Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

CornwallFox

Member
  • Posts

    2,207
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    2

Everything posted by CornwallFox

  1. At the same time, reform is polling at around 25% at a time when both the normal parties are struggling to engage their supporters. Doesn't really scream future winners to me.
  2. Snowman and it's follow up always for the win. C4 looks the best to me. Don't really watch much Xmas TV though, it's a bit defunct now we all watch Netflix series.
  3. I lived there until recently when I moved to where my name suggests now. So I've lived there for over 40 years. I don't disagree re homeless etc, I just think that's a wider society problem. Just on what the city has in a pretty crappy economy that's lasted for quite a few years now, I think what there is, is better than what there was. Loads more food choices
  4. Not looking to be argumentative but I think that's such nonsense. There's no clubs now. Music is crap now. Nobody goes out. But they aren't just Leicester issues. The city itself has gone 1/3rd of the way to knocking down all the crap that needed knocking down in the 80s.
  5. Why did you have that opinion? Every city is struggling with lack of football these days as your average person has less spending power than a few years ago. There's been huge improvements in Leicester over the last decade or two, highcross, cathedral quarter, market is improving, jubilee Square, curve and the bars opposite.... Loads better. Admittedly gallowtree gate has gone downhill but that's just because things have moved up the road. Haymarket should have been knocked down in the 90s.
  6. That is awful. Modern buildings are in general utterly terrible, with a few exceptions (I quite like the circular tower thing not far from this)
  7. If I could see any sort of gameplan I'd probably agree but I have slowly come to round to the fact both the players and manager are crap.
  8. We haven't got the full backs for Sunday league football
  9. This is what people are missing: they're genuinely doing the hard yards on the big stuff.
  10. If your idea is to dump weirdos on an island and leave them to fend for themselves on the outside of our society.... I've often wondered the same. But then I still think we should split the country in half, let Brexit supporters have one half, and the rest of us have the other half to rejoin the EU.
  11. I think the reality is that most people aren't racist, in the sense that they don't really have an issue with colour etc (I'm hugely generalising and I'm sure there's plenty on here with lived experience that might say otherwise), but the issue of immigration isn't just about colour/race/ethnicity. I think it's seen as an issue of fairness - they've not paid in yet they get everything, very similar to the way benefit recipients are viewed. But as @Jon the Hatalluded to earlier, an honest discussion about immigration has never really been allowed. One side refuses to acknowledge benefits and calls those open to immigration traitors. The other refuses to admit problems and calls the other side racists. Because one side hasn't been able to air their grievances, when a leader comes along who might well be racist - he does blame literally everything on immigrants - he says things they haven't been able to and suddenly he's "talking common sense", socking it "to the establishment" etc. Both sides have some blame here to different extents. I hate the way this country has gone on this issue and the way the right has gone about it, formenting real social problems.
  12. I hate to break it to you.... But he's popular BECAUSE he's a racist. Nobody will admit to that, of course. But you only have to read the comments on any news story about immigration or reform for it to be blindingly obvious.
  13. Might get a few bargains if you do that
  14. Korev. It's always korev. I love a cheap lager. Korev for the win. I do like ales, really enjoy a stout, but my go to will always be a cheap, relatively flavourless lager 🤣
  15. The fact the £4bn surplus didn't take account of two policy changes and was actually a £3bn deficit is pretty telling I'd say. Was obvious from the first second it was yet another Tory/Tory press pact to try to smear the government, yet again.
  16. Really appreciate all the input guys, really useful. Getting closer to taking the plunge on the house. It's 3 minutes from perranporth beach and location wise it's exactly what I've been looking for. I've not been down here as long as my username might suggest so getting my head around not having gas central heating like I always did in Leicester. My dad was a gas man so he'll have a fit when I tell him 🤣🤣
  17. Cheers for that, the middle bit is what worries me! There is a wood burner in one room which supposedly warms the house if you leave the door open but I'm unclear on how great that effect will be in a large three bed semi
  18. So is it good or bad in your view? Did you support previous discussion of it? I'm not a fan of this btw
  19. What a surprise BBC News - Reeves did not mislead on challenges facing UK ahead of Budget, says OBR official - BBC News https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/czj0ngnkl2vo Questioned by MPs over the chancellor not mentioning the surplus in the forecast, Prof Miles said the £4.2bn, while a positive number, "was by a tiny margin", adding that the OBR was not actually looking for it to be interpreted as "this is very, very good news, there is no hole to fill - as people were saying". "I don't think it was misleading, for my own view, for the chancellor to say that the fiscal position was very challenging at the beginning of that week. "My interpretation was, and others might interpret differently, that the chancellor was saying that this was a very difficult Budget and very difficult choices needed to be made. "And I don't think that that was in itself inconsistent with the final pre-measures assessment we'd made, which, although it showed a very small positive amount of so-called headroom, it was wafer thin." Prof Miles added that the £4.2bn buffer would also have been reduced to minus £3bn because the OBR's forecast did not take into account the welfare and winter fuel payment U-turns made by the government.
  20. Anybody ever had a house with modern electric heating rather than gas etc? By which I mean electric radiators etc, not a heat pump. House I'm looking at doesn't have mains gas - stuff like this is common down here - and so has electric. Great house and great location though so wondering how costly the heating gets?
  21. I don't disagree with that TBF
  22. No. Tbh if PSR hadn't been implemented we'd probably still be there too as we'd have been able to spend. But it was. And we managed it appallingly.
  23. Wish we'd kept him another year
  24. I think if I was reading the forum from afar I'd say most posters are left but it's the right leaning posters I tend to be in conversation with. Most of the reform platform - and to some extent the Tory platform - is identical to the BNP platform of 20 years ago. Some of these ideas ARE far right.
×
×
  • Create New...