Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Humey

Season ...........Openin. Subst. Goals Yellows

Season 02-03 ........0...........1........0...........0

Season 03-04 .......41..........9.......13..........6

Season 04-05 .......48 .........2 ......16........11

Well, his yellow card total is inferior to his goal total :P

Season ...........Openin. Subst. Goals Yellows

Season 02-03 ........0...........1........0...........0

Season 03-04 .......41..........9.......13..........6

Season 04-05 .......48 .........2 ......16........11

Well, his yellow card total is inferior to his goal total :P

Hope he makes a few assists or at least indirectly provides goals by giving more space to his fellow attacker. We heavily rely on De Vries/Hammond scoring goals now, as Hume clearly isn't a goal machine (one goal every 3 games)...

HUme isnt a goal scorer hes a creative player. But a goal every 3 games is not bad for a creative player is it?

Never said it was...I'm just pointing out he ISN'T a goalscorer, and we currently don't have a proven goal scorer in our ranks since Connolly's been sold... That is my worry

I think people are getting themselves all worked up over this 'goal scorer' tag. Yes, it is amazing to have a 20 goal a season striker but it's how the team plays that's the most important. Connolly was a 20 goal a season player but didn't reach that target, mainly because of the way we played last season and mainly because he had a bad season in front of goal.

Iain Hume's record might indicate he's not a 20 goal a season man, but at 21 he could easily become one. You only have to look at others in this division who have suddenly found their scoring boots such as Richard Cresswell and Andy Gray, both had pretty average scoring records but recently they have hit 20 goals a season. The fact that Hume is a gifted footballer and will not only create chances for himself but for others can only be good news for Leicester.

I have every faith that Hume could aid Elvis and de Vries in front of goal and chip in with 10-15 himself. That will give us a good enough chance to win our fair share of matches.

Let's chill out and see what happens, Levein might play Hume in a different role to where he usually plays and he might score alot more. If anyone can score belters from 30 yards on a regular basis, will find it pretty easy to score from close range aswell. I'm quietly confident this lad is the real deal.

I think people are getting themselves all worked up over this 'goal scorer' tag. Yes, it is amazing to have a 20 goal a season striker but it's how the team plays that's the most important. Connolly was a 20 goal a season player but didn't reach that target, mainly because of the way we played last season and mainly because he had a bad season in front of goal.

Iain Hume's record might indicate he's not a 20 goal a season man, but at 21 he could easily become one. You only have to look at others in this division who have suddenly found their scoring boots such as Richard Cresswell and Andy Gray, both had pretty average scoring records but recently they have hit 20 goals a season. The fact that Hume is a gifted footballer and will not only create chances for himself but for others can only be good news for Leicester.

I have every faith that Hume could aid Elvis and de Vries in front of goal and chip in with 10-15 himself. That will give us a good enough chance to win our fair share of matches.

Let's chill out and see what happens, Levein might play Hume in a different role to where he usually plays and he might score alot more. If anyone can score belters from 30 yards on a regular basis, will find it pretty easy to score from close range aswell. I'm quietly confident this lad is the real deal.

Spot on, quality post

Hi Prentonian

Pretty good analysis of Humey.

I have been watching him for a while, I am a Foxes fan but I live about 200 yards from Prenton Park so I keep an aye on events there too.

I think if we can all relax about the fact that he's not established 20+ goal a season man with a 1:2 scoring ratio (If he was he would have cost us a LOT more) I think we have got ourselves a good player.

We may not achieve great things this season (There is probably a little too much player development and 'bedding in' to be done), but we have a talented young squad and the future is looking good.

Simon

I just want to clarify that I don't mind if Hume isn't an out an out goalscorer. I'm greatly looking forward to his time here. I'm just worried where the goals are going to come from. Connolly was hitting form from the off, while the others have only 1 goal between them. Hopefully Hume is the type that can assist the others, as we badly need them to score goals...

I just want to clarify that I don't mind if Hume isn't an out an out goalscorer. I'm greatly looking forward to his time here. I'm just worried where the goals are going to come from. Connolly was hitting form from the off, while the others have only 1 goal between them. Hopefully Hume is the type that can assist the others, as we badly need them to score goals...

Gudjonsson?

The goal are coming from all over the pitch so its not that much of a worry for me. At the moment anyway.

:P Was reading the thoughts of others on the OS over the last couple of days, most of those that post on there had good words to say, although there was the odd one or two slating him before he'd even kicked a ball, i myself think he's a good asset. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::D:)

1 in 3, better record than Connolly here :thumbup: , especially if you discount penalties :o

Why should you discount penalties?. Do you discount accidental rebounds, miskicks, goalkeeper's letting an easy shot through their legs.

Goals are goals and shots that hit the woodwork count nothing despite commentators saying so-and-so should have won cos they hit the post/bar three times. It means nothing, It's as pointless as saying we'll struggle somewhere cos we haven't won there for three years.

Your point presumably is that penalties are free gifts. Well, not if you miss em they're not. And when Connolly missed his first one last season he took weeks and weeks to recover.

Agree with you though that Humey's ratio is pretty decent. And he sounds like he's got a good attitude.

Hume was not Tranmere's penalty taker, therefore his record of one in three could be even better if he scored all of Tranmere's penalties as well. The idea of discounting penalties was centred more around comparing their goals from open play totals than saying penalties are worth nothing.

Okay. Valid point in that case. :)

Its not really a valid point. Hume has taken soime penalties for us and missed them. I think his recent record is 1 in 4 including a retaken one, (by Ryan Taylor). This is excluding shoot outs.

Its really quite depressing and emotional seeing Leicester fans online names and signatures containing Humey's name or picture. He really is a star and his loyalty and passion is second to none. :mellow::(:cry:

Its not really a valid point. Hume has taken soime penalties for us and missed them. I think his recent record is 1 in 4 including a retaken one, (by Ryan Taylor). This is excluding shoot outs.

Its really quite depressing and emotional seeing Leicester fans online names and signatures containing Humey's name or picture. He really is a star and his loyalty and passion is second to none. :mellow::(:cry:

My sympathies to you, we've all been in this position though ay. Im sure Craig Levein will help him develop into an even better player than he is now.

Archived