Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Team vs Wolves

Wilcox, are you f***ing gone raving f***ing bonkers lol

Ner mate, wilcox has had his day, hes a dubs type player now, try`s to make it look like he knows what to do, without doing it.

At hull, he drifted into the holding midfield role, as if hes been playing there all his career. Then when he looked up to pass the ball, gave it deep freeze, and he layed it to the left :rolleyes:

How dare you question my sanity. :o

1) Jase hasn't had his day. His day is 1st October 2005. JWAD

2) He knows what to do, He understands how Honda ticks.

3) Drifted in to the holding midifield role? Did you actually go Hull or did you spend most of your time admiring the view?

Jase will provide width and service in to box. He will also provide balance on the left and give us an option from set pieces.

How dare you question my sanity. :o

3) Drifted in to the holding midifield role? Did you actually go Hull or did you spend most of your time admiring the view?

Jase will provide width and service in to box. He will also provide balance on the left and give us an option from set pieces.

Brilliant :D

And I would play...

-----------------Douglas

Maybury--Dublin©--Johansson--Sheehan

Sylla-----Hughes--Gudjonsson---Wilcox

-----------de Vries--Hume

Dion is class at the back and a class leader. Hume must start!

And drop Williams, he's shit.

And I would play...

-----------------Douglas

Maybury--Dublin©--Johansson--Sheehan

Sylla-----Hughes--Gudjonsson---Wilcox

-----------de Vries--Hume

Dion is class at the back and a class leader. Hume must start!

And drop Williams, he's shit.

basically the team id play but Stearman in for Sheehan and Maybury at Left Back.

Really dont like Williams and in a tough game he will no doubt go walkies again :sleeping:. Like to see Hume given a start but wont be disapointed if Hammond plays instead of him :)

1, hey i like the sound of that scowy.

2, whos honda?

3, i was there yes. I thought the PA guy (who walked over to us whilst mentioning the teams) was good, particuly when he asked for a cheer of each stand in turn. What agreat atmosphere they make, until we kicked into gear 2nd half. yes i was there. Towards the end of the 1st half, wilcox thought he was a bryan robson. i hate players like that, GET IN POSITION AND DO YOUR OWN JOB WILCOX, was the cry.

What was with the price of a pint £3, yet they charged us £2.50.

Strange wheter there, pigging it down before the game, and very hot after wards.

If he does his JOB, then hes worth playing, but i dont have hope, hes not fit enough.

1, hey i like the sound of that scowy.

2, whos honda?

3, i was there yes. I thought the PA guy (who walked over to us whilst mentioning the teams) was good, particuly when he asked for a cheer of each stand in turn. What agreat atmosphere they make, until we kicked into gear 2nd half. yes i was there. Towards the end of the 1st half, wilcox thought he was a bryan robson. i hate players like that, GET IN POSITION AND DO YOUR OWN JOB WILCOX, was the cry.

What was with the price of a pint £3, yet they charged us £2.50.

Strange wheter there, pigging it down before the game, and very hot after wards.

If he does his JOB, then hes worth playing, but i dont have hope, hes not fit enough.

Honda is de Vries.

If we had a PA announcer who did that to us, saying hello to every stand, I'd cringe. How artifical and fake is that?

As for Jase, he pretty much maintained his position on the left, which is a lot more than what Tiatto does. I find your observation laughable...

If we had a PA announcer who did that to us, saying hello to every stand, I'd cringe. How artifical and fake is that?

As for Jase, he pretty much maintained his position on the left, which is a lot more than what Tiatto does. I find your observation laughable...

yeah but he got the crowd going, you must admit, it was intimidating first half, and come 2nd you had little finger nails left.

If i agreed with you, you`d find it laughable. Its just your way of trying to score points with your mate mr c who`ll think your cool if you get me all excited, and say something that might get me facking banned. "banned", what is that, 40 years in jail lol

Talk with me like you would anyone else?

Rab

Maybs

Nisse

McCarthy

Gilbert

Elvis

Hughes

Joey

Hamill

Hume

De Vries

That basic defensive backline has already leaked goals.

