Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

LCFCJohn

Member
  • Posts

    6,051
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    5

Everything posted by LCFCJohn

  1. I know from my previous line of work, he was very involved with supporting social housing and rough sleeping in the area. I left the sector a few years ago so am out of touch but he was very popular for his efforts in that particular field.
  2. Bold bit is key. Add the academy in to that as well. If you factor in the likes of Braybrooke, Alves, Page and Aluko who can/should be starting for us. Then using the free market, Chaplin and McCarthy already. And the loan market. Get this right and you can put funds towards a more marquee signing, ideally a striker. We will need central defenders but that may be more likely from the above categories. Either way, we don’t need to bring more than 2/3 in for fees if we get the rest right imo.
  3. It’s not necessarily a love for the country, but it’s definitely about the commercial side of them wanting Messi to win. It wouldn’t surprise me if when he retires, Argies are treated with less preference and they won’t like it one bit!
  4. Yeah, fair observation. I’m not even annoyed they did that as such. It is up to the ref to gain control early on as we all knew what the game was going to be. The ref never had control (or perhaps didn’t want to) and it enabled Argentina to carry on. All those say England are sore losers I think is not correct. I would guess most English like me, aren’t so much bothered about losing or even the fact they played as they did. It is obviously more the fact that Argentina were so bitter in victory and all the banner nonsense.
  5. Same. My wife planned to potter round and do bits as she put it whilst the game was on but quickly got hooked and angry as I was about the way they were ‘playing’. Afterwards, her observation was that they could obviously play based on the second half so why did they behave like thugs in the first half and refuse to play was her wording.
  6. I am simply making the point that due to how we have messed his development up, along with our decline as a club, we are not in a position to demand that. He wasn’t first choice for us last season in a side that we shit and got relegated to the third tier. Yeah I would agree here. But you make a good point about potential and not his current output. Most logical people can see this but we seem to have a number of fans who have already written him off as no good. Back up, substitute, whatever you want to call it. He started in less than half our games, took a few months to be given any chance at all and was the one dropped again when our other centre backs were hardly any better, despite being experienced and the ones who should have been setting an example. I’m sure he would start if he stayed this coming season. My point was that he wasn’t a starting member of the team last season so it didn’t really show we valued him. That is the point. If we valued him, he may have been more likely to sign a new contract and we might be able to get more for him. As it is, it’s clear the club and a many fans don’t value him based on his treatment to date.
  7. I’m sure it is. I’m just making the point that people are happy to slag him off, call him L1 quality etc then have a fit when it is suggested another club could offer £6 mill. For what it’s worth, I rate him highly as a future PL player and think whoever buys him from us makes a big profit. But people slating him then moaning about the fee can’t have it both ways. The facts are, we are a L1 club in dire straights, he was a reserve last season so it doesn’t really matter what his importance would be this season. And importantly, a year left so can agree with an overseas club from January. Basically, if anyone pays £10 mill to us when they can get him for free soon, they are daft. If we put the shoe on the other foot, it was another club quoting us this when we were in the PL, we’d be laughing at them.
  8. How much do you think a reserve League 1 defender with a year left on contract should go for?
  9. We are a League 1 club. £6 mill is a great price for a reserve centre back with 1 year left on his contract. We will just drive buyers away and lose him for free by setting unrealistic valuations again. About half that amount is reasonable.
  10. Not under Martin where possession is the name of the game. But in a side where the defensive side is more important, and not surrounded by morons, of course he would do well in L1.
  11. Just seen that apparently it is £6 million we have turned down from Torino. Obviously don’t know what the make up of the deal were or conditions etc but if it was actually £6 million straight up, what are we playing at rejecting that? He has 1 year left, made it clear he won’t re-sign and will walk for free as so many others have. Just take the £6 mill. £10 mill is delusional!
