Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Ben Chilwell

King has done little wrong but he's just not influencial enough to command a regular place in a top side, he wasn't good enough to dislodge James or Drinkwater in our best Championship side and he isn't good enough to dislodge Drinkwater or Kante now, it's a cliche but for a central midfielder he just does go missing too many times for long periods and doesn't do anything of note often enough.

He wouldn't get any nearer to Swansea's team than he would to ours.

King has done little wrong but he's just not influencial enough to command a regular place in a top side, he wasn't good enough to dislodge James or Drinkwater in our best Championship side and he isn't good enough to dislodge Drinkwater or Kante now, it's a cliche but for a central midfielder he just does go missing too many times for long periods and doesn't do anything of note often enough.

He wouldn't get any nearer to Swansea's team than he would to ours.

Kingy's record doesn't read like that. I watched his goals video and don't believe Drinkwater could have scored hardly any of them. Yet we've virtually nullified King as an attacking threat.

Drinkwater hardly ever scores. He's one of those nearly guys who just hits the ball and it flies over, wide or straight at the goalkeeper. King thinks about his finishing and it pretty lethal given the chance and in all sorts of ways. Watch the video yourself if you disbelieve me.

Furthermore his results record is impressive and so to his pass completions - higher than Drinkwater when I last looked but I don't think there's much in it.

For me King's been allowed to lose his sense of purpose and he needs to get it back. I still think he's a bit short of his potential best but how a club can reduce a double-figure goalscoring midfielder to next to nothing is beyond me because his goals would have been goals at any level. Almost all of them were one or two touches.

People talk about giving people confidence but we've wrecked Kingy's in my view and turned him into a functional footballer instead of a guy who makes a difference. The Cup match against West Ham was like a blimpse into the past and only reflected how much we've wasted the guy.   

Kingy's record doesn't read like that. I watched his goals video and don't believe Drinkwater could have scored hardly any of them. Yet we've virtually nullified King as an attacking threat.

Drinkwater hardly ever scores. He's one of those nearly guys who just hits the ball and it flies over, wide or straight at the goalkeeper. King thinks about his finishing and it pretty lethal given the chance and in all sorts of ways. Watch the video yourself if you disbelieve me.

Furthermore his results record is impressive and so to his pass completions - higher than Drinkwater when I last looked but I don't think there's much in it.

For me King's been allowed to lose his sense of purpose and he needs to get it back. I still think he's a bit short of his potential best but how a club can reduce a double-figure goalscoring midfielder to next to nothing is beyond me because his goals would have been goals at any level. Almost all of them were one or two touches.

People talk about giving people confidence but we've wrecked Kingy's in my view and turned him into a functional footballer instead of a guy who makes a difference. The Cup match against West Ham was like a blimpse into the past and only reflected how much we've wasted the guy.

Unfortunately that King disappeared along time ago

"I've heard" Arsenal have enquired in a very big way about him.

Offered £5million in the summer, apparently, and have now come in with an offer more than twice that.

Take this with the usual pinch of salt but it did come from someone in a position to know these kinds of things. 

Offered £5million in the summer, apparently, and have now come in with an offer more than twice that.

Take this with the usual pinch of salt but it did come from someone in a position to know these kinds of things. 

he can't even break into the first team at lowly tinpot leicester why would big top 4 arsenal team put a 10 million+ bid in

Wait. So someone has said to you that Arsenal have approached Leicester and have offered more than £10 million for Chilwell?

Yeah ok then lol

Wait. So someone has said to you that Arsenal have approached Leicester and have offered more than £10 million for Chilwell?

Yeah ok then lol

You've clearly been around long enough on the forum to know how posts like these work. 

I was told something by someone who would be in a position to know what was happening, and I'm simply passing that info on. 

Don't believe it for a second but if it was true we should bite their hand off at £10m.

Chilwell looks a very good talent but there's still every chance he may be a Championship player in five years time. If he was a striker or creative player I'd want to keep him but £10m foe a young full back who may or may not be a future England player is too good an offer to turn down.

Don't believe it for a second but if it was true we should bite their hand off at £10m.

Chilwell looks a very good talent but there's still every chance he may be a Championship player in five years time. If he was a striker or creative player I'd want to keep him but £10m foe a young full back who may or may not be a future England player is too good an offer to turn down.

I'd be holding onto him. The last young English left back to be sold was Luke Shaw at a cool £30million. IMO I'd be making sure its either him or Fuchs at left back to see if he can cut it. If he can we're likely to get much more than £10million for him in 1 or 2 years. 

lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol

Archived