Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

CornwallFox

Member
  • Posts

    2,206
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    2

Everything posted by CornwallFox

  1. Alves isn't a winger. He didn't have the pace. Luke Thomas cannot play the inverted full back role. Or any role really. We don't have a striker on the pitch. We have Belarus level players being asked to play like Brazil in the centre.
  2. None of our players can pass a football
  3. He's being asked to stand to close to his centre back, not enough time to react to passes
  4. The really narrow full backs are just putting them under pressure constantly
  5. Only real surprises are the GK change, Mavididi dropped altogether and I'm a little disappointed he didn't put Cullen up front and do something different in midfield. Let's see then, can DCR do more than last week. I will say that I quite like our options on the bench other than Choudhury.
  6. There is a very fine mist type rain here🍾
  7. Honestly, I've been thinking for a while that Scotland looks a decent investment when it's future summers might be the only slightly okay ones we have left.
  8. I'm highly doubtful about the ÂŁ10m claim. They have no reason to pay that much. No tribunal would force them to pay that much. Anybody saying he's worth more... Based on what? He's done nothing. We went get that much and we shouldn't get that much.
  9. Cheers fella. Holidayed in Cornwall before and wished I could live here Then I moved to Cornwall when I joined here about 10 months ago. Moved to where I am now at the end of June. It's as amazing as you'd imagine living here, I'm very lucky and very happy.
  10. I actually didn't go down to the beach for the football, I was going to if we got through when we didn't. Is the way down from the haven that weird zig zag stair thing? Never been over there, only been in the town beach. Only moved here a few weeks ago and loving it
  11. I'm two miles inland from Perranporth. It's been stunning for weeks on end like everywhere else. Can't remember the last time it wasn't a clear blue sky but just this afternoon it's turned a little. Not cold but there's kinda a feeling of moisture in the air without rain.
  12. 22° here Was hotter and blue skies earlier but a white sky now. Not seen this in about two months. You'd be gutted if you were arriving on holiday today wouldn't you 🤣
  13. Thanks for responding. I like your response. I include myself (and you sometimes) when I say that we don't have enough reasonable discussions that accept all parties do good and bad. It's fairly clear I think the Tory's overall record over that period was utterly abysmal but TBF you have highlighted a small number of things I would have to accept weren't bad. A big problem more generally is that there's no ability in society right now to have those kind of conversations. Politicians and the media want to conflate everything into soundbites and good Vs bad type debates and it's very difficult to even get even handed information let alone debate it. We've allowed the Americanisation of our country and politics to its detriment. What is really needed is a genuine discussion about the broader picture of politics - what I would call the failure of neo-liberalism and the need for a completely new era of economics.
  14. There's no real debate to be had but okay
  15. The Tories didn't have a bad inheritance. Public service satisfaction was at all time highs and growth was okay again. The worst of the financial crisis had been and gone. There was a short term deficit as the tax receipts from financial services had dropped, alongside increased spending to support the economy through the crisis, but that was only ever a short term issue in the grand scheme. Coming out of that, as I mentioned before, we had decent growth and record low interest rates. A great time to invest. Instead we cut and saw a double dip recession under Osborne and never saw any sort of benefit for ordinary people ever since.
  16. He's starting on small annoyances, but isn't it nice to have somebody deal with those annoyances instead of actively encouraging them? As you will know, we're awaiting a budget before he can - if he does - do anything more substantial. Interesting that you chose not to get involved with the rest of my post. You do try to give off a objective vibe but can't entirely allow yourself to consider that right wing economics is the underlying problem - including with the 2007/8 financial crisis.
  17. It's better when you're sat on a beach with practically the best view in the uk
  18. Id take him. He'd run matches at this level
  19. Very senior civil servants will give advice but the civil service absolutely 100% is waiting on ministerial direction. There are certainly long standing issues - actually social care is a great example, the failure of trickle down economics, failure to renationalise failing privatised industries etc where both parties are absolutely to blame. But the country clearly went very badly downhill during those 14 years. I blame Osborne for a lot of it. He presided over the treasury at a point where we had record low interest rates and was exactly the time that we should have been borrowing to invest and build and get our country moving. With virtually nil interest attached we could have developed all sorts of things that would have huge value. Instead he cut and chose that time to waste one if the biggest economic opportunities any government has ever had. And things just spiralled downhill from there. Lack of spending, lack of growth, lack of economic benefit to ordinary people, all while he boasted of booming Britain, and we see the rise of the far right, as we always do when leaders need to blame something other than themselves for economic woes. You can trace Brexit, small boats, economic stagnation all to those early Tory government decisions. But yes labour needs to do better. I'm quite positive Burnham might be more willing to really look for real change, we will see.
  20. The civil service just carries out the wishes of the government and it's legislation. That's it. The general state of the country is absolutely the fault of the Tories. Most complaints being made are things that have been destroyed over years. But yes labour are in charge and the key isn't what it's broken, but what is being fixed. I think that's a fair question. And mistakes and u turns have happened. But equally they have to have time for their policies to actually happen, given it takes 18 months for a policy to actually see implementation generally.
  21. Not down too the dotted i. It's happening much faster than predicted and more severely. I know you know this.
  22. The mighty foxes stadium brought to you by Budweiser and Chad's Discount Stores
  23. Interesting Tbh I think my view is entirely based on moisture level. A lemon drizzle gets away with it due to the moisture that seeps in - but I made one from scratch with home grown lemons once and in the middle i put a layer of homemade lemon curd - it was even better. Moisture/mouthfeel for the win.
  24. I've got Kenny on block as he's just not an honest debater much of the time. In the thread I'm banned from he was almost mocking starmar and reeves for suggesting increased oil licences doesn't necessarily equal increased tax revenues because he doesn't want to bother reading into a subject, he just wants to focus on top level basic arguments. Starmar and reeves were correct, for a whole range of reasons he didn't bother to look up. On this one, over the 14 years the Tories were in charge there was a net increase of 482 prison places. As others have said what was put in place, as across much of government over that 14 year period, was ill thought through and more interested in headlines than actually achieving a good outcome based on evidence.
×
×
  • Create New...