Now come on, that back four has started together a total of 3 times, in which they've let in 4 goals but also kept one clean sheet, and we didn't lose a match with them at the back. People are complaining about us changing the team around, and while I don't agree with everything said we do need to find a more settled side. Now those four wouldn't necessarily be my first choice back four but I do think we should pick a defence and stick with it for 8 or so games before just writing the combination off.

yeah but he got the crowd going, you must admit, it was intimidating first half, and come 2nd you had little finger nails left.

Erm, no. They made a bit of noise, but intimidating? My god, you're a bit of a:

059305346X.02._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

If i agreed with you, you`d find it laughable. Its just your way of trying to score points with your mate mr c who`ll think your cool if you get me all excited, and say something that might get me facking banned. "banned", what is that, 40 years in jail

If I wanted you banned, you would have been by now.

With Williams now out on Saturday i think the line up wil be

Douglas

Maybury

Dublin

McCarthy

Johansson

Hughes

Joey G

Hammond

Sylla

Hume

De Vries

Probably play Johansson at Left Back

What have you got against Sheehan? The lad is sheer class. Potentially one of the best left-backs we've ever had and an excellent "read-it-and-sort-it" centre half as a bonus. Naturally left-footed full-backs are a rare breed anyway but this one's got talent, stacks of it.

What have you got against Sheehan? The lad is sheer class. Potentially one of the best left-backs we've ever had and an excellent "read-it-and-sort-it" centre half as a bonus. Naturally left-footed full-backs are a rare breed anyway but this one's got talent, stacks of it.

Agreed, he impressed me immensely against Sheff Wed.

To be honest haven't seen that much of him,if he can do a job play him,I'd rather have Nisse at Centre back :unsure:

Oh jesus christ, don't start all this bollocks about young players again with Sheehan aswell. He's decent but that's it. 'Sheer Class'? Come on, stop.

Douglas

Maybury, Nisse, McCarthy, Gilbert

Sylla, Hughes, Gudjonnson, Wilcox

Hammond, Hume

We could do a lot worse than pick a team like that and just stick with it for a few weeks.

------------------ Douglas ----------------------

Maybury - Stearman - Johansson - Sheehan

---- Sylla - Hughes - Gudjonsson - Wilcox ---

-------------- Hume ----------------------------

------------------ De Vries ---------------------

Subs: Henderson, McCarthy, Kisnorbo, Hammond, Dublin

Nice to see some free-thinkers dropping Williams. :o

What is it with everyone liking gudjonsson?

Yeah he's a good ball winner, but he has to be to get it back from when he gave it away.

My team would be

Rab

Stearman

Dublin

Nils

Maybury

Hughes

Williams

Kisnorbo

Hamill

De Vries

Hume

sheehan defo not in squad tomorrow , v good source. himself :(

Why's that? Injured?.

Or is the boss seriously saying their's a better left sided defender at City? There may be cos I've not seen Gerrbrand (nor have I actually seen Tiatto play left back) but I've seen all the rest and they're not even close.

Even as a centre-back his performance for the Reserves was arguably the best I've seen from a City player this season. I know it was the stiffs - but he and Stearman were the only senior players in a very young and inexperienced side yet still they kept a clean sheet (Sheehan's second in succession).

Sheehan's problem seems to be that he's quiet and understated - just like that other Irish left back, Denis Irwin but I suppose there's some on here would say he wasn't good enough either.

Oh jesus christ, don't start all this bollocks about young players again with Sheehan aswell. He's decent but that's it. 'Sheer Class'? Come on, stop.

Douglas

Maybury, Nisse, McCarthy, Gilbert

Sylla, Hughes, Gudjonnson, Wilcox

Hammond, Hume

We could do a lot worse than pick a team like that and just stick with it for a few weeks.

Don't suppose you could explain to me why you rate Gilbert so much more highly than Sheehan?.

Whenever I've watched Gilbert I've never thought he would even get into a non-League side.

A can't see any great strengths. Nothing that sets him apart like pace, uncompromising but fair tackling, wonderful reader of the game, never phased by a tricky opponent, cuts out any chance of crosses from his flank, brilliant overlapping attacker, quality passer..... not one of these things could be applied to Gilbert from the evidence so far.

