Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Painting rooms and decorating them well. advice?

Doing up my room on sat due to certain things happening.

Going for one dark grey feature wall and the other 3 light grey.

Anyone any good? I have trays, rollers, paint (prob gonna have to get more, the tin looked way bigger on my computer screen) do I need much else?

Doing up my room on sat due to certain things happening.

Going for one dark grey feature wall and the other 3 light grey.

Anyone any good? I have trays, rollers, paint (prob gonna have to get more, the tin looked way bigger on my computer screen) do I need much else?

Are you turning it into a dungeon?

I should have made it clear, I am doing it myself with a bit of help on saturday. Already painted the walls white in prep  :thumbup:

'Certain things happening' - someone moving in with you?

check the tinder thread

Decorated my house last year...not worth it wiv little kids though!!!

My tips for what it's worth...cover as much furnishings as possible,move as much out the room to give yourself room to work.

Choose the right paint...silk/Matt etc for walls,gloss/eggshell etc for skirts and undercoat if you going for the gleaming look!!! Don't buy cheap crap paint

Do wall by wall,take your time ventilate well and leave enough drying time before coats.good luck...its quite therapeutic actually

Decorated my house last year...not worth it wiv little kids though!!!

My tips for what it's worth...cover as much furnishings as possible,move as much out the room to give yourself room to work.

Choose the right paint...silk/Matt etc for walls,gloss/eggshell etc for skirts and undercoat if you going for the gleaming look!!! Don't buy cheap crap paint

Do wall by wall,take your time ventilate well and leave enough drying time before coats.good luck...its quite therapeutic actually

thanks for the advice as originally requested.

I have dulux so very good. Gonna take everything out of my room, but will be sleeping in it after on a mattress on the floor.

thanks for the advice as originally requested.

I have dulux so very good. Gonna take everything out of my room, but will be sleeping in it after on a mattress on the floor.

get high off the fumes ;) 

I'm doing mine atm too. Stripped the walls myself but I'm paying a decorator to come in and do the rest. Working in the building trade I know the importance of doing it once and doing it right. The exes dad did the lounge here and it's not the best. If you DIY then the best advice is it's all in the prep. I considered getting the walls skimmed first to give me a nice base to start on.

Let me know if you need someone to take your rad off :thumbup:

I'm doing mine atm too. Stripped the walls myself but I'm paying a decorator to come in and do the rest. Working in the building trade I know the importance of doing it once and doing it right. The exes dad did the lounge here and it's not the best. If you DIY then the best advice is it's all in the prep. I considered getting the walls skimmed first to give me a nice base to start on.

Let me know if you need someone to take your rad off :thumbup:

oh shit I am gonna **** this up so bad.

I painted my bathroom, kitchen and third bedroom. They look ok except that I wasn't bothered about cutting in the ceiling round the tiles in the bathroom thinking the emulsion would just wipe off. Not bothered trying yet and that was 3 months ago lol

There's a reason they do painting as community service IMO. And if you can piss it definitely doesn't mean you can paint

oh shit I am gonna **** this up so bad.

Take it easy and it'll be fine.Not doubting the quality a pro can achieve but a decent diyer with decent equipment and time can defo achieve good results.

Re-Rads you can get a long handled roller to do behind the rad-no use fooking round taking the bugger off unless you know what your doing 100%!

Take it easy and it'll be fine.Not doubting the quality a pro can achieve but a decent diyer with decent equipment and time can defo achieve good results.

Re-Rads you can get a long handled roller to do behind the rad-no use fooking round taking the bugger off unless you know what your doing 100%!

Shite, that rules me out then

Archived