Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Team Talk

I can't understand how anyone could drop Joey based on this season's performances either :huh:

I`d drop joey or anyone else for someone better, thats just common sense.

I think joey and williams have improved since april, but together there never going to guide us to promotion.

The great thing compared to last season is, in midfield atleast, we have great strength in depth, and if we need a change, we can change all 4 and have atleast what we had last season.

Didn't he only play once, and we got a 0-0 draw? :huh::S

I think he was there when the reserves lost six and in Norway when we lost 5? I did say the team he was playing in - not necessarily the first team. Even so he might have been a good player in a poor side, He just seemed to fall out of the picture after the reserves defeat and I'd forgotten him as an option. How good is he in reality? Any views.

I think he was there when the reserves lost six and in Norway when we lost 5? I did say the team he was playing in - not necessarily the first team. Even so he might have been a good player in a poor side, He just seemed to fall out of the picture after the reserves defeat and I'd forgotten him as an option. How good is he in reality? Any views.

I've seen him play for the reserves a number of times, and also witnessed his performance down at Plymouth. To me, he seems a player with potential, who could become an accomplished player at left back. He's fairly quick and good in the tackle. He can also get forward and has an excellent cross on him. He looks a better prospect than Gilbert, but maybe that's unfair to judge at this stage as he's evidently not match fit.

How good is he in reality? Any views.

He was MOTM (or boy ;) ) at kettering. He did really well against celtic, and he was good enough for first team action before that, so where is he craig?

I think im a decent judge, and i say hes our best LB.

He was MOTM (or boy ;) ) at kettering. He did really well against celtic, and he was good enough for first team action before that, so where is he craig?

Possibly done something to ruffle management??

We all think we are decent judges when it comes to football, but we'll never be able to prove it sadly ;)

We all think we are decent judges when it comes to football, but we'll never be able to prove it sadly ;)

I don't know judging from some comments :whistle: its probably just as well :)

(4-4-2):

----------------------Douglas-----------------------

------------------------------------------------------

--Maybury--Johansson--Gerrbrand--Sheehan--

--Hammil-----Hughes---Gudjonsson---Wilcox---

----------------Hume-------------------------------

---------------------------Hammond---------------

Bench: Henderson, Stearman, Kisnorbo, Williams & De Vries

:- Sheehan has definatly been overlooked this season and deserves to get the left back starting role, Stearman meanwhile has been great - but I would still just put Maybury ahead of him down the right. Gerrbrand and Johansson have potential to be strong in the middle of defense. Sylla hasn't really shown much recently after a good start so I'd place Hammil down the right to give more of what he has seemingly done so far. Hughes when back to full fitness will be more of a handfull than Williams, while Joey deserves at the moment to keep his place. Wilcox down the left due to what I saw he could do alongside Sheehan more than anything, they worked well together...and then Hume just behind Hammond upfront.

Difficult to choose a team for me actually, Tiatto, Dublin, McCarthy and Sylla all miss the bench here.

So you can't really hold any kind of argument against BenFilbert then...

I was asking him why he wanted to replace someone who's widely agreed on being one of the best performers so far, with someone who hasn't played yet, and really comes with a mixed reputation from Hearts.

I was asking him why he wanted to replace someone who's widely agreed on being one of the best performers so far, with someone who hasn't played yet, and really comes with a mixed reputation from Hearts.

...and I for one agree with you. :thumbup: I would be appalled, make that disgusted, if Kisnorbo comes straight into the team in place of Gudjonsson after Joey's performances this season.

Ok my line-up, a bit experimental at the back, but could work i think.

--------------------------------Henderson------------------------

---Stearman------Gerrbrannd------Johansson---------Sheehan

---Hughes---------Gudjonsson----Williams------------Hamill

--------------------Hume------------Hammond-------------

No maybury i know but i really do think Stearman offers more in every department apart from experience obviously and maybury at LB just doesn't work for me. No Douglas as well and even tho he gets a load of stick i still rate him but i've heard Henderson is a real talent! Kisnorbo is another one left out, purely because of joeys performances this season and long may they continue! No MDV upfront who i also quite rate but it annoys me for someone that tall to not win headers and i know he is good at other things but having two fast strikers is best option i think. No Sylla because doesn't seem interested anymore and had so much promise when signed. No Wilcox, doesn't track back to defend. No McCarthy because gives away too many silly freekicks! No Gilbert, a lot to learn, always looks nervous. Young, unexperienced side BUT potential is there, could crash and burn and would never expect CL to try it in near future, just a thought anyway! :S

Even if kisnorbo is a better player?

Yes, even if Kisnorbo is a better player (which I doubt judging from the comments of various Hearts fans). Joey has been our most consistent midfielder this season and no way deserves to be dropped. I am a firm believer that if a player is playing well then you shouldn't drop him even if a supposedly better player comes back to fitness.

So you'd drop Joey, who's arguably been our most consistent player this season, for Kisnorbo 'who sounds good'? :blink:

It's my opinion of the team and it's also my opinion that Joey isn't good enough. If Kisnorbo is good then he's better than Joey, in my opinion.

Archived