Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

CornwallFox

Member
  • Posts

    2,206
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    2

Everything posted by CornwallFox

  1. Unions are tricky as it's hundreds of thousands of mini donations put together though I get your point. Something has to be done about political funding. All the noise new labour had around cash for access yet never a peep about big donations to all parties. It's clearly buying influence. I'd also suggest foreign ownership of UK media needs to be looked at closely. We have overseas oil billionaires funding channels that pump out one sided information, with presenters that lead parties also funded by oil billionaires, who are convincing the country that drilling for oil couldn't possibly be curtailed. And other similar arguments like free ports (areas where national law doesn't apply), net zero etc. If the arguments against those things are stronger on their own merits fine, but the way they push false messaging is really not right. We need ofcom to have teeth and I guess there'd need to be another body with teeth to deal with political donations.
  2. There's a large number of players out of contract and another large number that won't want to play in league 1. There's a large chunk of money set aside for us by king power. Between these three things hopefully we'll be okay.
  3. I think I took an interest when you mentioned them and ended up buying in. Not much unfortunately!
  4. Amazed anybody thinks JJ will be staying.
  5. Honestly I wish we'd stop holding our tongues. I have endless respect for the Spanish leader for just fronting up to trump and saying no. Or even Mark Carney who is being pretty clear. We need to stop pandering to a US that is anything but a trustworthy ally now.
  6. Yep At the moment I'm watching psg in the champions League. Everybody running forwards. More teams seem to be breaking away from the man city era 11 behind the ball and just keep the ball style football. I want to see players running forwards for Leicester.
  7. Never been one for day drinking myself
  8. For a manager that isn't in a position to get a premier League or top end of the championship job we will look like a great prospect from the outside. Whether he falls into that category I've no idea. Think about when Leeds went down to league 1. The chance to manage a latent giant with greater resources than other teams on the division, and try to build a dynasty, will that will have a lot of managers licking their lips - though whether our financials do provide greater resources we shall see.
  9. We just need to clear the decks player wise, get in a manager who's career is on the up, get a bit lucky that we're the club it really works for with them, and start winning football matches. Winning football matches makes football fans happy.
  10. What's he getting paid by the fa?
  11. They should be moving to block that next. Before landlords hugely inflated the market, we didn't need nearly 3m landlords. Why do we need them now? Only because landlord demand has helped to make housing unaffordable for many. Get rid of landlordism - not all landlords immediately but regulate % of housing stock to be rented and bring that number down over time as landlords leave the market and demand decreases.
  12. Absolutely this is the case. Danny as usual doesn't see anything that doesn't fit his motivation for posting.
  13. When the house comes to get sold the tenants will be well sighted on it and given a very long period to find alternative arrangements because I have a conscience, something apparently lacking from other landlords who only seem to complain about their personal finances, yet never reflect on the morality of turning housing into an investment opportunity rather than it being first and foremost about people owning their own homes. I have very little time for the majority of landlords who expected ready returns with very little risk and scream and shout as soon as that situation turns.
  14. I am a landlord. I just have fallen into it and intend to sell the property at some point, not related to changes to rules. Landlordism is a scurge on society. The fact there's loads of properties now, with landlords moaning and exciting the market, is hardly the point. A friend of mine in Leicester sold a 2 bed terraced property a few years ago and actively wanted to sell to a first time buyer. The estate agents told him it was unlikely as cash buyer landlords would come in, and that's exactly what happened. Immediately came in and bought it. If you think demand caused by nearly 3m landlords hasnt affected house prices then, sorry, you're being dishonest. There is zero risk to landlords. Somebody else is paying the mortgage and buying the house. Yes there can be unexpected costs on the short term but it's guaranteed to lead to a huge profit overall given you'll have a house paid for at the end of it unless you're the worst businessman of all time.
  15. The point was simply that costs are already high with landlords. There's more landlords now and costs are exponentially higher. Partly because huge numbers of landlords buying properties at the bottom end of the market have caused massive demand and price inflation over the years. They are passing on high costs because they caused high costs. And it's not difficult to stop corporate landlordism if we wanted to.
  16. Landlords have flooded the market over the last 20 years and all rent has done is increase more and more and more.
  17. Didn't they go in and smash all the ceilings off the clean rooms used to make the drones? Or is that a different factory? Not sure what's worrying about a description. I'm not worried.
  18. Bring kingy out of retirement in league 2 so he can complete the set
  19. Tbh I don't think it is. I think it's very simply a right we should all have. Beyond that it's just a question of safeguards for those with limited mental capacity. I don't think it could be simpler.
  20. Is there no picture to accompany this idea?
  21. Yeah but if you get her to play away for a night I bet she'd let you do anything after a decade with boring Rupert
  22. I don't see any link. 9/11 was 2001. Living standards were rising well beyond that. Brown was running a surplus after that. The reality is capitalism is failing ordinary people. It always existed too funnel wealth upwards, but it's now taking such a large slice that's not enough left for people to live on, and tax rates are going upwards because of how much of the national wealth is sat as assets instead of being liquid in the economy. This isn't a call for any particular alternative system but there needs to be recognition that the system itself has failed.
×
×
  • Create New...