Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Favourite Footballing Moment Under Pearson..

313 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite Footballing Moment Under Pearson..

• Leeds at home
    • Southend Away
    • Forest Away
    • Burnley championship winning season)
    • Man Utd 5-3
    • WBA Away

Cardiff and C-man have both made excellent posts. Also getting us straight back up from League One I think gets under-rated by too many; it's only league one... a division that took Forest and Leeds 3 years to get out of, a division Coventry have been in for 3 years and it's looking like their next destination will be league 2, while Sheffield United are still down there and struggling to get back. If we'd got that appointment wrong (and with the likes of John Gregory linked, we easily could have) we could still be down there now or back to just being a lower championship side.

For me its simply the fact he's taken us from an open end first up in League 1 at Stockport to completely outplaying Liverpool at Anfield and destoying Man United with the world watching. Not something, in this age of the game I think we'll see again, certainly not at this club. 

If hard pushed from a footballing point of view I'd go with that King goal at Cardiff and the character of the whole side that night. The party in Southend 2009 and Burnley 2014 sit alongside. 

5 and a half wonderful years and an incredible journey under this man.

The Derby match in January last year was sublime. It was almost a complete performance, the likes of which a Leicester team haven't produced for a long time. Often we've won through determination, through a break or just being a better side with better players, that night we outclassed a good side playing sweeping football.

What I liked about Pearson's overall reign (both spells) is how often we won pretty comfortably. You almost took it for granted. Even in the last few weeks of a tough season we won four matches by at least two goals. Of course we had plenty of thrillers, big wins, nervy victories but we were fond of a solid, uncomplicated 2 or 3-0 win.

This is a great thread. I can remember scunthorpe away in league 1 andy king winner. Oldham away was also a great game. Others include barnsley away in the promotion season when we battered them. There are just so so many games. Pearson made history, and it feels as if his time here has been cut short, for no good reason. 

Owners  - please let ihim finish the job. Top ten and a cup final next year with pearson in charge. Anyone else..... relegation battle. 

Posters have said people don't like NP's attitude etc. Have they met him in person, he is an intelligent caring man who makes time for people. The press don't like him so create this nasty aura about him, which sells papers.

The man was brilliant for Leicester. Stuck up for his players and his club, he put us back on the football map and still posters, so called city fans, slag him off. Be careful what you wish for.

Leeds at home possibly the best or wood at Burnley.

I shall miss NP, a genuine talented Englishman who cared about the club and supporters.

Posters have said people don't like NP's attitude etc. Have they met him in person, he is an intelligent caring man who makes time for people. The press don't like him so create this nasty aura about him, which sells papers.

The man was brilliant for Leicester. Stuck up for his players and his club, he put us back on the football map and still posters, so called city fans, slag him off. Be careful what you wish for.

Leeds at home possibly the best or wood at Burnley.

I shall miss NP, a genuine talented Englishman who cared about the club and supporters.

Too true, I made the error of complaining aloud that I had nothing to do at work.  Spent the next hour and a half on and off hold to the company that supplies our card readers, trying to get one fixed.

It's just that people don't like his personality. There's a lot of people who support this club who have never liked him since he first got the job. I get the feeling if he was a bit of a 'character' like Redknapp, or Holloway, or Mourinho - whoever - then there would be a lot more people gutted that he'd been sacked

Seriously, you could be right. 

Burnley, that's when I knew we were going up after over 10 years, this was special, burnley was over 10 years of hurt, Man U was 1 game

Yeh the minute Wood buried that screamer was the first time i knew we were promoted. But given the circumstances of the United game that shades it for me

The Manchester United game will be remembered for generations to come, unless we do it regularly...

True, but that just felt like 1 game/ day, burnley felt like all them years in the second tier was finally over

Yeah the half an hour or so after wood scored until when the first few people started to leave the away end was special.

This was the point were we all knew, yea more people will remember the Man U game, because we were at home it was on telly and the media,and of course the plastics lol but burnley was like for the proper supporters the 23000 that have been going week in week out for the last 11 years

Man Utd is obviously the most impressive. Sensational game.

Winning at Forest on the last day though, to sneak a play-off place at their expense, with a last minute goal?

We don't realise how good we had it at times. Some absolute fantasy scenarios became reality.

reading stuff like this reminds how much I really miss being at the games. I guess for me it has to be the one game I got to in the last 14 years. QPR away last season. (Vardy goal, squirrel on the field) It marked the start of the run which took us to the premiership.

The 5-3 vs United was incredible, don't think we will ever see anything like it from our team for a long time again.

The relief and jubilation when Vardy bagged at West Brom was also very special too. The atmosphere when that went in was next level. The spark that started the burning belief that was our great escape and the greatest escape. That Pearson moment just edges it for me.

Archived