-
Posts
2,207 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
2
Everything posted by CornwallFox
-
Sheffield United H Match Thread
CornwallFox replied to urban.spaceman's topic in Leicester City Forum
Yeah, don't bother -
They weren't inept, corrupt or lazy. The budget was fine and we're doing better economically that all the naysayers were moaning about.
-
The amount of land used for agriculture isn't going to go up
-
Only 70% of land is used for agriculture. There's plenty left
-
It's a total nonsense. Particularly from a party that spent a decade and a half pretending things were better than they really were
-
BBC News - No 10 denies Reeves misled public in run-up to Budget https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c4gex225p5jo Desperate stuff by the Tories. Complaining that the economy is better than they thought which apparently means the chancellor should be sacked 😵💫
-
Sheffield United (H) Saturday 29th November 12.30pm
CornwallFox replied to Corky's topic in Leicester City Forum
I suppose it depends on what the club think is realistic. Top's recent pronouncements appeared to be the first public admittance that we have some problems that are going to take time to resolve. Maybe they realise mid table is the best we're going to get, in which case sacking a manager that has us in mid table is a bit pointless. Let's be honest, promotion would just lead to another relegation even if it happened under another manager -
I'd like to see properly designed developments. I think we probably both agree on the terrible designs we see. I'm just not convinced people need to accept being a renting class and living in apartments. We need to remove landlords from the house buying equation is what we need to beyond anything else. It's always been the case that young people congregate near cities, grow up and have families and move away. What you describe is simply that. Moving well off families out to be replaced by the young is what's always happened.
-
Much prefer BST to GMT
-
Do people want to buy in cities though? I know some do but usually as you get a family or get older you don't want to, so housing is needed elsewhere too. Some new MK type towns could be built to create new hubs perhaps with both town and country living. The car based developments is a good point and I do hate the new estates with literally nothing but houses on them. That should be looked at to ensure proper hubs are developed. The 15 minute city idea is a fantastic one, but obviously there is a group of people, let's call them the reforbrexiters, that have convinced themselves it's all a conspiracy.
-
Sheffield United (H) Saturday 29th November 12.30pm
CornwallFox replied to Corky's topic in Leicester City Forum
Going to miss the first half. At least I'll have a half time score to look at to see if it's worth switching on the second half -
Tbf imagine you're a winger that's being doubled or tripled up on, and have a choice of playing back to Choudhury, inside top skipp or forward to Daka.
-
Mavididi was at his best under Enzo on the occasions we ignored instructions and counter attacked quickly. Just needs to be told to stop pratting about and run forwards very directly.
-
We need to build in both. Only 5% of the country is built on. We need to build and people want to live in different sort of locations. There's no reason we can't build in all types of location and still do plenty of good around biodiversity as well.
-
If that had been scored it would have been amongst the greatest team goals of all time.
-
I'm the short term, borrow to invest in measures that will bring about short and medium term growth. This may need to include measures to reduce cost pressures on business. Implement long term policies to provide business certainty. These measures would allow businesses to invest with clarity around things like a long term industrial strategy. That will support growth more quickly than the longer term solutions so far offered by the current government, allowing tax revenues to increase, giving opportunities for future tax rate reductions on individuals.
-
The issue isn't spending being too high. The issue is that our economy has been pretty stagnant for the last 15+ years, since the 2007 financial crisis, and so we're getting decreasing tax yields per % tax rate. Growth is what we need so that tax revenues increase without tax rates needing to increase - the issue was indeed austerity, which dampened any chance of growth at a point in time when interest rates were at record lows so we should have been borrowing to invest in and grow the economy. That would take allowed tax rates to fall. Instead they reached record highs under the Tories and have continued to rise so far under labour as their growth initiatives are pretty long term.
-
What a ridiculous day of trading, yet again, for EEE 🥳
-
Tbh I'm extremely doubtful people will be allowed to enjoy life once ai and robotics are everywhere. There'll be jobs people are expected to do. No way will the plebs get to relax through life
-
Your point about nuclear families assumes people go on benefits before having children, rather than people going on at all stages of life due to unfortunate or other circumstances arriving in their lives. I'm not sure the state should incentivise any particular life choices either personally. On the bit directed at my comment, around support for multiple children,vi don't really have a strong opinion on the two child cap tbh. The removal is obviously happening because the two child cap does create poverty as people have more than two children and are on benefits. And why should children be not be supported and left to be deprived due to an artificial rule? Let's be honest, that's no strong economic reason to have the two child cap, it's purely because people not on benefits baulk at those with multiple children getting benefits. You might not support people having children they can't afford (though see my other point above) but should the benefit system discriminate against those 3rd and 4th kids? I'm not sure it should. I don't know what the answer is and I'm not sure it's possible to reduce child poverty created by the cap Vs people being unhappy about the resulting benefit payments without the cap.
-
Somehow I'd never finished the first season but have been cramming since I discovered it was good! Just finished season 3 so no spoilers please!
-
Premier League has charged LCFC with an alleged breach of PSR
CornwallFox replied to moore_94's topic in Leicester City Forum
I mean there's plenty to complain about but I'm not sure having a black Friday sale is one of them 🤣 -
Ah my stupid bad. So it is, their share price almost seems entirely random at this point. Feel like it'll take them getting extraction actually happening before it settles down and we really know what we've all got. We're currently a few pence below my average purchase price still as I came in late
-
I need a bit more than that please 🤣 what is this?
-
Premier League has charged LCFC with an alleged breach of PSR
CornwallFox replied to moore_94's topic in Leicester City Forum
Yeah fair enough 🤣
