Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TrickyTrev

The Arctic Monkeys

Basically its being plugged that if you liked 'I bet that you look good on the dancefloor' then you will like the album. Ive heard most of it and its pretty good, Mardy Bum being my personal fav. The cover of Girls Alouds' 'Love machine' on Jo 'I love everyone' Whileys show was the mutts as well!

Basically its being plugged that if you liked 'I bet that you look good on the dancefloor' then you will like the album. Ive heard most of it and its pretty good, Mardy Bum being my personal fav. The cover of Girls Alouds' 'Love machine' on Jo 'I love everyone' Whileys show was the mutts as well!

Yeh definitely the best, but I can't stop thinking he's doing a George Formby Impression :blush:

That's Formby not Foreman!

Yes the accent is very regionalised but I think that it adds to their charm

Oh definitely, it also helps him as a wordsmith being able to use slang the way he does, just listened to A Certain Romance and the lyrics are amazing but they wouldn't be the same if written in the Queens English.

Oh definitely, it also helps him as a wordsmith being able to use slang the way he does, just listened to A Certain Romance and the lyrics are amazing but they wouldn't be the same if written in the Queens English.

Very true - The Arctics officially rock :thumbup:

i don't know if i am on my own with this, but i'm actually not liking them very much at the moment, i'm just not. perhaps i should keep listening and a may be converted

No I think you either like them or you don't but keep listening you never know :thumbup:

Watch the live performances on the link

i don't know if i am on my own with this, but i'm actually not liking them very much at the moment, i'm just not. perhaps i should keep listening and a may be converted

Id agree they are an aquired taste but ill be honest and say that I hated 'I bet you look good on the dancefloor' when I first heard it but then I kept singing it without thinking and thought if I cant beat them, join them! :D

You're not... I wasn't keen at all. The album is now on repeat as I really lke it!!!!

Still over hyped though, it's a good album, but not miles ahead of other albums released in the last year as some think IMO

Doesn't actually feel as fresh and new as I might have expected.

Exactly what I think... people compare it to Definately Maybe but that defined a generation because it was fresh and a little different IMO.

The monkeys are just another guitar band similar to quite a few at the mo, still good though.

Exactly what I think... people compare it to Definately Maybe but that defined a generation because it was fresh and a little different IMO.

The monkeys are just another guitar band similar to quite a few at the mo, still good though.

We're get dangerously close to agreeing on everything mate!

Shall we have a big argument? :P

Archived