Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Spudulike

Member
  • Posts

    13,699
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    2

Everything posted by Spudulike

  1. Me too. That's why I'd love to see some wall sculpture/art included in the stadium makeover celebrating the Bloomfield Boys.
  2. Didn't notice any of that Some filthy Scouse blew his nose on my mates City scarf outside Villa Park. Hated them ever since.
  3. I went to every one of those games in the '74 Cup run as a 15 year old. Convinced that we would win it after growing up with the heatbreaking FA Cup stories told by my dad and uncles. Probably why our eventual win was so special even though I couldn't go.
  4. I got crushed behind that goal. Couldn't even get my hands in the air! I'd never heard of the Youngster (he was older than me!) before that.
  5. Respect for lighting up your stadium in blue the day after Vichai died.
  6. I've mentioned it before but just be aware that Bristol operates a CAZ. Anyone with a Euro 5 (or earlier) diesel I'd suggest being very careful where you go (or pay £9 to avoid the fine).
  7. It's mostly about taking chances. Our finishing has been woeful in recent weeks and it's cost us. And if we end up chasing the game we need to stop those useless floated, chipped to the back post crosses.
  8. No mention of Hamza's availability.
  9. Were we time wasting in that second half? Don't really notice it so much on the telly and thought perhaps I was seeing it through a different lens. However, I don't remember anything as shamelessly obvious as what we've endured from the opposition in the last two home games. Not sure that we've ever been very good at it, which is alright.
  10. Anyone remember going to the FA Cup match at the old Boothferry Park during the McLintock era? In particular the attempt to escape enmass out of the car park towards the town to find a pub and ended up sitting down on a major road as the police wouldn't let us out. Batons drawn, the lot. The good old days About the only time we won away that season.
  11. JJ to play right back if Hamza and Ricky P unavailable?
  12. Get the feeling that we've read this script before. We just cannot rely on one goal, we know how it ends.
  13. Sunderland are one of the medias darlings as their manager ran on the pitch in 1973.
  14. Gone to the Willy Wonka experience.
  15. C'mon lads. Just take the chances this time. I need a peaceful sleep tonight.
  16. Notice how the media (BBC) only refer to the record being 9 nil (Premier League) but never mention the away record of 0-9 (all time top flight record away win).
  17. I think that many of the out-of-the-woodwork types arrived when we last won the Championship. Remember the queues around the stadium for season tickets. I think that most would've fuch'd off by now if we hadnt managed the great escape.
  18. Mads seemed to be waving his arms around and having a go after the second goal. No quite Kasper proportions but still.....
  19. We are just too nice. From the club to the players to the fans. No edge. We are a soft touch and have to toughen up very soon.
  20. When you say 'we' do you mean LCFC use it? Have EON vacated it?
  21. Is the EON building still in use? I never go past during weekdays when it's likely to be occupied. Same with the National Grid building around the back of the East Stand.
  22. If they can't or won't get on with the expansion for the foreseeable then what we now have needs some serious tarting up. It's shabby and neglected.
  23. I've not been there since it had its make over. I think the last time we were there people were falling over backless seats and trying to work out *who scored from behind the metal roof supports. * Chris Wood hatrick and Matty James.
  24. Be careful to avoid the CAZ. £9 if you need to enter or a fine if you don't. Check if your car is exempt.
  25. Not as bad as the adverts for Nottingham Airport
×
×
  • Create New...