Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lush

Tell us something we dont know?

Bloody hell! Why does every (not every because no doubt he'll go searching to try and prove otherwise) post of lushs' turns into a slanging match? I understood completely what Scowy meant, I thought I loved an arguement and dug in until the death but he knocks me into a cocked hat! Dear God the stress levels must be near breaking point!

I knew what he meant as well, but he committed the cardinal sin of posting the words in such a way that they could mean something else entirely if highlighted and quoted. I wonder which part of this will be highlighted? Probably 'he committed the cardinal sin' thus making out Scowy to be the most evil man :devil: since Ming. lollollol

Good propaganda piece. :whistle::unsure:lol;):thumbup:

Tough Talk

The Leicester City squad were put through their paces on Thursday morning ahead of this weekend's Midlands derby against Wolves.

The Foxes go into the game on the back of a 1-0 defeat at the hands of Cardiff City at Ninian Park on Tuesday night - with a set piece again Leicester's downfall.

That result leaves City without an away win in the league since last December.

But Levein is confident that his side can turn around that statistic at the weekend following soon tough words on the training ground.

He said: "There have been too many games this season in which we have ended up chasing the opposition. It is difficult to win matches when you go behind so early on and that is something that we need to stamp out.

"We have had a long meeting with regard to set pieces because it was another set piece that we lost a goal to at Cardiff, although this time it was a different player who made the mistake.

"We had one or two frank exchanges. We have now got to work on it and make sure it doesn't happen again.

"A lot of things we need to keep doing exactly the same as we are already, but we need to stamp out making individual errors at crucial times of the match. That has to be collective because it is not just the one player who has made the mistake on the occasion, it's been various different players.

"Even if we could cut the amount of goals that we concede from set pieces in half it would have made a huge difference to our results so far this season. It is something that we will be concentrating on very hard.

"If we can get in front and give ourselves the opportunity to sit on a lead, as we have proven so far this season, it is most likely that we will win."

Levein was also keen to point out that although his side had picked up just two points on their travels so far this campaign, it wasn't a fair reflection of their performances on the pitch.

He added: "When you put together all the statistics over the season so far then you will find that we have had more possession, more shots on goal and more shots on target than every team that we have played away from home. But we have not picked up as many points as we would have liked.

"This comes back to the same position that I have talked about previously - If you go behind in matches then you make it difficult for yourself."

Source

Oh dear, when will Levein learn?

The only chance of getting promoted in this division is by scoring as many goals as possible. He is obviously trying to turn us into how Hearts played, grinding out results without scoring many goals, sitting back on a lead and try not to concede. Well i'm afraid it won't work, i'm shocked he hasn't come to terms with this yet he's nearly been here a year.

The way we played against Stoke, we proved we can score goals, playing like THAT for 90 minutes is how you get out of this division. But Levein wasn't happy with it, in the interview afterwards he even said we shouldn't have been attacking looking to score at 3-1, against 10 men. It's not suprise we've been crap since, that's a hell of a knock to players who went out there, against a current TOP 6 side, and won by attacking them and scoring FOUR goals.

I want Craig to succeed, but he must realise English football, especially the Championship, is a hell of a lot different to the Scottish drab he's used to. Soon would be ideal.

I don't like the bit about opportunities to sit on leads... :(

Oh dear, when will Levein learn?

The only chance of getting promoted in this division is by scoring as many goals as possible. He is obviously trying to turn us into how Hearts played, grinding out results without scoring many goals, sitting back on a lead and try not to concede. Well i'm afraid it won't work, i'm shocked he hasn't come to terms with this yet he's nearly been here a year.

The way we played against Stoke, we proved we can score goals, playing like THAT for 90 minutes is how you get out of this division. But Levein wasn't happy with it, in the interview afterwards he even said we shouldn't have been attacking looking to score at 3-1, against 10 men. It's not suprise we've been crap since, that's a hell of a knock to players who went out there, against a current TOP 6 side, and won by attacking them and scoring FOUR goals.

I want Craig to succeed, but he must realise English football, especially the Championship, is a hell of a lot different to the Scottish drab he's used to. Soon would be ideal.

Spot on guys.

His whole attitude towards winning games stinks in my opinion. We want to see Leicester attack and score 2-3 goals each game, rather than scoring 1 and sitting on the lead as Levein says. If we scored at least 2 every game it wouldn't matter if we conceded one goal from a set piece, we'd still win. And I seriously doubt our away record will improve with Levein's constant fear tactics - fearful of the opposition, fearful of the surroundings.

Spot on guys.

His whole attitude towards winning games stinks in my opinion. We want to see Leicester attack and score 2-3 goals each game, rather than scoring 1 and sitting on the lead as Levein says. If we scored at least 2 every game it wouldn't matter if we conceded one goal from a set piece, we'd still win. And I seriously doubt our away record will improve with Levein's constant fear tactics - fearful of the opposition, fearful of the surroundings.

It would be interesting if he just thought, "Sod It", and went with....

Douglas

4 defenders...

Hughes, Joey...

and then Hammond, Hume, Hamill and Chambers just running at them.

Won't happen, but it might be fun.

I'll take a bore-draw away at Wolves, but then I'm not going/paying.

Archived