Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

CornwallFox

Member
  • Posts

    2,206
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    2

Everything posted by CornwallFox

  1. Live images from the fans presentation
  2. You've created a narrative that this is only happening as an act of desperation but there's zero evidence for that and I can see nothing that supports this as being a different signing to the others we've made. I would say buying an aging expensive maybe Ings would have been much more of an outlier.
  3. Martin has made a big thing of the fact he wants Souttar to stay and they've rejected a bid from Sheffield Utd so who knows
  4. Let's play some matches and then see how we feel. There's suddenly a big upswell of people who very quietly always wanted Martin here, and a number of honest posters saying he's changed their minds. He's not put a foot wrong so far but he's paid to win football matches so let's see what happens, particularly if the winning doesn't.
  5. Like everything else wrong with the country, a good start would be requiring a degree of honesty by the non TV press. By all means have differing views of the world and differing answers to problems, but let's not be allowed to lie to the public about facts. Let's have facts be facts and then debate from there. No side has a monopoly on what is right, and all sides pick and choose their truths. But there are some big lies allowed to go often repeated that area causing immense harm, particularly in relation to climate change and (separately and unrelated in the context that I'm writing) economics.
  6. We all know it's a direct correlation with academic achievement and we all have our own opinions about what we might call that in layman's terms.
  7. Well you've sold him there haven't you. Sounds like he'll get on with Mavididi
  8. Were you behind him and did he have a kind of Leo Sayer haircut?
  9. 2 days ago London hit 30°C for the 24th time this year. In the 1980s that happened 22 times.... across the whole decade.
  10. Boffin is the sort of word the sun uses when trying to report on anything vaguely scientific
  11. Behind closed doors friendly today. What's interesting possibly is who played in this game that presumably won't play tonight Leicester City suffer narrow Coventry City defeat in behind-closed-doors friendly | Leicestershire Live https://share.google/PDNaqbehkJ8fLuP6T
  12. It's not fear mongering to say that this is an existential threat without dramatic action. Also, it's not a particular set of scientists. There's not one scientist on earth who has provided a theory let alone evidence of anything other than human caused climate change being an existential threat. Not one. There's some talking heads willing to take the oil money but no serious studies, theories or evidence.
  13. Daftest post ever. There's always been leaks. Everybody has always known who's signing who. It's one of the best things about football the transfer rumours.
  14. The science of the general affects of burning fossil fuels are very well known and understood, have been for decades, and current models are underplaying the effects that are being observed in the real world. Without serious and urgent change, those effects are potentially an existential threat to much of humanity. The activity required to cut fossil fuel use realistically area also very well known and have been set out very clearly in IPCC reports. There is no lack of ability to stop further harm of the political will were there. Humanity has overcome many things but if we see 3-4°C warming, we are in big, big trouble. Crop failures, huge wildfires, nation scale flooding, 45°C heat domes lasting weeks are already happening. That's at just shy of 1.5°C. There is no serious scientific debate any more. Muddying of the waters comes purely from fossil fuel funded media and social media. Anybody still burying their head in the sand, saying we don't have to act immediately, that we can simply mitigate and get used to it etc is lying to themselves. You have to activity refuse to engage with the science too take that sort of view. You have to be intentionally, deliberately not wanting to engage with the truth to have any view other than urgent action is required and governments should stop putting profits before humanity.
  15. What a load of word salad cobblers
  16. I've drunk too much lowish % beer for my entire adult life. I know it's not a good thing, 3-4 cans a night forever, and I can not drink if I'm ill or at a relatives etc, but it's an evil little thing that you keep doing even when you know you shouldn't but somehow can't ever stop. I know I should stop but don't really know where to begin with that.
  17. It's such an interesting political time though, we've never had a time like this, so many PM s etc, I feel like at least a warning should be given..
  18. They didn't have our pants down. A figure was applied to a player movement to fit PSR needs. No more, no less. It was essentially a free transfer with the KDH fee being £4m less than advertised
  19. I feel very fairly confident to say that, however we play this season, nobody else will refer to us as playing similar to PSG
  20. I had come here to ask if my ban could be ended as I didn't really say a whole lot wrong and am trying to avoid confrontation but given what's posted here I'm not sure I'll be particularly successful in my request
  21. Sorry for posting a Tiktok but this did make me smile. A good way to spend time editing things https://vm.tiktok.com/ZN8Jw5qQL/
  22. Tbh I wouldn't have a clue, I've noticed, but I'm not particular knowledgeable in this area. We've had flying things that look like nothing I've ever seen, there was a completely white moth, big centipedes, just things I didn't tend to get in the house in Leicester appear every time I open the door at night!
  23. 45°C+ in Europe + extended droughts at home - farming and the cost of food alarm bells should be ringing.
×
×
  • Create New...