Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Painting rooms and decorating them well. advice?

Dulux is the best but also the most expensive and you don't always need the best. If you want wipeable , acrylic eggshell is good and has a satin finish, most manufacturers make that. If you want a matt finish then Dulux diamond matt is as good as it gets.

I already have the paint, dulux urban obsession for one wall, and dulux polished pebble for the others.

please just tell me everything will work out in the end webbo, please.

Dulux is the best but also the most expensive and you don't always need the best. If you want wipeable , acrylic eggshell is good and has a satin finish, most manufacturers make that. If you want a matt finish then Dulux diamond matt is as good as it gets.

Cheers webbo...someone mentioned Johnston's super durable Matt...you still opt for the dulux as the best option for kids grubby hands?

If you do your prep right everything should be okay.

if you're using masking tape dont leave it on longer than you need to and remove it very carefully.

I found this out the hard way. Did a "feature" wall in the kitchen olive green, masked off the edges using cheap n' nasty masking tape, pulled it off really carefully and it pulled huge chunks of the existing paint off. Took about 3 times the amount of time correcting that balls-up than it did to paint the one wall in the first place

I found this out the hard way. Did a "feature" wall in the kitchen olive green, masked off the edges using cheap n' nasty masking tape, pulled it off really carefully and it pulled huge chunks of the existing paint off. Took about 3 times the amount of time correcting that balls-up than it did to paint the one wall in the first place

exactly, you can buy low tack tape but it can still have the same effect. Doesnt give a very good edge either.

Archived