Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

CornwallFox

Member
  • Posts

    2,206
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    2

Everything posted by CornwallFox

  1. Tbh we should let asylum seekers work as they do in other countries. They can do activities for councils to help pay for their keep while claims are processed.
  2. you might be right, I just get annoyed by a constant stream of talking down of women's football on social media I think
  3. Let's hope the new manager sends them to train with the youth team if they keep it up.
  4. Which is true but also utterly irrelevant. They're different sports. Like male and female tennis. Men and women are physiologically different. Obviously men would beat women, what's the point here? The best female players are the best players in the world in their sport. Participation has increased dramatically in the last decade so the quality should improve too but that's no point comparing apples and oranges. The dimensions of goals were created to suit the male goalkeeper. Women are smaller. So obviously they will find it harder to reach the top corners. But you still get boring blokes complaining about female goalkeepers. This subject bothers me as I've coached female football. My daughter has played it. I cannot stand the type of guy that goes on social media to make stupid points about young guys beating adult women. Like, so what? It's irrelevant.
  5. Basically labour have 4 years to reduce illegal immigration and also improve cost of living dramatically, or we're going to witness farage destroy everything in his path as the worst excesses of capitalism on steroids is let loose on us all.
  6. I suppose ayew could at least play by holding up the ball and getting runners beyond him. I don't want that to be what we end up with but at least it's something
  7. I would put Evans in for Daka now. He can't be worse, it isn't possible.
  8. Daka is genuinely the worst footballer I've seen in a city shirt in 35 years of supporting them. Like a competition winner. I'm constantly stunned some here still claim things like we just don't play to his strengths. His only strength is running fast but as soon as he goes near the ball it's like he's trying to ice skate in slick shoes.
  9. Honestly, I could've told you everything about every team a few years ago but football is incredibly boring now. Low block, tactics over ingenuity, positioning over chaos has ruined the game. Guardiola introduced an incredible brand of football, he is a genius, but unfortunately it's completely taken the fun out of football. I can barely watch a city game let alone watch anybody else. I went to most games under Enzo and I've never been so bored in my life half the time, despite smashing the league up.
  10. Yeah thanks that's kinda what I was getting at. I understand he'd be a £16-20m hit in terms of the purchase cost hitting this year. But elsewhere in our accounts we would definitely save his wages from this year's calculation, offsetting the transfer cost element. So my question is do we know whether the PSR rules allow you to also consider rest of contract wages as a saving, given that they do that with the transfer cost. Now it may be that nobody is sure as I think the way transfers are dealt with under PSR is fairly well known, but I'm thinking about whether there are technicalities in the rules that we aren't thinking about.
  11. Surely it depends what we sell him for? Although granted I wouldn't think we could get even half what we paid, and I assume what you mean is if he's on a 5 year contract we have a cost of £5m per year plus wage of let's say £2.5m = £7.5m. If we sell does the remaining £20m transfer first count into this year? presumably offset by not paying £2.5m wages, or do we get to offset the remaining contract value of wages of £10m? So we would need to sell for either £17.5m or £10m to offset the loss? Or am I looking at that wrong?
  12. Without knowing who leaves it's hard to say. Our midfield and wings as it stands are way above the competition. But if we go into the season with Daka up front then we have huge problems.
  13. We are terrible at sales but the problem stems from us being terrible at contracts and overpaying terrible players
  14. Daphne is the hot one but you just know Thelma would be freaky AF. Is this the point you were trying to make?
  15. Only if you believe what you read online or in the papers. Which is pretty much 100% made up.
  16. Ok this is the sort of exotic nonsense I can get behind. Never heard of him but a bloody Spaniard! Get in! Sexy football here we come.
  17. I think we'd all be happy with this TBF
  18. Then let's go get Phil Scolari, bring back a load of old Brazilians from retirement and play some Samba football. Just bored of being bored at this point.
  19. If it's him I'll give him a chance. Would love some unheard of manager from the other side of the globe to turn up unexpectedly, just got something interesting to happen as much as anything else, but Rudkin doesn't have that kind of imagination.
  20. Depressing.
  21. I think if UK TV showed more world news we'd have less of an issue with climate change denial. Couple of years ago Pakistan had an area the size of Britain flooded. There's been hugely increased temperature peaks across the globe. Freak weather events are becoming more frequent and bigger in scope, exactly as expected. But we don't see it on TV unless it happens here, or to a lesser extent, the US.
  22. Sorry if it's answered elsewhere but what experience has Kingy got of coaching to date? I know he's been doing something at city for a short time but has he done anything elsewhere? Not against us taking a punt over the likes of Chris Wilder but just wondered.
  23. I said it on city thread but it's 24 hour news and the need to fill time that's partly to blame. But even more, it's gamification of politics. An intentional attempt to split the country by some vague notion of 'values' to create an us Vs them society. Very like the US. Republicans and democrats actually hate each other and that's what certain media outlets are successfully recreating here. Ordinary people go on social media and just parrot the lines of their side and get angry with each other. It's hugely sad and I'm not a fan of what we've become as a result.
  24. This book value fixation needs to end. You still lose more keeping the player than selling them. Not that I think the club will want to sell Skipp.
  25. I think 24 hour news is to blame. Everybody expects everything to happen instantly. Not even just a football observation tbh. If it's going to happen there will be multiple moving parts, relax everybody.
×
×
  • Create New...