Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bayfox

Remember When?

Not denying that season ticket holders, and people who go to a lot of away games put in time and money, and they should have a priority but not in a way that denies all non season ticket holders. The only reason that others don't commit that time and money is because they are prevented from doing so by the priority scheme.

I've bought a membership and been to 10 home games this season, (around £400 the same as a ST), but I knew I wouldn't be able to go to every game so I didn't buy a season ticket last season, it probably would have been cheaper to buy a season ticket and not turn up to the games I couldn't go to, I could even have made money by flogging the tickets, but that didn't seem right to me.

Either members need to be able to earn loyalty points for home games, the club needs to stop people using their references for other people (impossible to police) or there needs to be an alternative. I'm not talking about being able to go to the Chelsea game or Man United, but when I have been regularly going to London based games for years and I can't go to Selhurst park for the umpteenth time, it is frustrating. You could even categorise the games, so that these codes don't work for Category A games, just the normal away days which have been put out of my and many others reach by the priority points scheme.

Having a one off priority code is a reward for buying a membership and gives you the chance to see your club on the road, something fewer and fewer people are able to do.

The membership scheme worked fine last season, and fine for the first two thirds of this one.

It's almost as if the club weren't expecting us to be favourites for the title with 6 games to go.

You should never be able to pay £50 or whatever you're suggesting to jump to the front of the queue for away tickets whether it's for one game or every game. I very rarely go to aways, I know that I won't get them for the big games, it's just a fact of life, if you've not been to the majority don't expect to go when it gets good.

The membership scheme worked fine last season, and fine for the first two thirds of this one.

It's almost as if the club weren't expecting us to be favourites for the title with 6 games to go.

You should never be able to pay £50 or whatever you're suggesting to jump to the front of the queue for away tickets whether it's for one game or every game. I very rarely go to aways, I know that I won't get them for the big games, it's just a fact of life, if you've not been to the majority don't expect to go when it gets good.

It didn't work fine last season, this has been a problem since we were promoted.

I'm not saying pay £50 for a  queue jump, I don't think you have got what I have proposed at all. You can't buy a priority pass it is a reward for buying a membership. It is a one off code that will allow members a chance of getting an away ticket to one game. Giving 4000 people the option to monopolise buying tickets is clearly flawed (note I said buy tickets and not go to games) plenty of people are going to games despite never having been to an away game before by begging for tickets on here, this then perpetuates the status quo by keeping those that monopolise the buying power in a position to continue to do so, despite them not going to the matches and some of them profiting off it.

A priority pass may not be the best solution, but it would  allow genuine fans who have bought memberships a chance of getting a ticket which  currently they don't.

I don't want to go to the big games, I want to go to the away games that are local for me, like I have done for years.

It didn't work fine last season, this has been a problem since we were promoted.

I'm not saying pay £50 for a queue jump, I don't think you have got what I have proposed at all. You can't buy a priority pass it is a reward for buying a membership. It is a one off code that will allow members a chance of getting an away ticket to one game. Giving 4000 people the option to monopolise buying tickets is clearly flawed (note I said buy tickets and not go to games) plenty of people are going to games despite never having been to an away game before by begging for tickets on here, this then perpetuates the status quo by keeping those that monopolise the buying power in a position to continue to do so, despite them not going to the matches and some of them profiting off it.

A priority pass may not be the best solution, but it would allow genuine fans who have bought memberships a chance of getting a ticket which currently they don't.

I don't want to go to the big games, I want to go to the away games that are local for me, like I have done for years.

Personally I would think a better way would be to have P1 and 2 like they used to, and any others that are left go into a ballot style system with P3s and members but with it weighted more towards P3s but giving members an outside chance.

Problem is no one will ever have a definitive answer and no one will always be happy. Just make the most of what you can get to I guess.

I was there that night, and for probably 90/95% of away games that year and the majority of away games since around 2002, but wouldn't necessarily begrudge anyone a ticket just because they weren't freezing their tits off at Bolton away with me in the Carling Cup in 2005.

Yes it's annoying that 'glory fans' jump on board our success, but it happens at every single club and always will. Are you telling me the 80,000 Watford and Palace fans going to the FA Cup semi final have been to most games this season, or watched their team regularly when they were rotting in the lowers leagues? Were the sell out attendees of the final league 1 game of the season v Scunthorpe there when we played Cheltenham, Stockport, Carlisle etc?

If we do go on to win the whole thing (I still can't bring myself to imagine it happening) then there are going to be 'fans' from all over clawing at our success wherever they can, I've already seen mates of mine who I know full well have supported West Ham, United etc suddenly change their tune but heyho. I won't be sat at Stanford Bridge begrudging those who didn't watch the s**t that the rest of us did. I'll just be so thankful that I did put up with losing to Luton, Plymouth and Tranmere and watching Stephen Hughes, Alan Maybury and Rab Douglas because nobody can hijack the true feeling that us 'real fans' will endure climbing the entire spectrum of emotion.

Basically this, apart from slight differences.