  12. Well for those who accused people who didn’t want him as being entitled or negative ‘who do you expect us to sign’, the answer was someone who will be fit to play and if Ings hasn’t even passed a medical with us, what does that say?
  13. What happened here then It sounded like loads of tickets in the ground were not purchased and I can’t imagine TV figures were very high. Which of course FIFA deserve. Cashcow big names to make money over football for them. Hopefully a really dull final. 0-0 and a shit shootout win for Spain would do. Or a couple of early goals for Spain and they just stifle the match.
  14. In fairness, our owner has us questioning if we were ever a football club now as we can’t really remember what it is like to act like one. I think it might involve sometimes winning a game, or seeing the guys in your clubs kit running but we can’t be sure as it’s been a while
  15. Yeah. I think it is a bit of a surprise how blatant and obvious they have been this tournament. As @Leicesterpoolsays above this and below your post, Switzerland, as well as Egypt and England all furious with how the last 3 games were officiated and the preferential treatment at least, or outright shown. I think in our game it was the former, there were no huge decisions but the ref just lost control and let them do as they wanted. But 3 teams in a row isn’t sour grapes… From our perspective, I guess it was more about what an absolute disgrace they were off the pitch and at the end than on it. I’d love if those involved who play their club football here, get hounded out of the country by their own and opposing fans next season! Never mind, by 2034 we will have a 64 team tournament to look forward to in the winter (our winter) in Saudi….
  16. Yep. You’d think him having lifted it 4 years ago would be enough wouldn’t you? All part of this generational thing where the global audience is more interested in supporting individuals than just enjoying the game for what it is.
  17. A bit amusing that Forest were celebrating winning the ‘biggest British sale’ trophy a few weeks ago only to be beaten at that
  18. And remember how when KDH broke through and was performing well, those people then started on the ‘he’s from Nottingham’ and ‘supports Man Utd so not one of our own’ lines. I look forward to seeing what people use to try and pull Nelson down when he goes elsewhere and performs well.
  19. I can’t stand the guy but he’s not exactly wrong is he? I’m not sure the context of him discussing the game but he’s saying what most of us are saying or thinking. I don’t think he said anything offensive to England. Noticeable that he started to say fantastic team on the final and corrected himself to included Spain…
  20. Yes, so much in favour of free speech that people entering the US have their social media checked for anything negative theh have said about Trump….. I know a couple of Americans who live here and one particularly is too scared to go back there whilst this administration is in place due to the fear of being detained by ICE for this reason.
  21. I mean I haven’t watched a single game outside of some of England’s this tournament so haven’t been very engaged. So I have absolutely no interest in this game. Maybe the BBQ but not with the game on! It’s basically a friendly game between 2 sides coming off massive disappointment.
  22. I’d want both to go but if I had to choose one to stay, it’d be Okoli. I’m surprised so many are saying Faes. This is about removing the bad attitudes and beginning the job of rebuilding a more positive culture. What has been so positive about the outgoing business has been VK, Winks and Vestergaard going for this reason. Faes is never going to change and will continue to drag those around him down. Okoli has been poor but not a bad character from what I can tell and might have time to change/improve. We don’t get promoted with Faes in the team this season full stop.
  23. Hang on, I thought that was Geoff and Rodgers
  24. Alright fun sponge It was semi tongue in cheek. I agree that relegation will make it easier to shift them. But do we think things would be happening so quickly if it was still just Rudkin at the wheel? The balanced view is that both are factors. So it’s still amusing that the guy brought in to be a shield is getting things done and generating positivity with the fans, regardless of the additional circumstances at play. Also raises the question as to why there was zero movement of the deadwood last summer despite a relegation then. Why is L1 suddenly the threshold where the flood gates open? Yes you’re likely to see more going now, purely statistically being at another lower level. But it doesn’t explain or justify zero action last summer. In my own opinion of course.
  25. So basically, we are suddenly clearly the swamp and the obvious change is McCarron so rightly I would say, we are making the link that he is behind this. So McCarron was brought in to be a shield for Rudkin, immediately has managed to do what Rudkin has spent years failing to do, therefore shining more of a light on how shit Rudkin is rather than deflecting is
×
×
  • Create New...