Yet Sheehan, again from what I've personally witnessed, scores about five out of seven.

Convince me otherwise by all means...

I don't rate him 'so much more highly than Sheehan'. The fact that you think the opposite is fairly silly since you've seen both players what, 5 times each, maximum?

'Nothing that sets him apart like pace, uncompromising but fair tackling, wonderful reader of the game, never phased by a tricky opponent, cuts out any chance of crosses from his flank, brilliant overlapping attacker, quality passer..... not one of these things could be applied to Gilbert from the evidence so far.'

Not one of these things could be put on Sheehan either. Not one of them. They are both very young, both have potential, the reason I'd play Gilbert at the moment is because he's played 40 odd games at this level before and that gives him a slight edge over Sheehan.

In all honesty I think it makes very little difference which one plays. Sheehan, as is usually the case on this forum, is being hugely overrated because he's come through the youth system. Had Gilbert been our youth player, and we'd just bought Sheehan in from Plymouth, you know very well that everybody would want Gilbert playing.

If you listened to what was said here, it's a wonder why Manchester United aren't playing with Stearman in central defence, with Sheehan at left back, Tomi Petrescu up front, Levi Porter out on the right with Dawson being groomed as Roy Keane's long term replacement.

I don't rate him 'so much more highly than Sheehan'. The fact that you think the opposite is fairly silly since you've seen both players what, 5 times each, maximum?

'Nothing that sets him apart like pace, uncompromising but fair tackling, wonderful reader of the game, never phased by a tricky opponent, cuts out any chance of crosses from his flank, brilliant overlapping attacker, quality passer..... not one of these things could be applied to Gilbert from the evidence so far.'

Not one of these things could be put on Sheehan either. Not one of them. They are both very young, both have potential, the reason I'd play Gilbert at the moment is because he's played 40 odd games at this level before and that gives him a slight edge over Sheehan.

In all honesty I think it makes very little difference which one plays. Sheehan, as is usually the case on this forum, is being hugely overrated because he's come through the youth system. Had Gilbert been our youth player, and we'd just bought Sheehan in from Plymouth, you know very well that everybody would want Gilbert playing.

If you listened to what was said here, it's a wonder why Manchester United aren't playing with Stearman in central defence, with Sheehan at left back, Tomi Petrescu up front, Levi Porter out on the right with Dawson being groomed as Roy Keane's long term replacement.

I like your spirit, I really do and the 40-games point is a good one. But that bit about Gilbert and the youth system shows you don't really know me.

I can't speak for others on the forum but if Gilbert was my BROTHER I wouldn't pick him for Leicester's first team right now.

Maybe next season - depends how much he improves, But for now, as a footballer, the lad seems to have more more holes than a cullinder. Let's hope I've had my wrong glasses on and you've seen more in him than I have.

At the end of the day making small changes to the team isn't going to win us games. Choosing between Gilbert and Sheehan, or Dublin or McArthy, or Hammond or Sylla isn't the problem. Any of these players on their day are more then capable of holding their own in this league. The problem we have at the minute is getting them to have that day. We can carry 1 or 2 off form players but at the minute we're carrying 4 or 5. This is where Levein comes in in reading the players mental strengths (e.g. confidence) and picking players based on this. Unfortunately it's not something he seems to be doing very well at the minute! That said...

Douglas

Maybury McArthy Nisse Gilbert

Sylla Joey Kisnorbo Hughes

Hume

MDV

I think honestly that small changes in the team aren't the key here anyway. (this was different under Adams, who was making glaring bad picks)

I hand on heart believe that any team we've put out this season has been good enough.. and that the real key problem, strange as it sounds, is our set piece work, attacking and defending. We don't score from enough corners/free kicks, and we conceed too much from them. If we had Muzzy/Gupps taking, with Elliott/Walsh/Taggart attacking the ball, or the latter three defending it, we'd be flying high right now. But then you could say if we had Giggs on the wing and Cantona up front we'd be flying I suppose :)

Archived