Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

CornwallFox

Member
  • Posts

    2,206
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    2

Everything posted by CornwallFox

  1. No, my closest Aldi is in Newquay. Great western beach there.
  2. I'm surprised we can find common ground on a wealth tax but yeah it's so obviously the one form of taxation that wouldn't hit them electorally they surely will take the chance to use that? There's a lot of talk of us looking at Denmark's immigration system (minus the big payments Denmark makes) so there's likely going to be movement there soon. If you give me a wealth tax I'll give you gp charging, how about that 🤣
  3. Tbf this is the view from my local Aldi car park so I don't mind too much 😜
  4. And maybe it is coming but it won't end well for them. I do think they are held to a different standard than the last government. They lied comprehensively at every election, including over tax, yet some don't seem to ever quite admit that. Once you set out such clear manifesto promises they'll be fools to break them. They already know they have an uphill battle with media and social media, maybe labour need to learn to play the Tory game and just ignore reality, don't raise the taxes and just tell everything is fine when it isn't. If they do need to raise taxes which ones should they raise in your opinion?
  5. Precisely why I think they're just rumours from trouble making right wing rags. They've created a narrative around the coming budget that may or may not turn out to be true, but if it isn't then they've formented a lot of discontent simply by making things up. It's going to be an interesting budget after all the noise.
  6. I'm not sure you need to leak to know an income tax rise is going to be unpopular. They have all sorts of focus groups, surveys etc. I think it's just papers selling papers tbh but you might be right.
  7. Perhaps your explanation was true in the days of inside rights and inside lefts in the early days of football but it hasn't been like that for decades. A number 10 nowadays refers to the 'trequartista' type position that somebody like Riquelme played. It's between the oppositions midfield and defence. It usually doesn't have much defensive duty attached to it. For Leicester the closest we've had was Okazaki playing behind Vardy, though he worked a lot harder than your usual number 10. A number 8 is usually considered to be a box to box midfielder. Think Gerrard, who literally wore number 8, early Roy Keane, Bryan Robson.
  8. Are you joking or do you really think this?
  9. Think we need somebody experienced to come in and just get us working as a team. Tony Mowbray might fit the bill until the end of the season.
  10. Think if Norwich get the win he'll be sacked
  11. Probably time to unlock the door and give the place a quick once over
  12. Who still thinks we've got one of the best squads in the league?
  13. Never been the same after his injuries. Still has the skill, fantastic guy to have around the team, but not the old Ricardo (if he was he'd have gone years ago).
  14. I invite you to consider what the reaction might be if 9/11 happened on trump's watch
  15. Thing is a couple of games ago he missed some great chances but at least he got in the position to miss. Nobody else is even doing that so I'd have given him a pat on the back, kept him in the team and told him to keep getting into positions. One goal could change the finishing.
  16. I often think how awful Bush and Cheney seemed at the time but how moderate they now seem compared to what's in place currently.
  17. This is exactly the game for Sergeant to bang in a brace. Who knows. Hope we might win this one.
  18. They did have the world's best defensive midfielder I'm front of them TBF
  19. Pretty much non of the ideas in the media before the last one made it into the real budget so I take it all with a pinch of salt until the day arrives.
  20. I'm going to be sorely disappointed if some of the home help ones aren't ridiculously fit. Sci-fi has promised me this.
  21. Kenny, I like how you approach these conversations. I'm prepared to accept labour aren't doing great on the economy ATM. But the Tories left the entire country in an absolute state. Public services are a disaster zone. They were the worst government of all time, hands down, even in rishi was marginally better than what went before.
  22. Some of the things seen in recent years have been utterly absurd. In Pakistan 2/3 years ago and area the size of England was flooded. China saw a huge long stretch of temperatures over 40° in a similar timeframe. 40° starting to become a summer norm in southern Europe. The UK wasn't supposed to see 40° for another 50 years even on the worst climate models yet we saw it on a similar timespan to the above. Really scary times are coming over the next 15 years. By then, nobody will be laughing any more.
  23. Oh I agree I just didn't pay attention to the first bit
  24. No, I can't. But then maybe that's something that comes with hindsight when his time here ends. Not many at the time have Puel any credit but actually some of the recruitment was fantastic (admittedly Macia had a lot to do with that - he was our biggest loss btw) and he did start us down the road towards the kind of football that should have seen us champions League regulars under Rodgers if we didn't have a group of bottlers.
×
×
  • Create New...