Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TrickyTrev

The Arctic Monkeys

I thought I'd just gloat at my prediction coming true (note dated septemeber the 1st, pre-mega-hype) on the eve of their second single going to number one as will their debut album. :whistle:

Going to see them for a second time on the 11th, its going to be brilliant! :)

Why has "Scummy" been changed to "When the sun goes down"?

Their album's out tomorrow. Can't wait.

It's gonna be the biggest-selling debut album EVER!

Let's hope their arrival finally lays the festering heap of sh!te called Oasis to rest... :devil:

I honestly wouldn't be at all surprised if that were the case.

and so here we are, footprints on the ceiling and screaming the words in each others faces, sharing in it like a party we might have hoped it could have been had we closed our eyes and dreamed hard enough on the bus on the way into town. An Arctic Monkey or four screaming at I the Rev Rarsclart, eyes bulging, faces red with the joy of it all. London, Glasgow, Wakefield wherever...

And the people who have shared it. Those who felt some connection with getting on their Dancing Shoes, a Mardy Bum or Scummy Man or something. There's these moments on which it all turns. I have two or three, London, a French Kiss in the Chaos. Maybe even a full house and not Al, as lead singer. You might have others where you first felt something stir in your belly. Or you might be reading all this and this is your first taste if the whole thing. Not that it should ever be exclusive, like a club or anything nasty like that, or a commodity. Like a big mac meal or something. It‚s more. Its everyman and for I, that is the point of it all, the message and the romance. For as we approach yet more forks in the road, bear left or turn right I hope that may continue.

Cos‚ after all what is it if not an adventure? Like getting on a bus to the other end of town and your not really sure where it goes but you get on anyway. As I started out the Arctic's four screaming faces, spoke to the people who had traveled for eight hours in a micra, or as I tried to sleep, listening out of the window at some drunken lads singing dancing shoes at four in the morning, it dawned on me that there are no leaders in all this or no plan or scheme, other than what's unfolding. People understanding it, relating to it, not relating to it but dancing to it, whatever. Everythings happened yet nothings really happened at all. Why set flags in the sand, it could all end tomorrow and it be back to the local and the chippy afterwards, or it could run and run and run to places unknown. Dreams and schemes and bla bla bla. But the reasons it started are as pure today as they ever were and that's gotta be a damm sight better then formed a band, drank some JD, took some drugs, had some birds or whatevers cool these days. All thats left to say is, welcome to anyone and long live it all say...

Well there it is! It was definitely called Scummy Man

Most of the tracks didn't have titles but and it only picked up the name "scummy" because that is what fans had labelled the mp3 files. Apparently the band had never called it that or anything else other than when the sun goes down.

The album is blinding but I think a couple of the tracks could have been cut out of it and Bigger Boys and Stolen Sweethearts should have been in there.

The Album is upon us, the album of the decade, no other band apart from the Streets have written about working-class Britain like this. An album full of stories about the weekend.

I'm just here to clafily a few things through my opinion.

1. NME. Wankers. Install them as their own. When they have rightly built their success on downloads plus mainly the music be good.

2. Every decade/generation needs a band which symbolises the public feelings and culture.

They have pulled it off in making a masterpiece, A Certain Romance is one of the best tracks ever. Listen to lyrics super good. Alex Turner isn't a poet, just a master storyteller.

Concerns

1. Over-production. See Bigger Boys And Stolen Sweethearts B-Side.

2. The AM are writing songs about their surroundings, I just hope it continues as the AM's get swallowed up by the Music industry.

All in all, well done Arctic Monkeys, they have created a sound for our generation.

Most of the tracks didn't have titles but and it only picked up the name "scummy" because that is what fans had labelled the mp3 files. Apparently the band had never called it that or anything else other than when the sun goes down.

The album is blinding but I think a couple of the tracks could have been cut out of it and Bigger Boys and Stolen Sweethearts should have been in there.

:thumbsup:

Their album's out tomorrow. Can't wait.

It's gonna be the biggest-selling debut album EVER!

Let's hope their arrival finally lays the festering heap of sh!te called Oasis to rest... :devil:

I think FASTEST selling is a cert, not biggest selling!!! If they sell 7m albums i'll eat my hat.

The Album is upon us, the album of the decade, no other band apart from the Streets have written about working-class Britain like this. An album full of stories about the weekend.

I'm just here to clafily a few things through my opinion.

1. NME. Wankers. Install them as their own. When they have rightly built their success on downloads plus mainly the music be good.

2. Every decade/generation needs a band which symbolises the public feelings and culture.

They have pulled it off in making a masterpiece, A Certain Romance is one of the best tracks ever. Listen to lyrics super good. Alex Turner isn't a poet, just a master storyteller.

Concerns

1. Over-production. See Bigger Boys And Stolen Sweethearts B-Side.

2. The AM are writing songs about their surroundings, I just hope it continues as the AM's get swallowed up by the Music industry.

All in all, well done Arctic Monkeys, they have created a sound for our generation.

AND F**KING RADIO 1 AND JO WILEY!!!!!!!

I can't see it beating Definitely Maybe as the fastest selling debut Album that sold 7 Million

Especially now days with with people nicking them off the net. Then again back then people jusst taped the albums off other people so i suppose there has always been that going on.

I'd be amazed if this record was still selling thousands of copies a year in ten years time like Def' Maybe still is.

Good luck to the guys though. I just hope they can live upto the hype!!

I can't see it beating Definitely Maybe as the fastest selling debut Album that sold 7 Million

They are on course to break week ONE sales figures. Def maybe was something like 50k in the first week I think. May be wrong but i'm sure i read that.

Archived