’t think there is any case to suggest we are better off as a country as a result. But in balance, there’s been significant events such as Covid and Ukraine so it’d be unfair to suggest things are entirely down to Brexit as these factors would have had a massive effect on the country anyway. No doubt things are a struggle and particular sectors. Sorry to hear yours is one of them. I think getting the economy moving and particularly the crisis with young people and employment is a big one that this or the next government needs to address. I suppose it’s a case of we were no doubt in a bad position as a country in 2024 anyway and there’s definitely been things that have positively been improved elsewhere such as NHS waiting times. I do think any government needs time to try and make a difference. Obviously the last government had 14 years so it is fair to judge them. I do wonder what people (not saying you) expect from Reform. Will they be held to a similar standard after 2 years?
  20. Out of interest, what do you think the answer is? Thats not intended to come across abrasive or anything but a genuine question as tone is hard to interpret when written.
  21. I’m not sure who I’m more pleased for Nelson for what would be a great move and a chance to develop in a better environment and higher level. Or @Tommy G who will get the space in your head back that you’re not receiving any rent from Ben for
  22. LCFCJohn

    The Weather

    Also makes me laugh how people think the answer is to open their windows. No understanding of basic heat transfer and thermodynamics at all! Frustrating tonight though. Looks like it will be at least 10pm before opening windows will achieve anything. Normally it’s possible a bit earlier.
  23. LCFCJohn

    The Weather

    Absolutely sick of hearing about 1976 from boomers Many seem to think it’s a badge of honour that means they can scoff at what we are seeing now. It was clearly a fluke at the time where it didn’t even reach temperatures as high as we see now as well as now being more and more regular and earlier/for longer.
  24. Great move for him if he fancies a move to Europe at his age. It seems to have worked for other young British players going to the likes of Germany and Italy.
  25. Bit unfair to call them one trick. They are also quite clear they believe climate change is a myth and would like to scrap any attempts at generating our own sustainable renewable energy in favour of destroying the planet a bit more and ensuring we get regular extreme weather But yes you are right of course. And for balance, Green at the other extreme are little or no better in terms of wider policies I don’t think. There’s a reason the central and historical parties are still the better options. Massively hypocritical of anyone who did migrate here to be in favour of closing the doors which let’s be honest, is the Reform stance. Anyone level headed knows that we benefit massively from migration but it needs to be controlled and yes, beneficial to the country. Bigger issues for me are the benefits system and justice system being fit for purpose. The rest would then take care of itself.
×
×
  • Create New...