Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

David Lopez

Our spending might seem like a decent amount to us .... But CR has dealt with a lot bigger budgets .... I really don't think a manager of his class and experience gets "giddy" with a few quid!!

Yeah but he's also used to squads with more household names. The more players we bring in the more the squad loses it's identity and character. It needs to be a slow build, not buy anyone half decent that becomes available.

Yeah but he's also used to squads with more household names. The more players we bring in the more the squad loses it's identity and character. It needs to be a slow build, not buy anyone half decent that becomes available.

Sorry, but surely that's nonsense.

Identity and character? Isn't the 'identity' Leicester City and the 'character' the manner in which we play - he's not changing either but improving/upgrading what we have in order to improve the strength and depth of the squad. 

Sorry, but surely that's nonsense.

Identity and character? Isn't the 'identity' Leicester City and the 'character' the manner in which we play - he's not changing either but improving/upgrading what we have in order to improve the strength and depth of the squad. 

No that's tactics. Are you telling me an Inler or Benney or Lopez intrinsically have the same passion and commitment to lcfc after a few days/weeks as a King or Morgan or Vardy do after the many highs and lows they've been through with the club? As human beings i'd say no. The quicker we change the side that came up and stayed up, the riskier things become. In my opinion!!!

No that's tactics. Are you telling me an Inler or Benney or Lopez intrinsically have the same passion and commitment to lcfc after a few days/weeks as a King or Morgan or Vardy do after the many highs and lows they've been through with the club? As human beings i'd say no. The quicker we change the side that came up and stayed up, the riskier things become. In my opinion!!!

But that's not what's happening?

But that's not what's happening?

Well if we sign the players rumoured then yeah it is. And this is a thread about one of said players. 

For me, unless it's in a position we're lacking (i.e. maybe a winger), we go into the first half of the season with what we've got :) 

Well if we sign the players rumoured then yeah it is. And this is a thread about one of said players. 

For me, unless it's in a position we're lacking (i.e. maybe a winger), we go into the first half of the season with what we've got :)

Pedro, Schweinsteiger?

Abide by your philosophy and we'll never improve.

The more players we bring in the more the squad loses it's identity and character. It needs to be a slow build, not buy anyone half decent that becomes available.

The effect on team spirit worries me. Yes, they're all pros etc but if you've been in settled functioning unit then new faces do change the mix. Stands to reason. There's no reason for it all not to gel but it could be disruptive too, even if only transitionally.

Definitely an improvement on hammond! But I dont think we need to make any more signings im happy with what we have got at the moment!

You can pay nearly double the true value of a player in january! Might be looking at getting a full squad for the whole season so dont have to spend in january thats what I would do!

I don't think the players you mentioned are passionate about Leicester City specifically,rather they all play with passion and desire to do well for the team. I think we've recruited players over the last few years that share that mindset, and I'm hopeful that we will continue to do so. All the signings we've made this summer bar one, were all players that were targeted under the old regime. I think all the new additions will be just as passionate to do well as the ones we've had for a while.

Archived