Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Humey

According to Tranmere fans and from what i've seen of this lad he's exceptionally skillful and quick.

When was the last time we had a player like this? There's been so many games i've watched in the past where the opposition have had a skillful and quick player who's ripped us to shreds and now we finally have got one.

If Hume sticks to his game and we play to his strengths, we will have a right crowd pleaser. Even though he's not a 25 goals a season man means nothing, it's evident he can score goals and can set just as many up so just because we haven't got a prolific goal scorer doesn't mean we will struggle. The team needs to find a system that utilises the players we've got, just like all successful teams do.

Welcome Iain, looking forward to seeing your passionate displays in a City shirt.

I reckon we have signed a good player, who has potential and is young! I think CL will bring the best out of the player and he WANTS to play in the Championship/Premiership so thats good because we will see some energetic performances!

He was born in Scotland but plays for Canada, probably a Canadian grandparent or something :P I suppose we'll see when he gets interviewed which accent he has.

He was born in Edinburgh, but emigrated to Canada when he was very young. Apparently he's got a scouse accent though, very bizarre.

Afraid he did just start to get a scouce accent. You boys have got ya self a real bargain there. His effort is un rivaled by anyone else i have seen play. He never gives up and add to that the skill on the ball he posseses and his bullet shots from 30 yards out and theres no question he is worth more than 500-750K. Enjoy him guys i certainly did. Seriously, what he gave for TRFC was awesome.

Also his loyalty is un questionable. He turned down moves to Preston and Sheff Wed in order to help us gain promotoin so that he could stay with us, but when we failed he was unevitably going to follow Ryan Taylor out of the door.

Afraid he did just start to get a scouce accent. You boys have got ya self a real bargain there. His effort is un rivaled by anyone else i have seen play. He never gives up and add to that the skill on the ball he posseses and his bullet shots from 30 yards out and theres no question he is worth more than 500-750K. Enjoy him guys i certainly did. Seriously, what he gave for TRFC was awesome.

Also his loyalty is un questionable. He turned down moves to Preston and Sheff Wed in order to help us gain promotoin so that he could stay with us, but when we failed he was unevitably going to follow Ryan Taylor out of the door.

he really is that good then??? i hope he shines for us...we're in need of someone passionate!

Where is his best position? Would he be best to play alongside a natural centre forward, so he can drop off deep and get the ball?

He is the kind of player that you will be a ble to build your team around in a few years. He copes well playing off a tall natural striker. But me along with a lot of other TRFC fans felt that he shone when coming from deep. Almost playing the link between attack and midfield. His passion also means he can more than cope with holding his own in middle. He wont need covering by a Hard tackling CM.

Hi there Leicester fans! (all soon to be BIG Iain Hume fans!)

Just wanted to see what you guys are expecting of the young Scouse talking, Scottish born, Canada International.

I've taken the liberty of copying his profile from the tranmere site I'm a regular on (www.whitereview.co.uk). By all means stop by in a few weeks and let us know how he's getting on).

Anyhow, here's the profile:

Iain Hume is in the Tranmere Rovers history books. On making his first team debut as a substitute at the County Ground against Swindon in April 2000, he became the youngest player to wear a Tranmere shirt at the age of just 16 years and 167 days. He took this record off one Dixie Dean, and will be hoping to achieve some of Dixie's other records too. That would be nice, wouldn't it?

He is a Scottish-born Canadian and if anyone hears him talking, he has a Scouse accent to boot! Born in Edinburgh, he emigrated with his family to Canada at a very young age. He was a member of the Canadian premier soccer academy that toured England in 1998 that faced a Tranmere Under 16 side. This is where the small, robust forward was spotted by Rovers' scouts and shortly after he signed schoolboy terms at Prenton Park.

On turning 17, manager at the time John Aldridge handed Hume his first professional contract and eased him into the first team with many substitute appearances. In fact it wasn't until October 2001 that Iain actually made his full debut for Rovers against Cardiff City.

It wasn't until the 2002/03 season that the Canadian actually forced himself into the team on a regular basis. Over 2 years passed after his debut at Swindon before he bagged his first senior goal for the club, scoring Rovers' goal in a 1-1 home draw against Peterborough. He formed a good partnership in attack with Simon Haworth during this period and ended the season on a high. He scored spectacular goals against Blackpool and Cardiff City, the latter voted Rovers' Goal of the Season. He also achieved the accolade of Rovers' Young Player of the Year 2002/03 as well to cap off a good season for the pacey frontman.

He may not be the tallest player but his enormous leap means he can be dangerous in the air but it is his extreme pace and skill which gives defenders nightmares and delights the Tranmere supporters.

A full Canadian international and a potential match-winner, Hume is a vital part of the Rovers squad.

Nationality:

Canadian

Date of Birth:

30/10/1983

Height:

170cm

Weight:

70.82kg

Place of birth

Edinburgh

Season ...........Openin. Subst. Goals Yellows

Season 02-03 ........0...........1........0...........0

Season 03-04 .......41..........9.......13..........6

Season 04-05 .......48 .........2 .......16........11

Season 05-06 .........5..........2.........1..........0

Total ....................94.........14........30 .......17

Good luck to Humey and to Leicester. I hope he brings as much excitement to your games as he did to ours :)

Archived