Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nod.E

Player Threads

Could we have a sub-forum for threads on each player?

They seem to dominate the main forum and a large amount of new topics created could be bundled under 'X' player.

Just a thought to improve the usability of the forum :)

Players are what dominate the club. If you take those threads away from the main forum then there's not much else to discuss other than pre and post match threads. And a large amount of new topics that are created are merged if it is appropriate to do so.

I'm not and have never been a fan of, for example, everything Mahrez merged into a single Mahrez topic to be honest.

For instance, viewing the forum now, would you know that Ben Chilwell has just gone on loan to Huddersfield without specifically checking the Ben Chilwell topic?

It's all well and good having it all in one place but not the easiest way to keep track of things. 

I'm not and have never been a fan of, for example, everything Mahrez merged into a single Mahrez topic to be honest.

For instance, viewing the forum now, would you know that Ben Chilwell has just gone on loan to Huddersfield without specifically checking the Ben Chilwell topic?

It's all well and good having it all in one place but not the easiest way to keep track of things. 

I agree, I hate thread titles with just a player's name as it could mean anything.

It would be good to have a news topic either as a widget on the home page or as a locked topic with a link to the discussion.

Ben Chilwell signs for Huddersfield on loan discussion here

I might just close them all but I bet a new Mahrez topic titled 'Mahrez' will be started by the end of the day lol

I know it's been brought up before, and I  can't remember the outcome but tags for topics and posts do make things easier to find, but either need to be maintained or become a free for all.

Is a widget on the homepage possible for news, under the upcoming events calendar for example? I do get most  of my  Leicester City news from here and not the OS.

My suggestion came from that very same frustration. It's difficult to distinguish between actual news and chit-chat, making staying on top of latest news a bit of a task. 

FoxesTalk is my (and I imagine many other users') first stop for LCFC news. I want to get to the news parts instantly rather than wading through non-descriptive player threads to find news.

Maybe something like the below could work?

Mahrez

- Mahrez scores in Algeria win

- Mahrez sings new contract

- Mahrez happy with Leicester style of play

These sub-links then take you to anchors within the thread directing users to the discussion surrounding the sub-heading.

Just thinking out loud really. FoxesTalk is the best fan's forum I've seen by a stretch as it is.

I know it's been brought up before, and I  can't remember the outcome but tags for topics and posts do make things easier to find, but either need to be maintained or become a free for all.

Is a widget on the homepage possible for news, under the upcoming events calendar for example? I do get most  of my  Leicester City news from here and not the OS.

Might be possible but then we'll still have the problem of various news stories in the same giant thread. And I'd much rather see Ben Chilwell joins Huddersfield under latest topics where it can be discussed instead of a link taking me elsewhere.

I guess I'm somewhat guilty here although I don't believe in single player threads because often the info being posted can relate to more than one player.

Having said that there's plenty on here that feel the need to start new threads which is just about their view on a player or related subject so is not news and can justifiably be merged.

You also get people drifting off the main 'player news' for which the topic was created and discuss issues that are already being discussed in another topic.

It's very clear that plenty of posters don''t know how to or where to find the advance search facility or simply refuse to use it because they like starting new threads.

I'll try to restrain myself from 'tidying up' and let genuine player news takes it course.

Also just to add it would be useful if people could think a bit about the thread title for many reasons but mainly to help when searching it would also help to prevent the global threads.

For example new topic - Press Conference tells me very little where as Press Conference pre Newcastle at least gives us more of an idea when looking back and would help to prevent it becoming about all press conferences.

there should be a way to stop people making new threads unless the thread is actually any good or contains any useful information or opinion.

think I've started about 5 threads in nearly 6 years on here because I have no useful information or my good opinions

Archived