Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Team Talk

Okay, now the Transfer Window has been closed, and assuming Kisnorbo and Hughes are now available after injury, but Gerrbrand is out, what does the forum believe is our best available team?

I'd go

Douglas;

Maybury, Nils, McCarthy, Stearman;

Hume, Hughes, Williams, Hamill;

Hammond, MDV.

Subs: Dublin, Kisnorbo, Joey, (probably starting in away matches) Tiatto , Momo/Willcox

This has reasonable pace, flexibility width-wise and good scoring potential.

........................rabi doug

maybury...nils eric....paddy...stears

momo......Williams.....hughes....tiatto

hume.....elvis

thats what id have............

recently momo has been poor so maybe for joey at on the right has a good hit on him...

Rab;

Maybury, Nissa, Paddy, Sheehan;

Hughes, Williams, Joey;

Hammond, De Vries, Hume;

Subs: Stearman, Dublin, Hamill, Tiatto, Kisnorbo

I believe we can cause a lot of damage with this team/formation. Hammond and Hume can use their pace to try and find gaps inbetween central defenders and fullbacks.

Rab

stearman nisss paddy maybury

gudjonsson - hughes - hammil/Williams

hammond hume

V v

De Vries

Something like that....Ric Flair suggested this in another forum and i reckon it would work! You would have Hume and Hammond on thw wings with their pace and strength, plus their work rate suits this! De Vries would also be able to hold the ball up and knock it out to the wings or wait for Hughes or Williams or Gudjonsson to bomb forward, but you would need one of them to stay back just in case the opposition counter.

This formation would be very attacking but i reckon we need something like this because i think it makes best use of the players we have.

EDIT: Its not working as i thought...but basically Hume and Hammond would be wide on the flanks.

Rab

stearman nisss paddy maybury

gudjonsson - hughes - hammil/Williams

hammond hume

V v

De Vries

Something like that....Ric Flair suggested this in another forum and i reckon it would work! You would have Hume and Hammond on thw wings with their pace and strength, plus their work rate suits this! De Vries would also be able to hold the ball up and knock it out to the wings or wait for Hughes or Williams or Gudjonsson to bomb forward, but you would need one of them to stay back just in case the opposition counter.

This formation would be very attacking but i reckon we need something like this because i think it makes best use of the players we have.

Basically a 4-3-3 then, like the one I suggested?...

Actually thinking about it, it could be interesting if City adopted the same formation as Denmark.

It would look something like this:

-------------------------- Douglas ---------------------------

Maybury ------ Paddy ------------ Nissa ---- Sheehan ---

----------------- Kisnorbo ------ Joey ----------------------

Hammond ------------- Hughes ----------------- Hume --

------------------------- De Vries ---------------------------

So basically one up front, one behind the target man and pacy, attacking wingers while you have 2 defensive mids, one of which can man mark while the other distributes play/acts a little like a playmaker. Obviously my selection is very flexible, e.g. Hume could play behind De Vries and Hammill/Wilcox/Hammond on the left and Sylla on the right, or Hughes/Williams instead of Joey or Kisnorbo etc. ... It would require quick accurate passing though...

To anyone leaving gareth williams out, 1 word...... NO! the man is the heart of the midfield and no other central midfielders in the squad have the ability to fill his place

lol

Williams is the most frustrating player to watch in a LCFC shirt this season. So much talent, so little impact. And as for tackling/making challenges, does he even know what that is?

Rab;

Maybury, Nissa, Paddy, Sheehan;

Hughes, Williams, Joey;

Hammond, De Vries, Hume;

Subs: Stearman, Dublin, Hamill, Tiatto, Kisnorbo

I believe we can cause a lot of damage with this team/formation. Hammond and Hume can use their pace to try and find gaps inbetween central defenders and fullbacks.

I've love to see that team :thumbup:

If Gerrbrand was available (and the OS seems to indicate he will be soon), I would play:

Rab

Nissa Gerrbrand McCarthy

Maybury Joey Hughes Williams Wilcox

Hume

Elvis/ De Vries

Bench: Stearman, Kisnorbo, Tiatto, Dubbers, Henderson

what is the big attraction for people having nils-eric in their starting line-up. i think he can be a liability. He was at fault for the hull goal mainly because his marking isn't too great. This is probably because he is used to playing left-back. I'm not saying i don't think he's good player, i just wonder why people love him all of a sudden. He doesn't look like a cultured centre-half

what is the big attraction for people having nils-eric in their starting line-up. i think he can be a liability. He was at fault for the hull goal mainly because his marking isn't too great. This is probably because he is used to playing left-back. I'm not saying i don't think he's good player, i just wonder why people love him all of a sudden. He doesn't look like a cultured centre-half

Who do you suggest should play instead of Nissa then? :huh: It's not like we have a host of central defenders to choose from you know...

alrite shenny boy, keep your hair on. should have bought kenton, he was solid towards end of last season

I've still got all my hair on thankfully... It just sounded like you had a better alternative. Alas we don't have Kenton so I don't understand the point you are making. Of the central defenders we have to choose from, would Nissa not be in your lineup? :ermm:

Dublin?

Yeah I think he would be better at centre back because he was one our top performers there last season, and has little (or rather no) pace now in his old age. I also think Paddy needs to be taught a thing or two before playing again.

I've still got all my hair on thankfully... It just sounded like you had a better alternative. Alas we don't have Kenton so I don't understand the point you are making. Of the central defenders we have to choose from, would Nissa not be in your lineup? :ermm:

well i think anyone who can jump and mark a man, is better than nils-eric.

Archived