Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
char123

Season ticket for next year

Hello i was wondering if anyone can help me. Is there anyone on here who will be giving up 2 season tickets at the end of this year that i could take on. I used to be a season ticket holder but had to give it up 2 years ago as i went to work in cambodia for 2 years. I took out 2 gold memberships so i could go to home games on the odd occasions that i got home but now i am back for good and am wanting to go all the time from next season so i am looking for 2 as with the recent success i am not sure aby will make general sale. There is a good drink in it for someone if they can help. Thanks

Is there even a waiting list?

Thought it was members who get first pick on any available?

If there are any non-renewed season tickets they will become available to members in order of priority. 1. Gold/Family 2. Silver. 3. Fox. 4. General Sale. Can't imagine it will even get far into members though.

I think capacity will most definitely be increased over the summer to 40k if/when we guarantee champs league football,but I can see season tickets in that part of the ground being 1k upwards due to supply and demand for the above

Brilliant trolling there.

At what point do you think the club can expand the ground in 2 months?

And even if it was humanly possible to do in that short a time span a planning application which hasn't gone in yet takes 8 weeks for an outline decision even without objections under government guidelines. So unless it goes in asap they are looking at April without any issues. Which there will be.

Er

The club would have the steelworks put in place around April time,with the rest of the construction happening at the end of the season,that's an additional 3 months,in case you didn't know clubs do build stands etc during the season aswell,simply downing tools on match day,

Drive along welford road and you'll understand what i mean

And even if it was humanly possible to do in that short a time span a planning application which hasn't gone in yet takes 8 weeks for an outline decision even without objections under government guidelines.

How do you know what's been discussed already,

The ground was built with the opportunity to expand to 40,000,with the roof of the main stand being designed to be removed 'like a piece of lego' if memory serves me right

You are aware you bar risking a whole lot of shit. You can't do **** all. Including digging footings etc without applying for planning or retrospective planning and there is no way the owners would risk pissing of planners/local authorities and residents by doing anything without planning.

I don't know what the club have planned. I just know that unless they hurry. They will have **** all in place but August and your post says they will sort it by the start of next season. What the tigers are doing has no relevance to us building a whole new expansion in 2 months. Drive down Welford road and you will know that has taken a lot longer.

And as for the main stand. That is the least likely. The east stand is the only if any option as things stand.

But what do I know. I'm only married to a principal planning officer.

Er

The club would have the steelworks put in place around April time,with the rest of the construction happening at the end of the season,that's an additional 3 months,in case you didn't know clubs do build stands etc during the season aswell,simply downing tools on match day,

Drive along welford road and you'll understand what i mean

And even if it was humanly possible to do in that short a time span a planning application which hasn't gone in yet takes 8 weeks for an outline decision even without objections under government guidelines.

How do you know what's been discussed already,

The ground was built with the opportunity to expand to 40,000,with the roof of the main stand being designed to be removed 'like a piece of lego' if memory serves me right

Been discussed loads of times

The fact of the matter is that no official planning application has been made.

We don't know if the owners are planning to do so - it costs a lot of money and there is no guarantee that the demand will still be there once the project is completed

It is highly likely that if an application was made, it would be rejected due to concerns about traffic/parking etc

It may succeed on appeal - but that can take months or years

A similar expansion at Cardiff took from November until the following August to complete

I sympathise with those trying to get tickets, I really do. But there is not going to be a magic solution where we peel the roof off and whack in 10,000 extra seats in the summer holidays.

Archived