Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
psb

Gary Lineker's major error last night on FA Cup documentary

Except that it was white that he wore, and it was Keegan that lobbed him!

I was 10 at the time, and really believed this was going to be the year that we won the cup. I stand corrected

I was so gutted at the end of this game!

The other semi final had been Newcastle and Burnley, both of which i think we would have beaten, though Burnley in particular were a more than decent team at the time.

One things for sure, we would have given Liverpool a much better game in the final than Newcastle did.

https://youtu.be/Pkath6jGtJo

Who cares if he gets it wrong every now and again?  I love the fact he's so passionate about Leicester and never tries to hide it.  I love his snide comments, genuine joy and pure happiness when we win - much rather that than a presenter who tries to pretend he's neutral when everyone knows he supports some particular team or other.

Long live Gary - Leicester fan through and through.

Who cares if he gets it wrong every now and again?  I love the fact he's so passionate about Leicester and never tries to hide it.  I love his snide comments, genuine joy and pure happiness when we win - much rather that than a presenter who tries to pretend he's neutral when everyone knows he supports some particular team or other.

Long live Gary - Leicester fan through and through.

:thumbup:                              :scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:

I must correct my own pedantry. Lineker made the white shirt comment in the BBC online trailer for the show, not the actual show itself.

I am surprised by how little this means to those of you on here who have replied.  I found it infuriating in its inaccuracy.

By the way, I had made the white track suit comment myself earlier.

Finally regarding the profile pic, it is David Tearse, scorer of the City goal (indeed his only goal) on my first game standing behind the goal in the Kop v Millwall in in December 1969. (My first game had been January 1968 v Wolves in the Wing Stand).

So, that's it. My time on this site has been short and not as sweet as I imagined. Not for me it seems.

Best wishes.

Gone and forgotten. :unsure:

Gary is great. I went to the same grammar school ( different year). Distinctly remember him as he seemed a well liked lad with a cheeky grin, without being a big head or part of a bullying ring. I was aware he came from a humble background, as opposed to lot of snobs and posh boys at the school at that time. He was mentioned more at assembly for his cricket, or sprinting than football. Leave him alone and remember how well he has done and what a great advert he is for our beloved Leicester.

As to the white shirt argument, it was first worn later than the man city cup final. PS wore it at Villa Park in the semi later on, and as I remember it Keegan volleyed the ball past him after a Toshack flick on, not a lob! Commentators at the time wondered whether PS white shirt made him too visible to the oppo. My bit of pedantry added! Now what do we do from the rest of the summer....

Gary is great. I went to the same grammar school ( different year). Distinctly remember him as he seemed a well liked lad with a cheeky grin, without being a big head or part of a bullying ring. I was aware he came from a humble background, as opposed to lot of snobs and posh boys at the school at that time. He was mentioned more at assembly for his cricket, or sprinting than football. Leave him alone and remember how well he has done and what a great advert he is for our beloved Leicester.

As to the white shirt argument, it was first worn later than the man city cup final. PS wore it at Villa Park in the semi later on, and as I remember it Keegan volleyed the ball past him after a Toshack flick on, not a lob! Commentators at the time wondered whether PS white shirt made him too visible to the oppo. My bit of pedantry added! Now what do we do from the rest of the summer....

Ha ha, got to correct my own pedantry! I've only just noticed smudgers post with the video. Apologies to smudger ( and thanks for posting it- great to see after so many years)- Keegan did lob PS, albeit with a volley. Also noticed Tosh didn't head it on, as I'd always thought from that night I was there, he had. Anyway, still one of my greatest memories, although we lost- Leicester in the terraced Holte End were brilliant.

Archived