-
Posts
2,206 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
2
Everything posted by CornwallFox
-
I moved down here 9 months ago. It's interesting that we get insects I've never seen in Leicester. And my garden sounds like the south of France for crickets in the evening.
-
Leicester City For Sale (Ongoing Thread)
CornwallFox replied to AKCJ's topic in Leicester City Forum
You're like a angry man shouting at clouds. Administration is a factual thing based on business finance. You're talking as if it's a given based on football finance. To date, king power have written off any debt we've had to them and they've done nothing to suggest they'd cut and run. Whatever they might be, the Thai people are incredibly respectful and I would suggest there's zero chance of them letting Leicester fall rather than keeping us afloat until they find a buyer. You've started with incorrect statements and instead of recognising the truth is different, you've decided to double down and move a few goalposts so you can claim to still be right. You're not. -
Leicester City For Sale (Ongoing Thread)
CornwallFox replied to AKCJ's topic in Leicester City Forum
That's irrelevant to adminstration. Administration is about our business finances, not our football finances. -
Leicester City For Sale (Ongoing Thread)
CornwallFox replied to AKCJ's topic in Leicester City Forum
Also, why would we end up in administration? We have owners that continue to write off club losses. We're in no danger as a going concern, even if losses continue. -
Leicester City For Sale (Ongoing Thread)
CornwallFox replied to AKCJ's topic in Leicester City Forum
Perceived in the county. Meanwhile Leicester gets better and he keeps winning the votes of actual Leicester residents -
One thing I've noticed is that the overwhelming majority of people I find refusing to allow overtakes, speeding up when being overtaken, generally refusing to move lanes etcv seen to be middle aged women once I do get passed and take a look. Honestly about 85% of the biggest idiots I've come across in recent months fit this profile. No idea why and not what I expected - I thought it would be 30-45 men tbh
-
It would be interesting if the poll could be reset and the results pinned, so that each year we can see whether they change. I have a sneaking suspicion that when El Nino really kicks in by next summer we might start to see a few minds change. There's talk of 48° in Spain this year let alone next!
-
I hate when people go "the UK only amounts for about 1% of CO2 emissions" and I think to myself, v there's more than a hundred countries so our share is outsized. Plus if every country thinks like that we make no progress. I cannot fathom why ordinary people still parrot the words of oil funded media.
-
Leicester City For Sale (Ongoing Thread)
CornwallFox replied to AKCJ's topic in Leicester City Forum
I saw a tradesman's van the other day that had the strapline London, Paris, Milan, Kernow (but mainly Kernow) and it did make me smile. -
Best thing about that game was the Spanish commentary. Felt like I was abroad
-
I've only watched the second half so far. First thoughts are that playing out from the back we look rushed. Up front we are lacking. In between were playing some nice stuff at times. Seems to be an instruction to not touch the ball more that twice if possible so we're moving it quite quickly. A little more sense in our own third and a decent purchase or two up front and it could be interesting.
-
Dude, it's a friendly, you aren't first choice just because you start a friendly match. Maybe he will be, maybe he won't, this game means nothing though.
-
It's a standard PFA agreed contract template is my understanding, could have the wrong end of the stick, but I know somebody that should know these things
-
Abdul Fatawu sold to Ipswich Town - Official
CornwallFox replied to moore_94's topic in Leicester City Forum
At least we got to see him nutmeg a player and smash one in from about 70 yards -
That bloke who makes up crap 'comedy' dances to go with the words of songs. I've just looked him up for this post. David Armand. Sh**.
-
Holiday makers cannot drive.
-
Trying to take an even view, it's a bit dumb messing up your taxes when you're deputy prime minister and losing that job would have stung quite a lot! That said, in her particular case I might be remembering wrong but I don't think there was a serious suggestion of intent behind the error? There's been far worse tax errors brushed under the carpet by the other parties since then so it's kinda moot. Personally don't think it's a bad thing heading somebody with her backstory in politics giving their insights. Labour politicians often get pointed at as not really being working class yet Rayner gets sly digs for being too working class. I'm not strongly minded either way with her tbh though there is one picture of her where she looked kinda good so on that basis I fully support her....
-
Gone but not forgotten and certainly not the death list
CornwallFox replied to Daggers's topic in General Chat
Yeah I know what you mean in that it's hard to imagine he was 75. I'm heading into my later forties now and everybody high profile that is dying is now somebody I remember from my teenage years, at which point KK was leading that fantastic Newcastle side. It's thoroughly depressing. -
There's a lot of happy clappers in your world aren't there? As far as I can tell it's the least woke people getting riled by the banner. I'm not sure you haven't bamboozled yourself with buzzwords.
-
MMT is a new theory of economics effectively, so it's not surprising that most economists stick to the status quo. The weird thing is that most commentators who dismiss MMT are the same ones that have previously talked about how economists are generally wrong.
-
What did he say?
-
In what way did he treat us like shit? We were happy for him to force a move here as one of Europe's up and coming best youngsters. We were utterly crap and got relegated. He then played the first match while trying to force a move away. I am struggling to see what he's done wrong tbh
-
For exactly the same reason. If no tax is taken then government spending alone is inflationary. Here's the interesting bit when you think about tax: It's taken to stop inflation, not to fund the government. Where and how wealth is allowed to exist is therefore an entirely political decision when deciding how to implement taxes. If I take this a step further, this means that the question isn't how your tax is being spent (it isn't). The question is who should we tax to offset spending. I think that's an important psychological difference. Benefits, pensions, public sector pay etc are all things which are actually good for liquidity in the real economy. If people on benefits can afford to keep their houses in decent nick this likely means odd job guys and tradespeople having more customers. If public servants can afford more then that is also good for local business (the same for other workers too of course but we are talking about public spending). Meanwhile billionaire owned newspapers push to convince you that we should reduce all those things and simultaneously hold down taxes on wealth, even though it pretty much sits there, inert, doing very little for the economy. @Zear0 one article is obviously just a shard of MMT but I'm just gently trying to point out that the way people think about the economy isn't that accurate and I think knowing a little about what's going on under the hood would allow better conversations about tax and spending. Anyway, I'm not going to keep going on this one as I don't want to push this thread into another politics thread.
-
Russell Martin - Confirmed as First Team Manager
CornwallFox replied to moore_94's topic in Leicester City Forum
Much like the last few years then
