Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Favourite Footballing Moment Under Pearson..

313 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite Footballing Moment Under Pearson..

• Leeds at home
    • Southend Away
    • Forest Away
    • Burnley championship winning season)
    • Man Utd 5-3
    • WBA Away

Has to be the Man Utd game. Couldn't get tickets that day, so went to the pub with my dad and happened to bump into an old mate of mine who supports Man U (he'd always been a glory hunter, and I've always remembered the way he goaded me when they equalised against us at Old Trafford in 1997). He was quite conciliatory when they went 3-1 up ("oh well, you've been good, but not quite good enough" sort of thing).

Then as the goals started banging in he was as stunned as us - I'll never, ever forget the absolute pandemonium in the pub that day - drinks flying everywhere, chairs knocked over etc. I lost my voice through all the singing and shouting.

Just one of the best days of being a Leicester fan I've ever experienced - and I'd never felt more justified to have supported City than another Glory team.

Coming on the pitch to confront the referee - Charlton away after James had been sent off for "aggressive running".

But, has to be United - went with son , just started college in Manchester so he went back with United fans on train, who behaved pretty well. Arrived at Piccadilly only to face Man City Fans after their match with Chelsea who on being told that he was a Leicester fan proceeded to give him standing ovation ....if only every Saturday 

A mate of mine was down a pub in Whitwick for the United game. He said at 3-3 there were about 100 fans out the back trying to peek through the windows as the pub was that rammed.

I wouldn't swap places with anyone for actually being at that game but I'd love to see some CCTV of Leicestershire pubs that day.

Is that even possible? Anyone a landlord anywhere?!

A mate of mine was down a pub in Whitwick for the United game. He said at 3-3 there were about 100 fans out the back trying to peek through the windows as the pub was that rammed.

I wouldn't swap places with anyone for actually being at that game but I'd love to see some CCTV of Leicestershire pubs that day.

Is that even possible? Anyone a landlord anywhere?!

I walked back to the lounge on Aylestone road which is one of my locals. As I was walking towards it I could here loads of singing and cheering, walked in everyone was hugging each other a real party atmosphere.

Most of the pubs round my way had lock ins and I doubt many people went to work on the Monday.

League 1 season was my favourite overall I have to admit. Max Gradel's 98th minute free kick to equalise at MK Dons ruined my voice. Of the options in the poll I'd have to choose Pearson heading the ball in from the touchline for Steve Howard's last minute winner against Leeds; I will never ever forget what that goal felt like, the noise was unreal. To bring us straight back up as champions was truly special.

• 5 weeks later...

Favourite moments for me consists of:

Scunny away 2-1 andy king winner in league 1

Hereford away on the terraces

Leeds 1-0 stevie howard

Cardiff away in the play offs

Forest 3-0 in 2010

Forest away 3-2

Barnsley away 3-0

Watford at home in the play off first leg

Bolton at hoem twice (3-2 and 5-3)

QPR away 1-0

United 5-3

Liverpool 2-2

In a way the defeat at arsenal 2-1 when we battered them

The celebration after albrighton scored against chelsea

Westbrom away 3-2!

any so many more. Time for the tinkerman to make his own memories!

But lets all join in a show of appreciation for big nige int he 7th minute. 

7 wins out of 9

2008-2015

United game will be something you tell your kids and grandkids and they will think you are senile.The atmosphere at 3-3 onwards was immense, like a fooking cauldron. THAT is the reason why we go week in week out

Talked to someone who sits in the Director's box, and he said that Pearson is preparing to take the club to court - over 'unfair dismissal'.

Haven't seen it mentioned on here, so apologies if it has.

Talked to someone who sits in the Director's box, and he said that Pearson is preparing to take the club to court - over 'unfair dismissal'.

Haven't seen it mentioned on here, so apologies if it has.

I would love to hear the full story in Court. :D

Archived