-
Posts
2,207 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
2
Everything posted by CornwallFox
-
If I saw a fly reading a book I'd leave it alone TBF
-
Protest at the Boro game. Mass walk out?
CornwallFox replied to Pliskin's topic in Leicester City Forum
These days? -
Grow up FFS. As if any of us have a say. This 'part of the problem' nonsense is childish.
-
Leicester vs Blackburn (H) 1/11/2025
CornwallFox replied to tinpot_fox's topic in Leicester City Forum
We've got into decent attacking positions more times than I can remember the rest of the season put together. -
Leicester vs Blackburn (H) 1/11/2025
CornwallFox replied to tinpot_fox's topic in Leicester City Forum
Actually at times looked half decent going forward until it gets to the final ball and our invisible striker. One half decent number 9 and we could have scored a few. -
Leicester vs Blackburn (H) 1/11/2025
CornwallFox replied to tinpot_fox's topic in Leicester City Forum
He really, really doesn't. He offers nothing. He does not press effectively. He does not know how to control a football. He doesn't score goals. He's an objectively terrible footballer. -
Leicester vs Blackburn (H) 1/11/2025
CornwallFox replied to tinpot_fox's topic in Leicester City Forum
Actually playing half decent without my threat, then concede from nowhere -
Blackburn (H) Sat 1 Nov @12:30, pre-match
CornwallFox replied to Phil Mitchell's topic in Leicester City Forum
Given we don't have a number 10 why don't we just stick 2 of our crap forwards up front and hope that they can combine, power ranger style, into the equivalent of one championship level forward. -
Blackburn (H) Sat 1 Nov @12:30, pre-match
CornwallFox replied to Phil Mitchell's topic in Leicester City Forum
Really hard to care -
Also, the same scientists that came up with the theories and evidence behind long term climate changes are the same ones screaming at the top of their lungs about the damage humanity is causing, and the existential nature of the threat.
-
Tbh if somebody has the get up and go to make their way across two seas on dinghies and across Europe, with almost no means of help, they deserve a job. That's the sort of gumption and effort we need in our labour force.
-
They've released emails where they instructed the letting agent to apply for the licence and the letting agent confirmed they would. She's done nothing wrong.
-
Fairly obviously the police did do a DNA test
-
This is completely false and a clear misunderstanding of asylum law. In order to claim asylum, an asylum seeker has to prove beyond reasonable doubt that they personally are at risk in a qualifying way within their own country. The onus is on them to prove their case. To do that they absolutely have to prove who they are. Destroying their ID documents would make it very, very difficult to successfully apply.
-
I'll give you a serious answer but my (semi) unserious answer is that nobody that has voted Tory at any time in the last 15 years can point elsewhere about broken promises. Re the spending rules, labour always come into government on the back foot because there's a weird belief the Tories are economically competent, despite all the evidence being the other way. I don't know why they tied themselves into this given we've had weak growth since about 2010 and investment is what awakens an economy. Will be interesting to see what they do re taxes. I'm still doubtful they'll break their manifesto pledges re IT, NI and VAT but we'll see I guess. I don't see how increasing tax on ordinary people helps the economy when the key issue is nobody has any money to spend. Winter fuel allowance. A strange one. The policy was a good one, though the level set was initially too low. The u turn corrected that but the whole thing was such a massive political own goal right at the start of government. Welfare - it's become such a political thing is lost the point of why welfare exists. We need some cross party consensus and some sensible discussion about benefit recipients. I get your point re u turns etc. some silly own goals in there. Some political point scoring elsewhere.
-
As I said, I'm torn. Re the Tory chancellor comment, I think that's what I've said. But even then I'm not sure I wouldn't have been wondering what exactly they did wrong. Trouble for starmar is that I can't see how it's much different to Rayner. Again, relied on the expertise of others and been let down. Ultimately has led to them breaking a rule, or law, or by-law, or whatever it is. Surely an independent report would again just find it was an accident but even so still a breach of the ministerial code? Tbh I'm not great fan of reeves. She's like a wooden doll half the time. And I'd rather labour broke free from their self imposed spending rules - there's never been a Tory government in history that's ever stuck to its own spending rules - so they can properly invest in the country.
-
The independent report also found she'd made an honest mistake. I'm a bit torn on it tbh. On one hand I have to recognise that if this had been a Tory chancellor I'd have definitely said they should go. So it's hard not to say that here. On the other hand, somebody renting out a house and their letting agent not mentioning they need a license specific to that locality feels more like a letting agent that needs firing. And who knows if that letting agent had an agenda.
-
So far they've stuck to them more closely than I've ever seen a government stick to a manifesto.
-
It's also a bit of a poor comparator. Particularly now GB energy exists as it'll mean the country owns whatever it oversees/buys. We don't own any of our fossil fuel energy sources. Plus subsidies to the clean energy sector include things like conversion schemes for households etc too bring them online, such as heat pump subsidies etc.
-
I wouldn't call myself a fan particularly. I voted for them. They're better than what came before.
-
Well, look, not looking to argue. I've said what I've said on this. No problem discussing the guy's background, and having an honest discussion about it, but just don't have time for the sort of woe is me victim mentality I see everywhere from reform fans. If you want to go into the detail of the case I'm all ears but otherwise I made my point so I'll leave you be now.
-
Maybe you should hold your horses instead of falling back into victim mentality next time. The world really isn't out to get you.