Mainly that whilst you'll be sat at SB not begrudging them being there, I'll be sat at home without a ticket because the glory hunting vultures that have jumped on our bandwagon will have a lot of them. Funny how I never struggled for tickets for games like Hereford away isn't it. Yes I may sound bitter but for years me and my dad have come up from afar to watch a lot of Leicester games per season. My dad used to have ST when he lived there and even went bloody Atletico Madrid away. Now, I see people going who I genuinely know have no interest in football that probably didn't even know we were ever in Europe against Atletico! Rant over

Personally I would think a better way would be to have P1 and 2 like they used to, and any others that are left go into a ballot style system with P3s and members but with it weighted more towards P3s but giving members an outside chance.

Problem is no one will ever have a definitive answer and no one will always be happy. Just make the most of what you can get to I guess.

I wouldn't be upset with that, the problem with ballots is it is all time consuming and delays when you know you have a ticket to make travel plans.

Don't worry, I am ecstatic with every chance I get to watch the boys these last few years, sadly not as often as I would like, but I am one to always look at ways to improve things to make them fairer. I don't want or expect  to go to all the  big games, but it is just frustrating at having virtually 0 chance because people are taking advantage of the system.

Sorry but the away ticket threads are chaos. People who know they aren't going to the game just buy a ticket to sell it on... that way their priority remains high without even attending the game... and it's the same old users on here doing it.

Thankfully I'm P1 but if another P1 buys a ticket with the only intention to sell on, how is that fair? There's probably a P2 that actually wants to go and will now miss out.

I think bayfox has been harshly criticised in this thread. I know exactly what he means. The people commenting in this thread like "I haven't been to an away game since or because" should go look at some of the away game threads because it's the same users buying and then quickly selling... I wouldn't push in front of someone in Tesco only to not actually buy anything when I get to the checkout.

I don't believe that anyone actually gives their ticket reference to someone who they know isn't a Leicester fan or who has no other way of getting a ticket or who isn't a personal friend.

If there are people selling their P1 tickets to others who are selling them on then they both want their heads knocking together. If I had a P1 ticket there is no chance I'm selling it to someone without knowing who they are etc. I wan't Leicester fans to be enjoying this success.

Absolutely there are people looking to make money or something but that isn't what this is about. There are loads of genuine Leicester fans who are missing out. If getting a ticket by asking for one is the only way then so be it.

The only way to really stop it is to ensure that people need ID to go along with their ticket. This way people who buy tickets to sell on for profit can't do so.

It would also mean that people lower down have a better chance at getting a ticket.

Bolton was a great night, seemed full enough to me.

Not everyone has the time or money to commit to every game, and have to be selective. I don't think there are as many glory hunters as people make out. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity for Leicester fans, whether they've attended 1000 games or only 1, to see their team do something special and cheer them on. I don't have a problem with that.

Bolton was the last (competitive) away game I went to lol

Yeovil away for me as i'm just down the road! missed first 10 mins as it was bedlam trying to get into the ground because of crap traffic/car park etc

have to settle with Mobdro streams every time we play as having 2 jobs gives me barely any freedom!!! (violin time)

The only way to really stop it is to ensure that people need ID to go along with their ticket. This way people who buy tickets to sell on for profit can't do so.

It would also mean that people lower down have a better chance at getting a ticket.

I have raised that point. However. That requires the home club to have a record of who has purchased tickets. And checking at turnstiles another time consuming exercise.

As for the profit part. Well I know the club are trying to keep an eye on that.

That as I have said before constitutes touting. They are monitoring places such as eBay.

I remember when the Ticket and Travel forum was dominated by which pubs everyone was heading to. Followed by a mission to see who was on the earliest train and who would be most pissed by KO - FT Glory days. 

People seem to genuinely believe that some have had their priorities handed to them, instead of building them up over many seasons of misery. It's completely believable that we currently have I'd say 2,500+ supporters on more than 130 points. I can appreciate all want tickets but the current system is as fair as it can be, 

I have raised that point. However. That requires the home club to have a record of who has purchased tickets. And checking at turnstiles another time consuming exercise.

As for the profit part. Well I know the club are trying to keep an eye on that.

That as I have said before constitutes touting. They are monitoring places such as eBay.

You'd think that most clubs have electronic membership cards and season ticket cards and most are equipped with readers. It wouldn't be that difficult for the tickets to be loaded onto your season ticket, they probably all use the same software and provider. People would be a lot more reluctant to hand over their season ticket to someone they didn't know than buy a ticket on their behalf.

You'd think that most clubs have electronic membership cards and season ticket cards and most are equipped with readers. It wouldn't be that difficult for the tickets to be loaded onto your season ticket, they probably all use the same software and provider. People would be a lot more reluctant to hand over their season ticket to someone they didn't know than buy a ticket on their behalf.

No that's the 1st reasonable solution to it, maybe it's worth raising with the club and the FSF.

I remember when the Ticket and Travel forum was dominated by which pubs everyone was heading to. Followed by a mission to see who was on the earliest train and who would be most pissed by KO - FT Glory days. 

People seem to genuinely believe that some have had their priorities handed to them, instead of building them up over many seasons of misery. It's completely believable that we currently have I'd say 2,500+ supporters on more than 130 points. I can appreciate all want tickets but the current system is as fair as it can be, 

Nobody is debating any of that.

We'd just rather not be looked down upon/laughed at for asking for tickets to games we'd like to go to.

Archived